Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Dickerty wrote: »
    And with Fabinho sitting between the CBs, we need our FBs at half way at least. It's not that Clyne is defensive, but Trent is a midfielder at heart, he's most comfy there...

With Clyne fit we can pick and choose when both play, we can possibly get the best of both worlds depending on the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

NukaCola wrote: »
    His new number is 10, but he is surely up for a new contract......very important to tie him down to one.....that will be our front 3 tied down to deals, and while that doesn't guarantee they'll be here for the duration it does protect us a bit, not that I want to think about such things atm.

https://twitter.com/MarkHughes_/status/1020255387285704704?s=19

Let's hope he was correct on both accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AzEhFxS.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Would be great to get one more for the first 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

TitianGerm wrote: »
    TAA is far from solid at the back. Hes prone to being out of position and can have lapses in concentration.

Clyne will play against the big teams and TAA against the teams who sit deep.

TAA probably made two or three mistakes. One was against Rashford who is a good player. These things are going to happen.

It does not mean they are a bad player.

Players are not robots and they will make mistakes.

Allison will probably make errors in his early games and it won't mean he's a bad keeper.

I hate how many people nowadays expect players not to make mistakes and it also undoes all the good work that they do.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Allison will probably make errors in his early games and it won't mean he's a bad keeper.

When he does I hope we don't get the "If Karius did that he'd be ripped apart" posts. We probably will though.

brevity wrote: »
    Would be great to get one more for the first 11

Where though? AM? CB? Probably the only 2 positions we could upgrade...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Where though? AM? CB? Probably the only 2 positions we could upgrade...

Yea, AM.

Would be a nice cherry on top of the cake

When he does I hope we don't get the "If Karius did that he'd be ripped apart" posts. We probably will though.

Of course.

Same thing happened with de Gea. Took him a while to settle and he got torn apart at the start.

Imagine if Utd had listened to those fans then and got rid of him?

• Advertisement

Alisson, it's great to see your success! I hope you shine next to Firmino in @LFC. I'm rooting for you! // @Alissonbecker,

https://twitter.com/Pele/status/1020303013884375040

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

The thing is, the journos close to the club are suggesting we were sniffing around AB for months, but the fee quoted was £90M a few months ago. So they are not reacting to Karius' mistakes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not even a mention of poor Fabby :pac:

Just reading an article on how Fun Bobby’s Mrs played a huge part in helping convince Alisson’s Mrs that Liverpool was a good place to live.

I think that also goes back to Lucas and his family helping all the South Americans to settle in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

The Ox news completely passed me by....****ing hell. :( Feel awful for the bloke.

We've had to some sh1t look with injuries going back as far as Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Just reading an article on how Fun Bobby’s Mrs played a huge part in helping convince Alisson’s Mrs that Liverpool was a good place to live.

I think that also goes back to Lucas and his family helping all the South Americans to settle in.

If fairness, Liverpool is only up the road from Manchester so the Brazilians at both clubs probably socialize together as well, especially as they know each other from the international set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think Lucas is a clever lad. I'd love if he came back in a coaching capacity when he's finished up.

Even if he had a part time ambassadorial role he could split his time for and still live in Brazil, I really think he's worth having involved in the club.

brevity wrote: »
    Yea, AM.

Would be a nice cherry on top of the cake

I think we may have another look at Fekir, despite what Klopp has said about no more business, I think its a bit of mind games as Lyon have been doing some of their own recently enough. Have to say though I'm very happy if it ends like this but I do think there is space for a really creative AM/Attacker, unless Klopp solves that problem by using what we already have which seems fairly do-able.

Gbear wrote: »
    I think Lucas is a clever lad. I'd love if he came back in a coaching capacity when he's finished up.

Even if he had a part time ambassadorial role he could split his time for and still live in Brazil, I really think he's worth having involved in the club.

To be honest I really see Lucas as a future manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If Everton are ok with £100m for Sigurdsson and Richarlison, I'm ok with £100m for Keita and Fabinho.

Or Alisson and Salah.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Richarlison would be a better signing than fekir imo,also it would build a brazilian group at the club

I like Richarlison from what I saw of him last season and would have liked us to try and sign him in January.

Now however the more I think about I really don't want a player who basically went on a sulk strike for an entire season after Silva was sacked.

Use the Coutinho money and the CL league money and bid £200m for Mbappe.

I like Richarlison from what I saw of him last season and would have liked us to try and sign him in January.

Now however the more I think about I really don't want a player who basically went on a sulk strike for an entire season after Silva was sacked.

Use the Coutinho money and the CL league money and bid £200m for Mbappe.

Great,how many times can we spend the coutinho money

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Can't believe FSG are penny pinching and haven't bought Mbappe for £200m yet. Tight gits...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

LFC official site just confirmed that Ward has moved to Leicester, Echo reporting the deal is for £12.5m plus a 20% sell on clause. Wonder does that mean they hang on to Karius as no.2...

£12.5m for a 3rd choice keeper with no future at the club is amazing bit of business by FSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ridiculous that we still haven’t spent the Ward money. Tight arse owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

£12.5m for a 3rd choice keeper with no future at the club is amazing bit of business by FSG.

Yep, indeed - didn't he cost something like £100k or £150k?

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Yep, indeed - didn't he cost something like £100k or £150k?

Something like that alright.

Mignolet & Karius cost a combined £13.7m.

Ward also isn't that young he is 25 about 6 months younger than Alisson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

That seems like a crazy fee to pay. As of yesterday he became our fourth choice keeper. £0.5m less than the outlay on Shaqiri.

Liverpool must be quoting teams some big fees for the players on the fringe of the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jordan Ibe, Danny Ward, Kevin Stewart and Brad Smith sold for a combined 41.5M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Ryan Kent gone to Sevco on season long loan

Jordan Ibe, Danny Ward, Kevin Stewart and Brad Smith sold for a combined 41.5M.

Add that to the Coutinho money and buy Mbappe

170 odd million net spend for this window is down to 160 odd now so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

170 odd million net spend for this window is down to 160 odd now so.

That's still a lot of money. We have been crying for investment in the team and most of us accepted the grounds needed it first, which it got and now the team is getting the investment required to fight for top place.

We have been gazumped for years by various teams but the CL run probably sealed our credentials and now we are using that to get the players we needed. Klopp is clearly a draw for players.

This is the most hopeful for the season coming I've felt in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

4th choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

20% sell on fee as well ,great deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,693 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

4th choice

2nd choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Be honest lads, do we have the sexiest keeper in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

not yet wrote: »

The wife, with no interest in football, looked up at the telly during a Brazil match in the WC and asked who he was. I mentioned that Liverpool were in for him and she suggested that she might actually watch a game this season should they sign him.

Obviously she was impressed by his quick distribution!

Hey, it's a start! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’d say Lyon do, but it’s subjective. We do have the sexiest counter attacking game in Europe though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

fyfe79 wrote: »
    The wife, with no interest in football, looked up at the telly during a Brazil match in the WC and asked who he was. I mentioned that Liverpool were in for him and she suggested that she might actually watch a game this season should they sign him.

Ha Ha, Anfield will be full of women next year..

fyfe79 wrote: »

Tell her he has very good hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

And a humongous becker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

And a humongous becker

Two girls one Becker...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Yes, but hopefully himself and his blonde ponytail will be out the door soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Great,how many times can we spend the coutinho money

Seemingly it's a never ending pit of money that will fund player transfers for the next 25 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Great fee for Ward. Would also make you hopeful of getting a decent chunk for Sturridge in spite of everything.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement