Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

What time are we on this evening, and what sort of first teamers are likely to play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

What time are we on this evening, and what sort of first teamers are likely to play?

21:05, similar enough to last few games I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

shamrock55 wrote: »
    You don't shout or sing at games your well suited to city so,btw how can you be a Liverpool fan if you had a season ticket at city for 10 yrs,I'm confused

Some would probably ask the same question about those who do nothing but cry and complain, and are negative about every single thing the club does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

shamrock55 wrote: »
    21:05, similar enough to last few games I'd say

Thought it was on Monday evening?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Some would probably ask the same question about those who do nothing but cry and complain, and are negative about every single thing the club does.

Don't be a smartass,it's a legitimate question

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Thought it was on Monday evening?

It's on tonight alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kovacic being linked after allegedly asking to leave Real.

Don't think we really need him. Need someone more direct with pace rather than just another good midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dembele to Liverpool rumours will kick off next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A these loan deals are a worry, gone are the days of giving youth a chance. Too much at stake, the likes of Owen , Fowler so on would not have a hope of playing in this Liverpool side.
    Ryan Kent gone to Rangers, the guy is 22 in a few months. Pretty old to be trying to get a game, Owen had 5 years at the top at that age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It’s being reported that Woodburn is happy to go on loan for the season.

He is happy that whatever Klopp chooses for him will be the best thing for him.

• Advertisement

A these loan deals are a worry, gone are the days of giving youth a chance. Too much at stake, the likes of Owen , Fowler so on would not have a hope of playing in this Liverpool side.
    Ryan Kent gone to Rangers, the guy is 22 in a few months. Pretty old to be trying to get a game, Owen had 5 years at the top at that age.

If Kent was even half the player Owen was he wouldn’t be going out on loan.

Ryan Kent is no Michael Owen full stop.

Young players only look amazing when surrounded by first team players. You need to be brave enough to play them in first team, I'm not saying Kent is good enough but the likes of Woodburn will lose his place on bench to Shaqiri, a player we bought just for the price. Woodburn won't even make bench now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Young players only look amazing when surrounded by first team players. You need to be brave enough to play them in first team, I'm not saying Kent is good enough but the likes of Woodburn will lose his place on bench to Shaqiri, a player we bought just for the price. Woodburn won't even make bench now.

Would you prefer to look at your bench during the final game of the season drawing, knowing a win will win the league and you see Woodburn rather than Shaqiri?

Would you prefer to look at your bench during the final game of the season drawing, knowing a win will win the league and you see Woodburn rather than Shaqiri?

Just seems a shame, they don't send him out on loan, won't sell him and won't play him. Woodburn got 53 minutes of football last season, and he was fit. Sometimes unpredictable youth can win you a game rather than a player everyone knows how to stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just seems a shame, they don't send him out on loan, won't sell him and won't play him. Woodburn got 53 minutes of football last season, and he was fit. Sometimes unpredictable youth can win you a game rather than a player everyone knows how to stop.

Maybe 53 mins of senior football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Probably wanted to develop him at Melwood and keep an eye on him there. Probably didn't want to loan him out because they thought he wasn't ready. Could be a many many reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Comparing any of our loanees to Owen or Fowler is insane... those two were elite prospects from a young age. The only one we really have in that mold right now is Brewster. He's got the athletic ability and passes the eye test. I actually think Solanke will kick on this year too. His xg conversion rate was so ridic low but it shows he gets into the right positions. Time will tell I suppose.

I think we might see some more 442 this year so wouldn't be shocked to see Clyne at rb and Trent at rm. I actually think Trent would make a ludicrously good old style right midfielder. He has all the required attributes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I must admit that on watching becker in the two legs against liverpool i wasnt convinced he was a major upgrade.After watching those youtube compilations he is going to be some craic to watch.There will be howlers when he gets caught out but he must be worth 60million for his kickouts and throws alone��

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Lads, I'm locked.....but I'm pretty sure I'll be singing a variation of it's coming home next May.

Sturridge amnesia yesterday. Toby amnesia today...

Klopp has confirmed Alisson will make is debut in Dublin against Napoli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Klopp has confirmed Alisson will make is debut in Dublin against Napoli.

He also just made it clear to Sky Sports Germany that Alisson will be number one!!! (as if he would be anything else but..)
    They were asking him the agent from Migs today claimed Migs was staying put and his situation hadnt changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Probably going to be asked a million times, but what channel is this on tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

If that was today I'd obviously rather see Shaqiri. Hopefully Woodburn will get a bit of playing time this season and kick on, then by May I'd love to be saying bring on Woodburn. Then a season away at a club like Bournemouth who play football and back to try for a first team place in 20/21 when he's 20 years old.
    Not sure that will happen but it's a nice dream to have. I'd love to see his type of player come thru the academy and be a real first teamer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

emo72 wrote: »
    Probably going to be asked a million times, but what channel is this on tonight?

Eir Sport 2 or LFC TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

DAZN (German Streaming Service) are showing it. If you have a German IP or vpn you can sign up and the first month is free.

Should you continue the service you pay 9.99 per month, can pay with paypal or credit card and you can watch selected PL, CL, UEFA Cup, Italian, Spanish, Scotish, French, Dutch and MSL games to name a few. Also US sports and other events included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

NukaCola wrote: »
    Origi is very under rated here, I think he's an ideal backup and scores when needed. I'd have him over Solanke/Ings/Sturridge no bother.

People pointing out he was rubbish in Germany, well thats what happens when you get loaned to a club that plays poor football and is one of the worst in the division.
    NukaCola wrote: »
    West Brom would probably disagree.....
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Incredible tweet sent last Jan

"My opinion, just my opinion:

No like-for-like player will quickly replace Coutinho's magic, but if Liverpool end up signing Alisson, Van Dijk, Keita and a good young DM like Fabinho or Weigl, they'd definitely be a much stronger side even without Coutinho.

Invest the ££ well"

https://mobile.twitter.com/brazilstat/status/950130963497078784?s=21

Le Progrès on Nabil Fékir: "He no longer seems to be Liverpool's priority... but other clubs could manifest themselves for him.

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/1021091944255184896?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Team news for tonight...

Liverpool starting XI: Karius, Clyne, Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson, Fabinho, Lallana, Camacho, Markovic, Jones, Origi.
    Substitutes: Kelleher, Grabara, Milner, Keita, Gomez, Sturridge, Klavan, Moreno, Solanke, Phillips, Ojo, Woodburn.

Three goal keepers? Odd.

Karius,
    Clyne, Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson,
    Fabinho
    Jones, Lallana
    Camacho, Origi, Markovic,

is the best I can come with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Camacho and Jones - forgive my ignorance but are these young fellas? Any good?

Karius taking the p1ss now he knows he's done.

kARIUS
    OH
    Karius

Only took Karius less than 4 minutes tonight to remind us that Alisson was a great signing.

I can hardly believe what I'm seeing. Suicide mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

What happened?

Lallana looks bald from a distance.

• Advertisement

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Camacho and Jones - forgive my ignorance but are these young fellas? Any good?

Camacho is very lively right sided attacker and Jones is the next Gerrard ;)

jasonb wrote: »
    What happened?

Came out of the box to sweep, passed straight to Max Philipp who thankfully shot wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Poor kick out straight to Dortmund with an empty goal to shoot at.

I suppose you could say he done a karius

Lallana looks bald from a distance.

Curtis Jones looks distant from bald.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Who's the co commentator on premier sports?

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Poor kick out straight to Dortmund with an empty goal to shoot at.

I suppose you could say he done a karius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uACvFAm6JSM

An insight into the mind of Karius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Matip injured again.

Sign Lascelles !

Matip already crocked, Gomez coming on.

Is Matip officially a sicknote now or is he still borderline?

• Advertisement

£65 million will get you Harry Maguire.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement