Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One billboard outside Dungarvan?

Options
  • 29-05-2018 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

Whats with the sign on the car as you drive into Abbyside from Barnawee Bridge?

There was a car pared where the Speed Van normally parks and it had a professionally sign written billboard on top, something about a Garda lying? Only read the first line as I was passing, whats the story?

If its as they say an ongoing court case then obviously we can't discuss it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

my3cents wrote: »
    Whats with the sign on the car as you drive into Abbyside from Barnawee Bridge?

There was a car pared where the Speed Van normally parks and it had a professionally sign written billboard on top, something about a Garda lying? Only read the first line as I was passing, whats the story?

If its as they say an ongoing court case then obviously we can't discuss it.

There's about three of them parked along the Youghal road, by the Garda station with ages now. Recently one got upgraded to a truck with more info on it. I've yet to stop and actually read it, but someone has a big grudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Saw the thread title and thought the sequel was out already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

noby wrote: »
    There's about three of them parked along the Youghal road, by the Garda station with ages now. Recently one got upgraded to a truck with more info on it. I've yet to stop and actually read it, but someone has a big grudge.

Too much info and the lettering is to small, about all I can read while I'm passing is about a line and there must be ten or more lines of writing.

So for anyone interested I finally got around to stopping and taking a photo.

452695.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Very selective snippets of information and not enough to be of any interest to the general public.

If this is just some local who wants others to know that a Garda is capable of telling lies then ok, but if it's someone looking for justice or to shame the Gardai then it's a waste of time, effort and money, as there's not enough details for the general public to make any informed opinion.

Whoever's involved should take their story to the media and get a balanced airing that way, maybe that didn't work, who knows.

• Advertisement

Surprised that particular car hasn't been towed? No Tax, insurance or NCT as far as I could see but its parked on a Council maintained amenity area so not actually on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dungarvan lad

I took the time to stop the other day to speak to a man who was starting up the truck at the Garda station. A pure gentleman he showed me all the paperwork about the case where a member of dungarvan Garda made a false deceleration which was proven to be not true and the superintendent Mick leacy has refused to remove the untrue stuff on the Garda computers
    And this is the man in charge of a Garda station
    Reckless behavior it would appear the superintendent thinks he is above the law

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dungarvan lad

I took the time to stop the other day to speak to a man who was starting up the truck at the Garda station. A pure gentleman he showed me all the paperwork about the case where a member of dungarvan Garda made a false deceleration which was proven to be not true and the superintendent Mick leacy has refused to remove the untrue stuff on the Garda computers

Dungarvan Garda station
    Truck & cars all have tax insurance & tests had a walk around all of them last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

He seems quite upset about this whole debacle!?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dungarvan Garda station
    Truck & cars all have tax insurance & tests had a walk around all of them last night

I’d say you did.

• Advertisement

oh well case closed so

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cork456

It’s about time the guards were shown up they think they can brush it under the mat fair play to the man involved plus it’s not the first f**k up with the Garda in Dungarvan ( fight fire with fire )
    Stand up to the guards when the wrong you they would be first to have you in court for anything

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

my3cents wrote: »
    So for anyone interested I finally got around to stopping and taking a photo.
    Sounds like someone got arrested for being a ****.

Oh, and hello to the new one post wonders shilling their cause.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Naming & sharing details of private individuals is not on, dont do it again. Having several accounts to back your argument is also not alloed, if it is the case here the user involved will face a ban

Gaspode wrote: »
    if it is the case here the user involved will face a ban

Well, tell us GASP, is it the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mat cauthon

I have an idea that this relates to something that happened a few years ago. I find the gardaí very professional, very considerate, and given their limitations, trying as hard as possible to do a job that no one else wants to do. I wouldn't do it. Nor would most who find it recreational to diss them on an anonymous forum.

Adding on... the reason it isn't on social media, or mainstream media, is because there is no real proof which would stand up in court, because it isn't true!
    FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,884 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There's nothing like a semi-literate rant with bad spelling to add credibility to a cause.

Edit: THE PHOTO :p

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

What was spelled incorrectly, or semi-literate about my post?
    Beyond the FFS thing, which while it sums up my attitude to the whole silly scenario, I will say sorry for.

There's nothing like a couple of gardai jumping on an old thread to try to deflect attenion.

Fixed your quote there....... :P

• Advertisement

The photo is a semi-literate mispelled rant, but congratulations on taking everything so personally.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Fixed your quote there....... :P

You're nicked!

LOL I wouldn't take the pay cut or the hours increase or having to deal with even worse assholes than I already do to be a guard.

Ah, but, dearest hotblack.... your post, coming so closely to mine, when there had been little for a while, could be so easily interpreted as being a direct response to mine.... naturally, as a rare poster here, I felt it to be an immediate attack on my post. I do see how I could be seen as a snowflake, though I have probably survived far more snowstorms, and other equivalent weather events/natural disasters than many of the - how did you put it so succinctly - illiterate and ill spelled rant(s) posters here.
    I do think, don't you, that possibly a bit of thought in just how your particular post may be interpreted, given the immediate posts surrounding it, might not go astray?
    Also, it isn't enough to assume that all posters have read through the full thread, so it really isn't okay to assume that a referral to a post made some time ago is okay and will be understood by all. Most of the posters here ( my self included, I confess, don't read the whole hundreds of posts leading up to our input.
    We should, I agree, but human nature being what it is...

Perhaps if you'd referred to the sign, I would not have responded in such a reactive way!
    Still, I do agree with you regarding the sign. It was ill written.

Oh, and this is to do with nothing at all, Hotblack, the singular of Gardaí is Garda. So you do not work as a Guard, but as a Garda. And I am not a Garda at all, and never have been, and never would be. But I do have good time for them. Great men and women who do the jobs most of us wouldn't dream of doing.
    So if you are a Garda, Hotblack, I for one support the force, and wish you all well.

Ah, but, dearest hotblack.... your post, coming so closely to mine, when there had been little for a while, could be so easily interpreted as being a direct response to mine.... naturally, as a rare poster here, I felt it to be an immediate attack on my post. I do see how I could be seen as a snowflake, though I have probably survived far more snowstorms, and other equivalent weather events/natural disasters than many of the - how did you put it so succinctly - illiterate and ill spelled rant(s) posters here.
    I do think, don't you, that possibly a bit of thought in just how your particular post may be interpreted, given the immediate posts surrounding it, might not go astray?
    Also, it isn't enough to assume that all posters have read through the full thread, so it really isn't okay to assume that a referral to a post made some time ago is okay and will be understood by all. Most of the posters here ( my self included, I confess, don't read the whole hundreds of posts leading up to our input.
    We should, I agree, but human nature being what it is...

Perhaps if you'd referred to the sign, I would not have responded in such a reactive way!
    Still, I do agree with you regarding the sign. It was ill written.

Hahaha!

You pick somebody up wrong and attempt to blame them for your mistake!

You are a politician.

What mistake? Please elaborate.

I haven't made any mistakes. Nor did hotblack, apart from the fact s(h)e did not make it clear just what post s(h)e was referring too.

I wouldn't be a politician if they gave me the lotto winnings to do it.

Oh, and this is to do with nothing at all, Hotblack, the singular of Gardas Garda. So you do not work as a Guard, but as a Garda. And I am not a Garda at all, and never have been, and never would be. But I do have good time for them. Great men and women who do the jobs most of us wouldn't dream of doing.
    So if you are a Garda, Hotblack, I for one support the force, and wish you all well.

FFS. I just said that I wasn't. Would never have considered it as a job.

Advertisement