Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban in motoring

Options
  • 29-05-2018 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭

So I received a ban this morning from the Motoring forum, I've been in touch with 2 mods regarding this this morning, neither of which have responded or acknowledged my messages.

So apparently my ban was a result of continuing the cyclist vs motorist debate, which I'd like rescinded. This is the thread in question
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107127334#post107127334

Firstly, there was no motorist vs cyclist crap on that thread this morning. There was universal disdain for the user's attitude and his videos.

The sequence of leading to the ban because I apparenly ignored the warning were
    I have deleted a whole raft of cyclist related crap. From now on I will just start handing out 24hr bans. People have been repeatedly warned about it. I am sick of seeing 2/3 pages of junk derailing this thread. Final warning bans will be handed out with no further warning

There was no cyclist related crap.

I subsequently posted
    Sam Quentin, you've no place on the roads, your driving is abysmal and self entitled attitude is a a disgrace.
    No cyclist related crap.

Follow up post by LIGHTNING
    Discussion is fine but pages of bickering about cyclists is not what this thread its about. Cyclists seem to trigger people and threads derail v.quickly. Its happened before and I don't want it happening again.

There was no bickering about cyclists.

If someone comes along later today and tells Sam that he driving was ****e based on his videos that he posted, will he be banned because he's getting involved in "cyclist related crap"? I doubt it.

So what encompasses "cyclist related crap", simply comment on a vid which shows dangerous driving around cyclists?

The ban is only for 24 hours, but it's the principal that I now have a ban against me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Please be patient in waiting for the mods to reply. In the meantime, I'll make the Motoring & Transport CMods aware of this DRP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Hi. I'll have a look at this for you.

Please confirm you have engaged with the mod first and forward your correspondence here or by PM.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Cheers.

Yeah, I've been in touch via PM with the original mod, and when no response, I included another mod of the forum in an additional message. Still no response from either of them.

I'll forward them on to you.

Any update?

Ok have had a look at this.

I looks like there has been a bit of a mix up with this. The post after the warning, you refer to is benign enough. However it is the post previous to that which is the offending one [at 09:43]:
    Hurrache wrote:
    Pat has serious issues with cyclists for some odd reason, I think one may have taken his wife for a ride on his crossbar one time or something.

This is a trollish and personal attack, and adds fuel to the anti-cyclist fire. I suspect the mod didn't pick out the right reason as he was doing a lot of cleaning up which can be distracting.

So some benefit of doubt is applicable but the quote above is not on. What I propose doing is rescind the ban but replace it with a infraction.

• Advertisement

That's fair enough, a ban based on a post previous to a mod warning is unjustifiable. .

Grand, I'll overturn the ban. You will get a PM saying you have received an infraction.

Then I will flag this as resolved.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Thanks all. Marked as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement