Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting offer

Options
  • 29-05-2018 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

I was in carphone warehouse and was advised if you ported you number you could get the 30 unlimited offer for €20 every 28 days. I have been ported over and when I text 50104 and not showing as being on a offer I was advised on webchat to top up but still no offer. Could you look into this for me please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

Best to my knowledge that offer is still valid. If you believe that the promotional offer didn't activated for you then call Eir Customer Care, they usually fix issues faster than Webchat. 

Tell them that you ported from another network and you believe that 30 UNLIMITED plan for €20/month didn't activate. Also make sure to ask them whenever €120 free credit activated for you as well. Which is you should get free €10 for every €20 top up that you make for the next 12 months.

EDIT: Whoops, actually based on Carphone's tarrif page it does seem that offer is over since it's no longer displayed there.

https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/tariff-page

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

RobiePAX wrote: »
    Best to my knowledge that offer is still valid. If you believe that the promotional offer didn't activated for you then call Eir Customer Care, they usually fix issues faster than Webchat. 

Tell them that you ported from another network and you believe that 30 UNLIMITED plan for €20/month didn't activate. Also make sure to ask them whenever €120 free credit activated for you as well. Which is you should get free €10 for every €20 top up that you make for the next 12 months.

Can I just go into a store, get a "porting" sim, buy €20 credit and do it myself online?

Was told last month that this offer was no longer available?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

I've checked Eir's website and also Carphone's tariff page. It does actually seem that the offer is over contrary to my previous belief. Still OP says that during a purchase he was told that he'll still get that offer. If he contacts customer care he should still avail of that offer at Eir's agent discretion.

@jim salter well since we kind of established that the deal is pretty much over I wouldn't risk moving your number when there's a chance that you won't get the offer you are hoping you'll get. It's your choice.

If you are looking for equally great deal, I'd suggest looking at Eir's SIM Only plan. In my opinion it's one of the best deals on the market, I use it myself and my girlfriend too.

€15/month for 6 months (Unlimited Calls and Text to Any Network, 15 GB of Data) on 30 Days contract.
    €30 thereafter, but you can always jump off for a month to other network or prepay plan then jump back to the same offer and discount.
    Also it gets even cheaper if you have Eir broadband in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

TGi666 wrote: »
    I was in carphone warehouse and was advised if you ported you number you could get the 30 unlimited offer for €20 every 28 days. I have been ported over and when I text 50104 and not showing as being on a offer I was advised on webchat to top up but still no offer. Could you look into this for me please.
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Hi TGi666, [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in contact with us here. [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Can you confirm you have followed all the below steps?  If you have followed all these steps and are still not receiving the offer, feel free to PM me your mobile, PIN, date of birth and full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. [/font]

1. Join eir prepay and port your number from your existing network
    2. Register for My eir
    3. Top Up by €20

For a schedule of when the credit will be applied please see our full terms and conditions[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]·         Steps to opting in. Text to 50104 - To opt in, text the code for your chosen offer to 50104[/font]
      [font=Calibri, sans-serif]·         Top up - To activate, top up your account with the amount of the offer[/font]
      [font=Calibri, sans-serif]·         Top up every 28 days - Don't forget to top up every 28 days to keep your offer active[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks [/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Tracey[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

Hi Tracey,

Just pm’d you there with the details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

TGi666 wrote: »
    Hi Tracey,

Just pm’d you there with the details.
    No problem. 

I'll come back to you through PM's soon. 

Thanks 

Tracey

Advertisement