Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are eir Sales People Outright Lying Now?

Options
  • 29-05-2018 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭

One of your salesman signed up an elderly relative via door to door rectntlr

It's for Dual Play International which is eir Broadband and eir Talk International

He told them as well as the initla sign up doc that it is a flat €45 a month for the first 12 months and €81 a month after (12 month contract)

He told then US calls were included in teh eir talk international as long as yoy didn't go over 60 mins 

Now they received their first bill today of €87 

They have been charged €24 for US and Canada calls (only called US) despite being assured it was included in the 45 flat fee. They US total calls was only 42 mins so they didn't go over 60 mins and incur charges 

Now only that after being signed up at 45 a month for this package they threw in a VAT charge on top of the package price they initially claimed ththere was no mention of vat chargers on top from your saleman or is it listed on your eir order sunmaes form he signed and left to them 

What's going on here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

That's odd. The only logical explanation that I would think of is if they accidentally put you on the Off-Peak Talk plan, so you were charged for those international calls. If you login into "My Eir" on your account, then you'll see a breakdown exactly what were you been charged for. Very handy tool as you can calculate everything what you should and should not have been charged for.

Don't forget that first bill is a pro-rata bill, so it's always higher than expected €45. Meaning that you'll see the following three charges on your first bill:

1. Standard €45 charge for a month in advance.
    2. Pro-Rata Charge: So if you signed up to the bundle lets say 2 weeks before the standard bill day. Then you'll see around €22 charge for the period that you used for those two weeks.
    3. Out of Bundle charges: Unfortunately these are those calls which for some reason were considered not part of the bundle. Again you can confirm this in "My Eir" to see whenever you were charged for them.

I wish best of luck to you and hope this issue will be resolved quickly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Thanks for taking the time to post Robie . Yeah there was maybe €5 worth of 11811 calls out of bundle which is grand 

It's Def €24 specifically for 42 mins of US calls then VAT thrown in on top which wasn't mentioned. 

I also wonder how the vat is taken from the 45 plus the 31 odd euro call charges which includes the us €24 worht of charges as given the flat rate is 45 you'd think the extra charges would be all vat would be taken off 

Hopefully this will be sorted but it's a disgrace of a feck up. I checked the eir talk international and it includes mobile and landlines to 40+ countries outside Ireland and UK including the US so it's very odd 

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

VAT should definitely be included in the bundle. Unless you signed up to some sort of business plan which doesn't sound like you are.

Hopefully one of Eir guys contact you in this thread and sort it out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

One of your salesman signed up an elderly relative via door to door rectntlr

It's for Dual Play International which is eir Broadband and eir Talk International

He told them as well as the initla sign up doc that it is a flat €45 a month for the first 12 months and €81 a month after (12 month contract)

He told then US calls were included in teh eir talk international as long as yoy didn't go over 60 mins 

Now they received their first bill today of €87 

They have been charged €24 for US and Canada calls (only called US) despite being assured it was included in the 45 flat fee. They US total calls was only 42 mins so they didn't go over 60 mins and incur charges 

Now only that after being signed up at 45 a month for this package they threw in a VAT charge on top of the package price they initially claimed ththere was no mention of vat chargers on top from your saleman or is it listed on your eir order sunmaes form he signed and left to them 

What's going on here?
    Hi Jurgen Klopp, 

I'm very sorry to hear this, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, date of birth and email address and I'll have a look into this for you and clarify the details of the package. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Hi I PM'd you yesterday Tracey thanks

If fact after studying the bill eir have them on National and UK calls only not the eir International they signed him up to

I have the original order summary form with broadband and eir international signed by your salesman as proof of this

So I hope this will be sorted quickly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi I PM'd you yesterday Tracey thanks

If fact after studying the bill eir have them on National and UK calls only not the eir International they signed him up to

I have the original order summary form with broadband and eir international signed by your salesman as proof of this

So I hope this will be sorted quickly
    Hi there Jurgen Klopp

Thank you so much for all the information. If anyone is on a different offer than what they agreed to, the account holder must ring in to dispute this. Unfortunately we won't be able to assist with this as Customer Care will have to move the account holder into the correct plan and credit anything if they were overcharged due to this. This can only be done by calling in as the account holder must accept the T&C's and agree to the price plan change.

-Kyle

Advertisement