Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought Bill Burr Tickets from wrong website

Options
  • 29-05-2018 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

So I thought it was the ticketmaster website but apparently it's something called VIAGOGO - no idea what that is, but it gets bad reviews from Trustpilot, among others.

It looks semi-legit, I got the e-tickets but they have someone else's name on them and I'm worried about being refused entry now.

Basically, can the 'Seller' still use the tickets and have sold them at the same time? Is that possible with e-tickets?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Unlikely with Viagogo I'd say. You should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

They are legit (if a little shady).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viagogo

Just make sure the date's correct (as I know he's also playing London). And check the seat row and number correlates with the 3 Arena!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Rezident wrote: »
    So I thought it was the ticketmaster website but apparently it's something called VIAGOGO - no idea what that is, but it gets bad reviews from Trustpilot, among others.

It looks semi-legit, I got the e-tickets but they have someone else's name on them and I'm worried about being refused entry now.

Basically, can the 'Seller' still use the tickets and have sold them at the same time? Is that possible with e-tickets?

Thanks.

I thought Viagogo holds your payment until the show is over? If you contact them complaining that you couldn't use the etickets because someone else had then they contact the seller to start a dispute process. Think that's how it works anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

verycool wrote: »
    They are legit (if a little shady).

catching a lot of flack these days

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-44299981

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Ok grand, thanks for the replies. I thought it was the official ticket site, until I got the end! It is deceptive.

Seems they pay Google to get higher search results and charge an insane markup, just what we needed in Ireland - where most gigs are already massively over-priced and on a Tuesday night!

OK tickets look legit, fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Can you see anywhere that ID would be checked?

I was checked going into Noel Gallagher. But they were my tickets

If it mentions ID is required to match the name on the ticket, I'd be cautious... If not, the ticket itself is legit but viagogo themselves are nothing but corporate touts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Rezident wrote: »
    Ok grand, thanks for the replies. I thought it was the official ticket site, until I got the end! It is deceptive.

Seems they pay Google to get higher search results and charge an insane markup, just what we needed in Ireland - where most gigs are already massively over-priced and on a Tuesday night!

OK tickets look legit, fingers crossed.

I should probably have been a bit clearer. Chances are that your tickets are indeed valid and you'll just be able to go enjoy the gig.

It's just that Viagogo's business practices aren't great and more and more people are catching on and complaining. A lot of these secondary ticket sites are being used by touts and the sites themselves seem to be doing very little to do anything about it. Understandably perhaps as it would undermine their business model.

Ed Sheeran and a few others are working on systems to just completely cut out this type of stuff http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-44251887

Hope it does all work out for you though and you get a nice evening out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

They're generally legit tickets just over face value. Sometimes you can get tickets cheaper if it's not sold out and near to the event.

Did you overpay?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭xlogo

Rezident wrote:

Did you get your tickets or how did it work out in the end?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

It's a tout site. Best avoided.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement