Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going rates for tyre repair?

Options
  • 29-05-2018 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere in cork for tyre repair?

Also what's the going rate for a repair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Personally? I wouldn't repair the tyre. Replace it. To repair is far too risky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

2010RACHEL wrote: »
    Hi wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere in cork for tyre repair?

Also what's the going rate for a repair?

What kind of repair? Hard to help you otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Personally? I wouldn't repair the tyre. Replace it. To repair is far too risky

I'd go with this option.

Without trying to sound condescending, tyres are probably the most important item on the car and the only thing keeping you on the road.

I wouldnt cheap out on them for repairs or part worn tyres, you dont have to spend hundreds either.

Depending on size, you should be able to get a very decent tyre for about €80-100, fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Banks in Turners Cross.

They are lovely to deal with and I got a new tyre fitted by them recently, it was €75.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

We've become such a disposable society that people don't even fix punctures anymore?
    That's insane.
    If it's a simple puncture, any tyre place will fix it in minutes for less than €10.
    If it's quick and easily found, some won't charge anything.
    How long has "don't fix punctures - it's not safe" been a thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

If it's a puncture, that's one thing. I've had punctures fixed. And yes, the cost was only E10. The OP did not specify what type of repair she wanted. Nor did she specify what type of tyre.

I gave advice based on the scant info in the OP.

Advertisement