Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignorant Git - AirCoach 171-D-2634 May 29th 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

dave98 wrote: »
    OP, you really have a lot to worry about.

Thank you for your concern Dave, it's misplaced as I'm not worried at all but nevertheless much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

Life is too short dude, let it go. You don’t want to become known as the dashcam wanker !!

s8n wrote: »
    Life is too short dude, let it go. You don’t want to become known as the dashcam wanker !!

AirCoach driver bullies his way along the road breaking red lights etc and I'm the wanker for calling him out. Wouldn't the world be a much better place if we all just rolled over and let people bully us or we allowed ourselves to be intimidated by some keyboard warrior threatening to call us names. Oooh, I'm sooooooo scared.

Love it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭soundman45

selous wrote: »
    Them and the green bus' don't do ROTR, they're a joy to behold on the M7-N7, middle lane, right lane, rarely the left lane at all, till they're taking the left turn into Naas North.....then swing back into the right lane to enter the M7 (just to skip the traffic) as for the 80kmh speed limit for a coach, i've done 110 and still don't catch them, (when traffic is good)
    Buses can legally travel at up to 100kph

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

selous wrote: »
    Them and the green bus' don't do ROTR, they're a joy to behold on the M7-N7, middle lane, right lane, rarely the left lane at all, till they're taking the left turn into Naas North.....then swing back into the right lane to enter the M7 (just to skip the traffic) as for the 80kmh speed limit for a coach, i've done 110 and still don't catch them, (when traffic is good)

Just for clarification the speed limit for a coach is 100 kph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭soundman45

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Genuinely interested , why is this annoying you so much? I see a lot worse on the road. Those drivers are on slightly above minimum wage and under fierce pressure for time schedules. I’m not saying that’s an excuse but think carefully. Do you potentially want to cost this driver his job because it gets on your tits? I’d say something if he was driving recklessly.
    I know of a driver that got let go from another private bus operator for failing to make the schedules. I think it’s bad form identifying the driver in the way you have. Just my opinion
    Can you back up the statement about minimum wage. Aircoach definitely do not pay anything near minimum wage and expect better from drivers. This driver was just being a muppet and deserves to be reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Genuinely interested , why is this annoying you so much? I see a lot worse on the road. Those drivers are on slightly above minimum wage and under fierce pressure for time schedules. I’m not saying that’s an excuse but think carefully. Do you potentially want to cost this driver his job because it gets on your tits? I’d say something if he was driving recklessly.
    I know of a driver that got let go from another private bus operator for failing to make the schedules. I think it’s bad form identifying the driver in the way you have. Just my opinion

As sure as night follows day, when someone acts like an ignorant prick in this country there's going to be someone else making excuses for them and underplaying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

It's how many seconds of your life? I'm all in favour of prioritising buses. There could be 10 people on that bus to just 1 in a car.

I have no problem prioritising buses - this is not that, its an illegal manuver as the bus is in a left turn lane only. Its a danger and also its pure bullying. Aircoach also does this trick while going over beckett bridge from south to north.

They drive over the hatched lines to get into the left turn lane only and then drive to the end whereby they pull and bully across to go straight over towards guild street.

Regarding dont waste your time on this, I believe that every once in a while people should put others back in line if only to ensure we dont all break into a free for all.

If all other drivers refused to let vehicles who skip or push in illegally then this wouldnt happen as often, as now its multiple times a day occurence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I see buses of all types do this on a daily basis, they try to bully their way into lanes because they are much bigger than other vehicles. It is not really appropriate. They feel a sense of entitlement as they drive all day long, sorry but that is not how the rules of the road work lads.

It is correct for OP the report this kind of behaviour, the driver of this Aircoach is a "professional" and should act like one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

You've called him a dashcam wanker (or at least threatened that it will become his known name). You should be calling the bus driver a bus wanker :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

If all other drivers refused to let vehicles who skip or push in illegally then this wouldnt happen as often, as now its multiple times a day occurence.

This x100. Sunday past I watched a black jeep pull out of a line of traffic into a right turn only lane, drive right up the outside and then bang on his left indicator. Gave me great pleasure to not let him in and then see the right turn light go green and him getting blared out of it....he had to turn right as he couldn't get in to the lane he wanted to push in to!! Small victory!!

You've called him a dashcam wanker (or at least threatened that it will become his known name).

I know, imagine the pain and suffering I'm going to have to endure as a result of being called a derogatory name by complete strangers on the interweb of all places!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Julez wrote: »
    Is there a stop in the left hand lane by any chance? I think there might be before the Luas tracks. Maybe he was stuck on that side to some extent? Not the worst offence of bad driving I've seen/see on a daily basis.
    BenEadir wrote: »
    Nope. At the first junction the left lane was exclusively for turning left but he stopped all traffic behind him whilst he cut into the right turning lane and at the 2nd junction the left hand lane is exclusively straight ahead and once again he stopped traffic in his (straight ahead lane) whilst he bullied his way into the lane turning right and he did so whilst breaking a red light.

There is no ambiguity.
    BTW, just for context, this isn't the first time I've seen this happen with an AirCoach. I've previously (more than once) seen them cut dien the left lane along by the Luas stops and then cut right at the top.

The first junction manoeuvre was a new one on me today and motivated me to figure out how to extract and splice the dashcam video so I'll be able to capture any other instances of such behaviour going forward as I drive around that area several times every day.

According to Google there is a stop before his last cut in, he'd have no option but get into the right lane or turn at the lights, as to the first cut in at the lights was heavy traffic preventing him getting into the lane earlier? As you said
    The first junction manoeuvre was a new one on me today and motivated me to figure out how to extract and splice the dashcam video so I'll be able to capture any other instances of such behaviour going forward as I drive around that area several times every day

35jw095.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Spook_ie wrote: »
    According to Google there is a stop before his last cut in, he'd have no option but get into the right lane or turn at the lights, as to the first cut in at the lights was heavy traffic preventing him getting into the lane earlier? As you said

35jw095.png

That stop is on a different road. The second part of the OP's video takes place on the perpendicular road on the right of the screenshot above (Blackthorn Ave).

The first part takes place on a road that would be on the left of the screen. It's right turn (where he cuts in the first time) onto Blackthorn Road, down past the buildings to the stop , left turn at the end onto Blackthorn Ave , and then right further down where he cuts in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

As sure as night follows day, when someone acts like an ignorant prick in this country there's going to be someone else making excuses for them and underplaying it.
    Well, in fairness, he/she did say in their opening post that they'd 'like to get the thoughts of users in a relevant forum'.
    ... I guess I'd like to get the thoughts of users in a relevant forum ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    That stop is on a different road. The second part of the OP's video takes place on the perpendicular road on the right of the screenshot above (Blackthorn Ave).

The first part takes place on a road that would be on the left of the screen. It's right turn (where he cuts in the first time) onto Blackthorn Road, down past the buildings to the stop , left turn at the end onto Blackthorn Ave , and then right further down where he cuts in again.

In that case he's just being a dick then

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

You are 100% correct.

Spook_ie wrote: »
    In that case he's just being a dick then

And so are you :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i suspect that was a reference to the bus driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Nothing major imo, ok I'll give u turning right in a left turn only lane is wrong.
    (btw didnt like the u slowed down on right turn exit...maybe trying to slow bus driver...?)

2nd clip
    left inside lane was faster, u were in slower lane, nothing wrong with efficient time saving driving.

both minor..ish, 2nd is nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

2nd clip
    left inside lane was faster, u were in slower lane, nothing wrong with efficient time saving driving.

both minor..ish, 2nd is nothing.

Wrong (and you can see it on the map above - very top right of the pic). The left lane is straight ahead only.. driver is being an ignorant tool (twice!) because he's driving a bigger vehicle and thinks that lane discipline and queuing doesn't apply to him.

I know that area very well myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

I’m not condoning his driving but from my prepespective driving a truck in the city maybe he needed to be in the left lane to have enough room to swing around to the right. These buses have big from and rear over swings. Sometimes when I’m coming to junctions like this I have to take the middle of both lanes to get the right swing so as one not to cut the corner and 2 that I don’t end up mounting foot paths due to not having enough lock in the steering.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I’m not condoning his driving but from my prepespective driving a truck in the city maybe he needed to be in the left lane to have enough room to swing around to the right...
    When I drove buses and trucks and was faced with a tight junction which was not doable from the designated lane, the normal procedure was to approach it in the correct lane and then encroach into the other lane just before the turn to make the turn - i.e. in this scenario, if that junction is tight, the Aircoach driver should have approached the junction in the right hand lane and then straddled both lanes just before the turn (if safe to do so) to make the turn.

By approaching on the right hand lane and then straddling both lanes, the Aircoach driver is much less likely to find a small vehicle squeezing up on his/her inside.

(BTW - I'm not familiar with the junction in question so if it is wide enough to make the turn within the lane, please disregard the above).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,436 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

ravima wrote: »
    GDPR breach in that other reg no's are visible???

Check out a few cars next time you are near a road, you might see something interesting...

And so are you :-)

Oops, I see how this reads now.

I meant "and so are you" as in my immediately preceding post being "you are 100:correct"

Apologies for any offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

There is a stop in Burton hall road and in blackthorn road....not sure what you expect them to do here?

I also didn't see any bullying, he indicated and waited to be let in?

AirCoach driver bullies his way along the road breaking red lights etc and I'm the wanker for calling him out. Wouldn't the world be a much better place if we all just rolled over and let people bully us or we allowed ourselves to be intimidated by some keyboard warrior threatening to call us names. Oooh, I'm sooooooo scared.

Love it :-)

Do you love it though really ??
    I doubt it.

Some people use sarcasm as a defence mechanism...

Do you love it though really ??
    I doubt it.

Some people use sarcasm as a defence mechanism...

And some people pretend to be amateur psychiatrists. :-)

I never claimed to be !!!!!

Play the ball not the man next time ?!

• Advertisement

I never claimed to be !!!!!

Play the ball not the man next time ?!

Good comeback, it's a fair cop.
    And some people pretend to be amateur psychiatrists mind readers. :-)

Fixed it for ya.

Happy?

Advertisement