Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you do a German Jc postcard?!! HL

Options
  • 29-05-2018 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My German teacher is great but unfortunately she never ever taught us about the postcards. I have a few questions.

Do you do a postcard format with address and stamp etc?
    If your writing to somewhere outside German eg Ireland do you write the address in English?

Other than that I’m ok. I really hope someone answers though :(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

AFAIK they are only looking for the text, but if you have time afterwards to draw a postcard and stamp round it you won't lose marks.

If you are sending post from Ireland to Germany, you are dealing first with Irish staff, so you write Germany as the country's name. The rest of the address will be dealt with by German staff so should be in German.
    Likewise, from Germany to Ireland you would write Irland as the country name.
    Of course in the real world, post office staff and machines can recognise different language versions of country names.

Notes on postcards

Advertisement