Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising an apartment for rent advice

Options
  • 29-05-2018 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I have a spare bed that I want to advertise however looking on Daft, Myhome, etc - all listings are advertised by property agents. Not sure if I'm looking in the right place or not but I can't find a single example where an individual is advertising the property for rent. Is it typical to go through an agent instead of advertising direct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dennyk

Many landlords renting out entire properties go through an agent to simplify the process on their end and sometimes to avail of services the agent may offer (vetting tenants, preparing and showing the property for absentee landlords, collecting taxes for overseas landlords, etc.), but if you're just renting out a room in your own house to a licensee, things are much simpler and you can just handle it yourself easily enough (and you'll likely want to be dealing directly with your potential housemate to get a feel for them anyway, since you'll be living with them). There's plenty of self-listed shares on Daft as it is, and I believe there's even a free option for house share listings as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Make sure you are looking in the 'sharing' section on Daft.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

DeLaTroY wrote: »
    I have a spare bed that I want to advertise however looking on Daft, Myhome, etc - all listings are advertised by property agents. Not sure if I'm looking in the right place or not but I can't find a single example where an individual is advertising the property for rent. Is it typical to go through an agent instead of advertising direct?

There is a big difference between renting out a spare room and an entire property. Many landlords are now advertising on facebook because it is free. Agents get a block deal on DAFt etc. Sharing is free on DAFt.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DeLaTroY

Make sure you are looking in the 'sharing' section on Daft.ie

Thank you this was it :)

Advertisement