Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which telescope should I buy?

Options
  • 29-05-2018 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi there I'm stuck between buying the celestron power seeker 127 eq telescope and the celestron 114 az Newtonian telescope can someone please advise me which scope I should get? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭allinthehead

lauraww wrote: »
    Hi there I'm stuck between buying the celestron power seeker 127 eq telescope and the celestron 114 az Newtonian telescope can someone please advise me which scope I should get? Thank you

Hi. You should give Ktec Telescopes a call. They're very helpful.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

in case you missed the sticky in this forum...

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055203633/1

My own advice is that Generally speaking, bigger is better in terms of the main mirror diameter. Once you start you’ll always want a bigger mirror. So buy as big as your budget will allow. It’s the difference between looking at a standard definition 55 inch tv, versus 1080 HD versus 4K UHD. Images are crisper and will show more detail (not necessarily bigger) with a larger mirror because more light is being gathered.

That’s very generally speaking though.
    Muppet man

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Get a big dobsonian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

hahaha...{rant on [sarcasm on] make sure that with that big telly you get a nice set of curtains...as with the big telescopes, you will need "something" either to cover the moon' light OR to cover yourself from rain... weather is a big no for us,around here... [sarcasm off] rant off}

Advertisement