Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fruit picking

Options
  • 29-05-2018 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

A friend was advertising a fruit farm he found where he could pick the fruit & veg himself! I think it's a great idea! But was wondering if this is existing close to cork city or anywhere in the south.

I found this threat from 2010 bit not sure if the listed businesses are still existing :
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055927988

Anyone know something on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 AidanMike

AidanMike wrote: »
    A friend was advertising a fruit farm he found where he could pick the fruit & veg himself! I think it's a great idea! But was wondering if this is existing close to cork city or anywhere in the south.

I found this threat from 2010 bit not sure if the listed businesses are still existing :

So far I only got discontinued numbers and closed down business :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 heyitsfranklin

I'd love to do this as well. I'm subscribed to this thread so please do share any information you find :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

AidanMike wrote: »

Hey,

Sadly these were hit by a hike in Public Liability insurance; members of the public roaming on a farm & the insurers went to town, also an element of unprofitability (one for me one for the bucket) & crop damage, but mainly insurance costs.

Unfortunately there are none down this way, in fact there are only two farms in the whole of the Republic that I know of that still do PYO and both a good drive - one in Dublin and one in Laois.

If you are still up for it:

Lambert’s Fruit Farm in Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin is your best bet (01-4939896 - phone before you visit). lovely farm very friendly and great produce.

Derryvilla Blueberry Farm in Portarlington (087-2466643) - not always open, depends on if they have excess crop, but only open to adults, not children.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 44 AidanMike

The further I check and the more I'm disappointed ! Thanks for the links @Beer Enigma, It's indeed a long way for both, but good to know if we plan some outing for a week-end.

@heyitsfranklin: I'll post if I find anything else feel free to do the same if you do :-)

Advertisement