Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhoneWatch Concord Box keeps beeping - How do I kill it for good?

Options
  • 30-05-2018 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a concord box that keeps beeping due to 'Phone Failure Trouble." It seems to want to do a test call to Eir, but there's no account as it's a house I just bought. I was told be Eir to call an electrician and get them to do it. That's not an option right now. I've hit the Star button and got the status of the error and the beeps have stopped temporarily.

Can I just shut this down and stop it altogether? I don't want it going off again or beeping again. I've had a situation with the outside box going off non stop for two days when I moved in and they refused to help as the old owners still had an account. That account has now lapsed.
    I have the user code, but no account details or engineering code for it. My one year old is unwell and all this beeping is not helping any of us. Can anyone advise what to do on this that ideally won't cost me 200 quid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Open cover of panel , if you feel your ok with electrics there should be a fusespur like a single socket size. In the centre it will say fuse pop out fuse. Take one lead of battery and that will kill panel if thats what you what to do.

The spur should be beside the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,
    I have a concord box that keeps beeping due to 'Phone Failure Trouble." It seems to want to do a test call to Eir, but there's no account as it's a house I just bought. I was told be Eir to call an electrician and get them to do it. That's not an option right now. I've hit the Star button and got the status of the error and the beeps have stopped temporarily.

Can I just shut this down and stop it altogether? I don't want it going off again or beeping again. I've had a situation with the outside box going off non stop for two days when I moved in and they refused to help as the old owners still had an account. That account has now lapsed.
    I have the user code, but no account details or engineering code for it. My one year old is unwell and all this beeping is not helping any of us. Can anyone advise what to do on this that ideally won't cost me 200 quid?

Without the engineer code you cant delete the numbers or test call that would be programmed into the system. You could request this code off P.W. as current owner of the property. Other than that any good engineer should be able to default and reprogram that system for you.

I sent you a post earlier today how to power down your system. Take fuse out of spur near panel. Open panel and take 1 lead of battery. Close back up panel.

One of the better systems P.W. used so to just down power it and leave it is a waste.

OP, Id suggest asking P.W. for a waiver form and getting the code to use the alarm system.

Should not cost you anything only a phone call either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Thanks everyone I'll power it down then take it out the back and smash it good. I've never ever had such a terrible costumer experience in my life I'd rather my house get robbed then give them a penny. My neighbors hate me and my baby is all ****ed up from lack of sleep.

Thanks everyone I'll power it down then take it out the back and smash it good. I've never ever had such a terrible costumer experience in my life I'd rather my house get robbed then give them a penny. My neighbors hate me and my baby is all ****ed up from lack of sleep.

You are not the only one feeling that pain.

Best advise would be to power it down and have some other installer look at it for you. Unfortunately P.W. dont want to deal with anyone unless their system is monitored. One of the better systems they used.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 zborisha

Hi,

so I have the same problem and I just want the noise to stop at this point.

I have phonewatch with Concord panel installed in 2007. System is not monitored.

There is a fuse box above the panel and when I take the fuse out panel is dead (I guess this means that internal battery is dead as well?).

But then external alarm starts beeping (the one above the main door on the wall).

So, not sure what to do. Can anyone help please?

thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Remove the mains power as you did and disconnect the back up battery to be sure.
    The external bell should stop ringing in about 20 minutes. That will be it powered down totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 zborisha

KoolKid wrote: »
    Remove the mains power as you did and disconnect the back up battery to be sure.
    The external bell should stop ringing in about 20 minutes. That will be it powered down totally.

thank you

• Advertisement

zborisha wrote: »
    Hi,

so I have the same problem and I just want the noise to stop at this point.

I have phonewatch with Concord panel installed in 2007. System is not monitored.

There is a fuse box above the panel and when I take the fuse out panel is dead (I guess this means that internal battery is dead as well?).

But then external alarm starts beeping (the one above the main door on the wall).

So, not sure what to do. Can anyone help please?

thanks

What's the issue you are having?
    Press the star key and put in your user code, should run through a list of what's up.

Advertisement