Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Install stove with back boiler

Options
  • 30-05-2018 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Looking for advice, recently purchased a property in need of renovations. Approx 170 Sq/M Bungalow.

I plan on removing the fireplace and replacing with a Stove and back boiler and looking for advise on the plumbing of the stove. The house has approx 13 radiators and has oil fired central heating. I plan on converting the attic next year so will need approx 4 more radiators to heat another 80 Sq/M.

What KW Stove would be suitable for this? Also the plumbing of the stove, should there be 2 copper pipes running to it or 4? I ask this as I will be renovating the Room before Stove is installed and will like to run the copper pipes under the floor and into the hall before fitting a new floor. Would anyone have advice on this?

I will be getting a plumber to install the Stove, but just to have the pipe in place before that stage would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Looking for advice, recently purchased a property in need of renovations. Approx 170 Sq/M Bungalow.

I plan on removing the fireplace and replacing with a Stove and back boiler and looking for advise on the plumbing of the stove. The house has approx 13 radiators and has oil fired central heating. I plan on converting the attic next year so will need approx 4 more radiators to heat another 80 Sq/M.

What KW Stove would be suitable for this? Also the plumbing of the stove, should there be 2 copper pipes running to it or 4? I ask this as I will be renovating the Room before Stove is installed and will like to run the copper pipes under the floor and into the hall before fitting a new floor. Would anyone have advice on this?

I will be getting a plumber to install the Stove, but just to have the pipe in place before that stage would be helpful.

Running the pipes before you have the stove measurements is a bad idea. 4 pipes is fine. 2 must be gravity circuit and 2 pumped. But a site visit by a plumber is the only way to know if this is suitable to be honest

Advertisement