Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC QUIZ: Can you name all the World Cup golden boot winners since 1966 in 3 minutes?

• 30-05-2018 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

BBC quiz asking you to name all the WC golden boot winners since 1966!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43871219

Be warned, an incorrect spelling will be an incorrect answer. I would have gotten all 14, but I kept spelling some of the names wrong eating up too much time, I eventually used google to get the correct spellings (note I wasn't using google to check who the actual top scorers were though!). I ended up getting 11/14, but if I had used google earlier as a spellchecker I reckon I would have gotten all 14.

1974 World Cup is likely the toughest one to get, so anyone who gets that (without cheating! :D) very well played to you! 'Nicknames' are not accepted and you need to full surname *cough*2014*cough* (which I didn't realise and lost more time with).

94 might also be quite tricky since the footballer was not exactly a household name.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭bot43

NO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

10/14, but I can picture one of the 94 winners, an unlikely team too. Got a big transfer out of it from memory and never matched it.

74, 94, 14 missing. I'm guessing 74 is Dutch..
    I spent too long trying various spellings of Rensenbrink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

14/14

Knew the 1974 one, but had to think about the 2014 one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Missed three. Surprised Pele never won one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Did terrible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Missed 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

9/14. Didn't even get the 2014 one.

Mind just went blank and kept thinking of answers I'd already given.

Advertisement