Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon News (Let's Go / Quest / Switch Game 2019)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Smertrius wrote: »
    i have mew now

Do you? Or does Mew have you? Because Mew didn't just take a €50 euro bath on a game that lets him pretend Smertrius is sitting on his head while he perambulates
    #TheHatFallacy

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

Banjo wrote: »
    Do you? Or does Mew have you? Because Mew didn't just take a €50 euro bath on a game that lets him pretend Smertrius is sitting on his head while he perambulates
    #TheHatFallacy

You can't legitimately catch a Mew in Pokemon Red, Blue or Yellow. Mew never appeared in Red, Blue or Yellow.

So have chance to get mew is great opportunity.

really this is 1st time chance ever to catch pokemon rpg to catch mew in generation 1 game

mew never in pokemon games until
    Pokémon XD: Gale of Darknes gamecube 2005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got this last week.

To be fair it's not the worst or not the best pokemon game i have played but I am glued to it since I got it so that's a good thing.

I have 4 badges so far and should have my 5th by tommarow.

But to me was worth the 2 game trade in offer in gamestop

pokemon lets go pikachu and eevee on nintendo switch are the 1st ever pokemon rpg game to feature pokemon mew because You can't legitimately catch a Mew in Pokemon Red, Blue or Yellow. ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Smertrius wrote: »
    pokemon lets go pikachu and eevee on nintendo switch are the 1st ever pokemon rpg game to feature pokemon mew because You can't legitimately catch a Mew in Pokemon Red, Blue or Yellow. ....

First ever Gen 1 maybe (wait... Fire red ?) But there were plenty of legit gift Mews since

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    First ever Gen 1 maybe (wait... Fire red ?) But there were plenty of legit gift Mews since

find a friend with Mew. Trading for Mew is the only legitimate way to obtain a Mew in FireRed anymore. Mew is an Event Pokémon, and was only available during a single event in 2006.
    • There is a glitch that people claim will work to find Mew, but this only works in the original Pokémon games. It does not work in Fire Red.
    mew was only available pokemon dark gales gamecube 2005 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mew is one of the fictional species of creatures from Nintendo's and Game Freak's Pokémon media franchise created by Satoshi Tajiri. Mew is a small, pink, Psychic-type Mythical Pokémon. It was added to Pokémon Red and Blue by its creator, Game Freak programmer Shigeki Morimoto, as a secret character. As such, its presence has been surrounded by rumors and myths, which contributed to making the Pokémon franchise a success. For years, Mew could not be legitimately obtained in the games except from Pokémon distribution events.

Oh sorry. I thought we were posting as if we were wiki's now. Never mind me. :p

You can't legitimately catch a Mew in Pokemon Red, Blue or Yellow. ....

i copied that from google if i am wrong don't blame me , blame google

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You're not wrong, you couldn't catch a legitimate Mew in Blue/Red/Yellow (or Green), but it was available at Pokemon events where it was given as a gift, so you could get Mew in the first gen games.

You could catch Mew via a certain series of steps though, which is essentially glitching the game into spawning a wild Lv. 7 Mew:
    https://www.azurilland.com/red-blue-yellow/guide-to-mew-glitch-in-red-blue-and-yellow-version

Advertisement