Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings Account Branch

Options
  • 30-05-2018 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,

I opened a savings account online (Mortgage Saver) with BOI and it asked me what branch I would like.  I picked my own branch for convenience (where my current a/c is) – I just received a message and my account has been opened in a different branch with sort code: 90-19-33.  I looked this up and it appears this is ICS, New Century House, IFSC, Dublin 1.

Why can I not have this account in the same branch as my current account?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

To check why the account wasn't linked to the branch your preferred branch, please send an Ask a Question message from the Service Desk on 365. You can transact on the account in any ROI branch with photo id so this won't restrict or limit the account in anyway.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 14 An Scoil Dlí

Hi there,

To check why the account wasn't linked to the branch your preferred branch, please send an Ask a Question message from the Service Desk on 365. You can transact on the account in any ROI branch with photo id so this won't restrict or limit the account in anyway.

Thanks
    Tara

Hello Tara,

Thanks for the reply.

Just one other quick question - if I need to withdraw money from this a/c do I send a request to the service desk as I cannot seem to have this facility to transfer myself - I can only see my other accounts listed in the transfer from / to drop-down.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi there,

Thanks
    Tara

Hello Tara,

Thanks for the reply.

Just one other quick question - if I need to withdraw money from this a/c do I send a request to the service desk as I cannot seem to have this facility to transfer myself - I can only see my other accounts listed in the transfer from / to drop-down.

Thanks.

You can add the savings account to your profile through the "Add your account or Policy" option within the "Manage accounts" tab so you can then see the balance and request a withdrawal from the account. In the mean time you can request a withdrawal through the "Ask a question" section as well.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 An Scoil Dlí

Hi there,

Thanks
    Tara

Hello Tara,

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks.

You can add the savings account to your profile through the "Add your account or Policy" option within the "Manage accounts" tab so you can then see the balance and request a withdrawal from the account. In the mean time you can request a withdrawal through the "Ask a question" section as well.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

The account is visible on 365 Online.  I added this already but what I mean is that there is no option to transfer from.  This account does not appear in the drop down menu even though I can see it on the "main page"  It just shows a balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi there,

Thanks
    Tara

Hello Tara,

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

The account is visible on 365 Online.  I added this already but what I mean is that there is no option to transfer from.  This account does not appear in the drop down menu even though I can see it on the "main page"  It just shows a balance.

The option to withdraw from this account online should be given on the home page on your 365 online profile (once you log in through the main website). There should be an option on the left hand side of the home screen beside the balance of the savings account that says withdraw funds.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement
Advertisement