Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018-19 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Shocking that the CL hasn't got VAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Sure anything can look bad in a still. I've seen the footage and there's nothing in it. If a ref wanted to be really fussy they could book him for being petulant but I think a strong ref tells both of them to stop acting the eejit and get on with the game.

Lol, he's clearly clawing at his head. The footage doesn't look bad because you can't see close enough to see this. It won't be rescinded, trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lol, he's clearly clawing at his head. The footage doesn't look bad because you can't see close enough to see this. It won't be rescinded, trust me.

Clawing at his head? Now I know you're pulling my leg. :pac:

My mate got me in a playful headlock at the weekend. To an outside observer this might look like some good-natured fun, but if you look at a still photo of it you can clearly see he's committing GBH on my person!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Clawing at his head? Now I know you're pulling my leg. :pac:

My mate got me in a playful headlock at the weekend. To an outside observer this might look like some good-natured fun, but if you look at a still photo of it you can clearly see he's committing GBH on my person!

It's clear as day.

https://streamable.com/csuzg

You say it will be rescinded. I say it won't be. We'll see who's right.

Good luck to you and your mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Souness is tiresome to listen to.

He is obsessed with Pogba. Every opportunity to take a dig at him. Impressed with Tommy Martin more or less telling him to cop himself on

• Souness is tiresome to listen to.

He is obsessed with Pogba. Every opportunity to take a dig at him. Impressed with Tommy Martin more or less telling him to cop himself on

https://twitter.com/PunditDunphy/status/1042520689234915329?s=19

• He literally said Pogba sees football as a joke

His saltiness is comical

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Ronaldos red card :pac::pac::pac:
    What a joke of a card, the player was clearly angry that Ronaldo said something to him nothing to do with anything else
    I'll give the ref the benefit of the doubt, but that clown behind the goal should never be let near a CL game again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Just saw the extra angles of Ronaldo's red card. Scandalous decision and should be rescinded if it was for patting his head. The tussling beforehand could be argued that both players maybe needed a talking to but the officials got that badly wrong.

The other player should be ashamed of himself for such a overreaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

There is an irony in a harsh red card for Juve in Europe when one of their players only gets a 4 match ban in Serie A for elbowing, headbutting and spitting in a players mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

ERG89 wrote: »
    There is an irony in a harsh red card for Juve in Europe

Also for Ronaldo after he sailed so close to the wind v Iran in the World Cup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

ERG89 wrote: »
    There is an irony in a harsh red card for Juve in Europe when one of their players only gets a 4 match ban in Serie A for elbowing, headbutting and spitting in a players mouth.

Is that all he got :eek:
    Was spitting in his face, elbowing him then headbutting the guy not enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

irishman86 wrote: »
    Is that all he got :eek:
    Was spitting in his face, elbowing him then headbutting the guy not enough

And then he came on last night. I know it's a different competition but with infractions so serious like costa's I wouldn't mind seeing him banned from all competitions for a while. Anyways on a plus side for Juve, Bernadeschi was good last night and seems to have finally broke into the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

nothing new, every single year Juve gets robbed in the Champions League, one way or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

TripleAce wrote: »
    nothing new, every single year Juve gets robbed in the Champions League, one way or another.

Apart from the year where they got a pen for a foul outside the box that won them the cup, but then that final should never have been played that night.

Same Game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Dempsey wrote: »

The other player should be ashamed of himself for such a overreaction.

Definitely wasn't a red but there's an irony in the other players overreaction - Ronaldo has done it himself plenty of times

Apart from the year where they got a pen for a foul outside the box that won them the cup, but then that final should never have been played that night.

Same Game

The fact that you have to dig back 33 years to find an episode in favour of Juve just confirms how many times they got scammed since, starting from the two finals vs Borussia Dortmund and Real in the 90s and ending with the robberies in the last 4 CL every single year.
    Quite obvious that UEFA has already decided that a Spanish team will have to win again this year, just waiting to see how much dirt can Real and Barca do in the knock out stages this year again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Same Game

I think he is talking about more recent times than 33 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No team has won the CL after losing their opening group match.

So Pep and City can forget about the CL for another year. :o

• Advertisement

Apparently the kids no longer actually watch whole games.

Emptyhad yet again.
    ricero wrote: »
    Shocking to see and I heard city were basically given tickets away for their home group games.

40,111 in the stadium last night.

I cant imagine any other English side would have roughly 27% less than capacity on a CL night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

GavRedKing wrote: »
    40,111 in the stadium last night.

I cant imagine any other English side would have roughly 27% less than capacity on a CL night.

That’s what happens when City games clash with Coronation Street. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

How is calling a stadium a slang name like Emptyhad allowed but saying Chelski etc isn't?

Tbf if I was a City fan and lived there I wish it was half empty, be a lot easier to get tickets :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

How is calling a stadium a slang name like Emptyhad allowed but saying Chelski etc isn't?

Thee aren't enough Man City fans on here to whinge about it. "Maureen" was banned a few years ago because Chelsea fans complained about. Moan about a word enough and the mods will pander.

Tbf if I was a City fan and lived there I wish it was half empty, be a lot easier to get tickets :pac:

Even if I wasnt a City fan and lived/worked in Manchester I'd get a Season Ticket.
    Thee aren't enough Man City fans on here to whinge about it. "Maureen" was banned a few years ago because Chelsea fans complained about. Moan about a word enough and the mods will pander.

AFAIR, it all stemmed from people online, not necessarily here, calling Brendan Rodgers "Brenda" and then the wittiness moved over to Jose and Maureen.

Edit : Just done a search, there was 42 mentions on Brenda in the forum and over 200 of Maureen and some of them in the last few months. :o

1985 = 33 years ago, right? In "recent times" Juve has been scammed over year after year.

• Advertisement

The fact that you have to dig back 33 years to find an episode in favour of Juve just confirms how many times they got scammed since, starting from the two finals vs Borussia Dortmund and Real in the 90s and ending with the robberies in the last 4 CL every single year.
    Quite obvious that UEFA has already decided that a Spanish team will have to win again this year, just waiting to see how much dirt can Real and Barca do in the knock out stages this year again.

Sorry i don't keep up with what happens with Juve every season i just remember that as it was pretty stand out moment in the history of football

VAR confirmed for next season for the whole competition

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Match Day 2
    Tuesday - 17:55
    Group F

Hoffenheim (GER) V Manchester City (ENG) - Live on BT Sport 3 / VM 1

Group H
    Juventus (ITA) V Young Boys (SUI) - Live on BT Sport 1

20:00
    Group E

AEK Athens (GRE) V Benfica (POR) - Live on BT Sport Extra 5
    Bayern München (GER) V Ajax (NED) - Live on BT Sport ESPN

Group F
    Lyon (FRA) V Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) - Live on BT Sport 3

Group G
    CSKA Moskva (RUS) V Real Madrid (ESP) - Live on BT Sport Extra 2
    Roma (ITA) V Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) - Live on BT Sport Extra 4

Group H
    Manchester United (ENG) V Valencia (ESP) - Live on BT Sport 2 / RTE 2

Wednesday Games
    17:55
    Group C

Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) V Crvena zvezda (SRB) - Live on BT Sport 1

Group D
    Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS) V Schalke (GER) - Live on BT Sport ESPN

20:00
    Group A

Atlético Madrid (ESP) V Club Brugge (BEL) - Live on BT Sport Extra 3
    Borussia Dortmund (GER) V Monaco (FRA) - Live on BT Sport Extra 2

Group B
    PSV Eindhoven (NED) V Internazionale Milano (ITA) - Live on BT Sport ESPN
    Tottenham Hotspur (ENG) V Barcelona (ESP) - Live on BT Sport 2

Group C
    Napoli (ITA) V Liverpool (ENG) - Live on BT Sport 3

Group D
    Porto (POR) V Galatasaray (TUR) - Live on BT Sport Extra 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Seems a bit unfair on CSKA and AEK fans that their matches are in the 8pm slot. Don’t see why they couldn’t have been in the earlier kickoffs instead of Juve and Hoffenheim who are two time zones behind.

• Advertisement

Hoffenheim XI: Baumann, Akpoguma, Hoogma, Posch, Kaderabek, Grillitsch, Demirbay, Brenet, Joelinton, Belfodil, Szalai.

Man City XI: Ederson; Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, Laporte; Fernandinho; Sane, Gundogan, David Silva, Sterling; Aguero.

Grillitsch has had a strong start to the season and I'm keen to see how he fares against this quality of opposition. Joelinton looks an exciting prospect too. I think this City side has too much for Hoffenheim, however. I can see them getting a lot of joy down the flanks. I'll go for 3-1 City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

No Ronaldo for Juve

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

No Ronaldo for Juve

He's suspended

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Having CL games on RTE and TV3 the same night is just wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Having games at this time though is great.

Commentary anyone?

Hoffenheim lead! Belfodil after a minute. I missed the goal.

Anyone know where that ranks in quickest goals in the comp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Dybala is fechn class, unreal technique. He has the potential to be an even bigger superstar than he is if he adds consistency to his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Maybe if they were on at the same time.

• Advertisement

Thought keeper would come out there, but I guess Sane would have just shot himself

Aguero, what a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mushy wrote: »

Not even top 20 I don't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Mushy wrote:

10.12 secs is the record,Maakay for BM v RM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I think top of the list is Roy Makaay, who scored after about 11 seconds for Bayern against Madrid years ago.

There have probably been a good few faster goals over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Thought keeper would come out there, but I guess Sane would have just shot himself
    I know it wasn't an ideal start for us, but I doubt Leroy would take such drastic action!
    ;)

Liverpool put six past Hoff a year ago so City should win.

Hoffenhiem are terribly lax with the ball.

Been impressed with Demirbay.

No idea how this is only one all! Could be any score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Really enjoyable game so far. Should be more goals in the second half.

Advertisement