Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018-19 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

RTÉ have the utd-psg game

Ah, I see what I did! I was looking at the tv listings https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/listings/television/ and for some bizarre reason they have last weeks listings up still.

That's grand. So a game each game week for both channels again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I dont think VM1 are showing any game this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bump for tonight's games - Damo giving us the insight that there are no easy games in the Premier League just days after City beat Chelsea 6-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Looks a weak PSG team on paper there.

Buffon, Silva & Alves all past their best too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

With the players missing for PSG and the form United are in then United are favourites for this tie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Young lucky there I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

United looking very average and Pogba looking like he can't make an impact. They need a lot of quality players to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Turgid affair so far.

2-1 to Roma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Utd lucky to escape a proper hiding. The Knockout stages of the CL really expose teams not up to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Utd lucky to escape a proper hiding. The Knockout stages of the CL really expose teams not up to it.

Dead right Lloyd. Similar to finals

Dead right Lloyd. Similar to finals

The final in May was a lot closer than this game lad, back in your box there

The final in May was a lot closer than this game lad, back in your box there

Makes no difference to me 'lad' don't support either team.

Just calling you out.

At least Liverpool made the final and with that defence! And beat a full strength PSG at home - just :)

Makes no difference to me 'lad' don't support either team.

Just calling you out.

Oh but it does. I see you. You’re crossing your fingers and toes Liverpool don’t get it done in the league. It means an awful lot to you. But the hate sustains us all.

Tonight’s game has been a contender versus a club barely competent at this level currently. That point stands, no matter what attempts at “calling out” you wish to engage in.

Not sure what the league has to do with this thread.

Anyway I'll leave you to your random rants there.

Have fun

PSG demonstrating their credentials tonight. Quality performance despite missing two star players.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kinda surprised a poor looking PSG team look to have brushed United aside but even with the injuries PSG are a big step up from the usual dross in the Premier League. No Neymar, Cavani, Rabiot in exile, a half fit at best Verratti & a balding Dani Alves playing.
    Less surprised than Zaniolo stepped up for Roma. What a player he's been the last few weeks in a team not exactly flourishing. Hopefully they can get through in the second leg.

If I'm not mistaken PSG have an insane home record in the CL over the past few years?

Can't see United doing much damage there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

PSG demonstrating their credentials tonight. Quality performance despite missing two star players.
    They won that at a stroll, really. Surprised at how easy it was for them. Before the game, I thought utd would get a draw out of them.

1st clean sheet for PSG in 11 CL games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Sorry eh, wtf is this ****?! 5 minute analysis and no highlights of the other game(s) at all now?

Virgin have crushed RTE's post match coverage with the rights deal. It's why they have an hour beforehand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Roma/Porto highlights on VM Sport atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Reality check for United. It'll be interesting to see their response, a bit more pressure on that Chelsea game now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Dzeko very dangerous. Hit the woodwork twice. Porto goal makes it interesting in the second leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Isn't football a funny old game

Ole has been the saviour for the last 6 weeks or more, but he looked like a lost school boy at the end of the game tonight.

Having said that, most of his team looked like wee boys as well.

Psg far better without neymar I think. With Cavani to come back, they'll be a good side.

Verrati better than their entire midfield.

Sanchez awful
    Mata looked like an old boy playing with youngsters. Finished.

Pogba. Well what can you say. Another invisible performance when he's needed. More proof he isn't up to the job. Marked out of the game so easily.

One shot on target apparently, I think it was a driven cross that was off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

BVB v Spurs should be a cracker. The game I've been looking forward to most. The best player in the world, Marco Reus, is out though. Would be good to see him back for the second leg. Think BVB will shade the tie.

Don't care who wins between the fascists and the zionists. Probably prefer to see Ajax win, just for the sake of change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Why was there so much hatred for di Maria from the Utd fans?
    I understand he underperformed whilst at Utd but I can't recall much else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Kust a thing now i guess, Milner hets abuse from city fans aswell

Kust a thing now i guess, Milner hets abuse from city fans aswell

Seemed to be especially vitriolic last night though. Throwing bottles of beer and everything. Unless that was an advertisement for that brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'd imagine the fans booing DiMaria were the same fans who left as soon as they went 2-0 down. Must've been a clearout of 10,000 people or so by the 90th minute.

BVB v Spurs should be a cracker. The game I've been looking forward to most. The best player in the world, Marco Reus, is out though. Would be good to see him back for the second leg. Think BVB will shade the tie.

Don't care who wins between the fascists and the zionists. Probably prefer to see Ajax win, just for the sake of change

That's a weird way to spell Messi.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I don't get it myself. My United supporting friends were calling him a snake and a weasel, but the only explanation I got is he didn't perform.

The funny thing is he started really well, 3 goals and 6 assists in his first 10 league games. Then he got injured and never recovered his form.

The move didn't work out, United made their money back, I don't see the big problem.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Redirected anger, they know that Old Trafford is now a home for overpaid lazy footballers more concerned about hairstyles and clothes lines than football. The fans had a few weeks thinking that those players had decided to earn their wages, that was wonderfully stripped away last night, but they can't really boo their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Redirected anger, they know that Old Trafford is now a home for overpaid lazy footballers more concerned about hairstyles and clothes lines than football. The fans had a few weeks thinking that those players had decided to earn their wages, that was wonderfully stripped away last night, but they can't really boo their own.
    Yeah 10 wins and a draw before last night is a few weeks.
    Honestly you need to try harder, can't see any United fans biting on stupid comments like that.
    I'm not a United fan btw.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah 10 wins and a draw before last night is a few weeks.
    Honestly you need to try harder, can't see any United fans biting on stupid comments like that.
    I'm not a United fan btw.

The draw was Burnley, and know one of the wins was Spurs.

Can't pretend to follow their results, could you clarify what teams were beaten on this run when players on up to half a mill a week convinced you that it is unfair of me to characterise them as lazy and overpaid. I see even fans of the cub concede last night was a wretched performance by them...maybe they want other fans to bite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,634 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Do tv3 or now virgin media still show CL games ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

cjmc wrote: »
    Do tv3 or now virgin media still show CL games ?

Yes, but not on their main stations. The knockout games are on Virgin Media Sport. They had some group games on the normal TV3 and will also show the final there.

• Advertisement

GLaDOS wrote: »
    I don't get it myself. My United supporting friends were calling him a snake and a weasel, but the only explanation I got is he didn't perform.

The funny thing is he started really well, 3 goals and 6 assists in his first 10 league games. Then he got injured and never recovered his form.

The move didn't work out, United made their money back, I don't see the big problem.

He refused to come back for pre season training and forced a move to PSG.

We lost money on the deal I can't remember how much.

Joined for 60m and left for 44.3m and if you consider the write down on the books (about 20% per season typically) it's hardly worth mentioning,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Can't pretend to follow their results, could you clarify what teams were beaten on this run when players on up to half a mill a week convinced you that it is unfair of me to characterise them as lazy and overpaid. I see even fans of the cub concede last night was a wretched performance by them...maybe they want other fans to bite?
    Amazing that you were able to say all you had to say without knowing their results.
    It doesn't matter who they played. The results would put them on contention for winning the league if they kept it up for a full season.

Joined for 60m and left for 44.3m and if you consider the write down on the books (about 20% per season typically) it's hardly worth mentioning,

You follow United a lot closer then me so I'll take your word on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

It was fairly even fpr the first half i thought. Not much between either side. I didnt see the 2nd half though.
    It cant come to a shock to anyone. Psg are one of the top sides in europe and man utd havent had a proper team capable of getting past the champions league quater finals for 6or 7 years at least.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Amazing that you were able to say all you had to say without knowing their results.
    It doesn't matter who they played. The results would put them on contention for winning the league if they kept it up for a full season.

Oh true.

But if they won 2 games in a row, your contention that "the results would put them in contention for winning the league if they kept it up for a full season" would be just as valid. And to think you accused me of "stupid comments"! ;)

Anyway, I see you don't really want to set out the teams they beat in their recent good run. I'll retain my opinion that they are lazy and overpaid based on what preceded that run, and what reappeared last night, you are perfectly entitled to disagree. It's all about opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

eagle eye wrote:
    Yeah 10 wins and a draw before last night is a few weeks. Honestly you need to try harder, can't see any United fans biting on stupid comments like that. I'm not a United fan btw.

Not being pedantic but how many weeks was that over? Is that not considered a few weeks?

Ok i am being pedantic

He refused to come back for pre season training and forced a move to PSG.

We lost money on the deal I can't remember how much.

Yeah forcing a move isn't nice on his part. Some eejits throwing bottles though, some fans are complete dopes.

• Advertisement

Yeah forcing a move isn't nice on his part. Some eejits throwing bottles though, some fans are complete dopes.

O 100% they should be found and banned from the stadium, but I just wanted to explain why he was being booed

Advertisement