Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018-19 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Cheers, that seems to tie in with what I said. And that Hamilton/Beglin were speaking rubbish again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Cheers, that seems to tie in with what I said. And that Hamilton/Beglin were speaking rubbish again.

Think it needs more clarification as it is still very confusing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

As a Liverpool fan im hoping United can beat Barca ,

Although it would be a tuff game as they always are i'd fancy there chances against United more than Barca, if Liverpool do get through ,

No no no no no no, just no. I wouldn't want utd to win an under 7 charity game never mind this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

niallo27 wrote: »
    No no no no no no, just no. I wouldn't want utd to win an under 7 charity game never mind this game.

So you don't want them to beat City in the fixture when they play?

Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Although it would be a tuff game as they always are i'd fancy there chances against United more than Barca, if Liverpool do get through ,

You're hoping United can beat Barca but you'd worry about Liverpools chances of beating them. Ok then! If they can beat them, of course Liverpool can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

As a Liverpool fan I'll just be happy to get into a semi-final. Job isn't done yet but if we get there I don't care who we get.

As a boards.ie soccer forum user, a Liverpool v United Champions League semi-final is probably the least desirable thing that could ever happen.

Understand some Liverpool fans want to inflict as much misery on them as possible now they're sh!t so I get why some would fancy us playing them but I absolutely hate our games against them, if we could start each season and just allocate two draws apiece I 'd take it to never have to go through it. The run up is terrible, the games are usually awful and our record is sh!te, even when we were winning trophies all over the shop our record against them was crap.

Beating them would be amazing for the fume it would cause but the thought of loosing is horrific,I can do without it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Liverpool v utd is not a semi I would look foward to in any way.
    Getting to the semi is the first step, we've put ourselves in a good position with last nights result.
    Playing Barca would be very exciting and could look foward to those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Blow for Ajax that Ronaldo made it back to full fitness. I'll go 1-0 Juve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Can't see Liverpool knocking out Barca either. I think Barca will be the first proper team to do them at Anfield in a long while.

Can see Messi scoring a hatrick there ripping Liverpool a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Can't see Liverpool knocking out Barca either. I think Barca will be the first proper team to do them at Anfield in a long while.

Can see Messi scoring a hatrick there ripping Liverpool a new one.

Liverpool aren’t through yet. I think we’re getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

Last proper team to win at Anfield was Chelsea in the League Cup this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Utd allowing their soul to be captured here. Sitting in with 10% of the possession awaiting their summary execution. A gutless approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Well that didn't take long. 1-0 Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Bit worrying that the linesman would rule that out.

One of the few examples of VAR actually being effective, and overruling the officials on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

.G. wrote: »

You're hoping United can beat Barca but you'd worry about Liverpools chances of beating them. Ok then! If they can beat them, of course Liverpool can.

Same as last year i wanted Roma to beat them and they did then Liverpool beat Roma
    Im not sayoig Liverpool would have it easy against United but its easier than playing Barca

• Advertisement

Same as last year i wanted Roma to beat them and they did then Liverpool beat Roma
    Im not sayoig Liverpool would have it easy against United but its easier than playing Barca

Yes but if United and Roma can beat them then surely we'd have nothing to fear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Play utd twice a year minimum, gimme barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Who is the very irritating voiced co-commentator on Virgin Media 1 Ajax vJuventus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

FitzShane wrote: »
    Bit worrying that the linesman would rule that out.

One of the few examples of VAR actually being effective, and overruling the officials on the pitch.

Sh1t happens the main thing is that it was used to get the decision right in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Barca midfeild looks very very slow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Quite a good game in Amsterdam,Ajax showing that beating RM was no fluke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Barcelona just the better team here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Quite a good game in Amsterdam,Ajax showing that beating RM was no fluke

Bit of quality from Juventus and it's 0-1. No surprises who scored. Very good game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That Ronaldo lad is a cod Bill

That Ronaldo lad is a cod Bill

Himself and Messi are on a different planet. Don't care what anyone says. Just keep producing the goods, year in, year out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Started on the halfway line that move. The proof of how great he is , is that desire to work, never give up and not breath until the net ripples. Easily one of the greatest ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Who is the very irritating voiced co-commentator on Virgin Media 1 Ajax vJuventus ?

Its Keith Andrews, former Irish international. I don't mind him, he's got a great enthusiasm for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Was brutal defending by Ajax for that goal, Ronaldo gets it, Blind (I think) closes him, he plays it wide and runs towards goal, there's now two Ajax players close enough to actually track his run and they don't. Shambles after playing well

Knew this was going to be a belter. 1-1, right after half time. Cracking finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just in to see Ajax score a lovely goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Glad I wasn't late back in for the second half there :eek: Nice finish from Ajax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very impressed with Ajax. Good footballing team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ajax really should be ahead, pity they are all set to leave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Great finish but Cancelo was rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Keith Andrews I reckons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Cracking game. Ajax are a joy to watch. Breath of fresh air to the comp.

Cracking game. Ajax are a joy to watch. Breath of fresh air to the comp.

Easily the best tie of the round for me. Cracking game. Second leg should be excellent. Ajax won't go out without one hell of a fight.

You would have to fancy liverpool's chances against Barca in the semi final. Not a lot to fear from watching tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

You would have to fancy liverpool's chances against Barca in the semi final. Not a lot to fear from watching tonight.

Dembele will add a whole extra dimension when he's back alright though. His raw pace could make a big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

You writing utd's chances off in the second leg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Quarter-Final Results
    Liverpool (ENG) 2 V 0 Porto (POR)
    Tottenham Hotspur (ENG) 1 V 0 Manchester City (ENG)
    Ajax (NED) 1 V 1 Juventus (ITA)
    Manchester United (ENG) 0 V 1 Barcelona (ESP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Yes. Undoubtedly.

Yes, I cant see another miracle like PSG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Pool 2-0 Porto are better than last year.
    Spurs 1-2 City should be good enough to win.
    Ajax 1-1 Ajax to get the draw.
    Utd 1-1 think utd will keep it tight and Barca will be happy with a low scoring affair with a view to a convincing home win the next time.

Not a million miles away, 2 correct scores,

Ajax are just so enjoyable to watch.

I wouldn't take that as their best though. No Dembele and they didn't have to do much tonight. They are the type of team who'll pull a top class performance out of the bag when needed. They haven't won the CL since 2015, so they are due a win by their standards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Watched the 1st hour of United Barca. Awful game contested by one average side and one bad side.

Turned over to Ajax Juve for last half hour brilliant watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Liverpool vs City final is my gut prediction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

United are really poor at home in Europe this season.

No shots on target tonight.

The only goal they scored at Old Trafford was a last minute Fellaini goal against Young Boys. Poor showing from 5 games.

rob316 wrote: »
    Liverpool vs City final is my gut prediction.

I've a feeling that Spurs might come good against City. Juventus or Ajax will turn them over in the semis though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

3-1 Liverpool
    2-1 Spurs
    1-1 Ajax/Juventus
    1-2 Barcelona

Correct results just wrong amount of goals.
    Should have backed Barca at evens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement