Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018-19 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,013 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Why do players always kick the ball straight at DeGea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

De Gea can’t save the ones he should and unknowingly saves the ones he shouldn’t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Berserker wrote: »
    Can you not leave the Man United v Liverpool nonsense aside for 90 mins? Cracking game in Turin that the rest of us are trying to enjoy and talk about.

Messi red card would be great for Liverpool if they beat Porto nothing wrong with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Amazing move there, should be 3-0.

Just saw Pogba there in a freeze frame was he actually playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

What has Jones ever done to Messi to deserve that :mad:

Messi's in the groove tonight. Toying with ManU

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

sligeach wrote: »
    Amazing move there, should be 3-0.

Smacked him straight in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Berserker wrote: »
    Can you not leave the Man United v Liverpool nonsense aside for 90 mins? Cracking game in Turin that the rest of us are trying to enjoy and talk about.

Theres plenty you could have picked, that isnt one. How is a Liverpool fan hoping Messi is banned for a semi they are likely to be playing in MAn Utited V Liverpool nonsense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Messi denied his hat trick by the best in the world

• Advertisement

Him not being the one taking the shot was the first reason he was denied the hat trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,655 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Brilliant first half in Turin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Reshuffling your entire back 4 to make up for one missing player is a bit more Football Manager than something actual football managers normally do, really want to hear OGS explain his thinking behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Messi denied his hat trick by what was once the best in the world
    Fixed that for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

Why do players always kick the ball straight at DeGea.
    It worked for Messi the last time :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not sure if serious......:pac:

Kevin Doyle needs to work on his pronunciations . "that should be an easy save for the gay" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

hots wrote: »
    Reshuffling your entire back 4 to make up for one missing player is a bit more Football Manager than something actual football managers normally do, really want to hear OGS explain his thinking behind it.

Fergie once did something similar and Ole was just paying homage before going out to wash his car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Juve starting strongly, very physical and pushing high up. Ajax started to meet them on that level and got stuck in with the tackles too. Dunno if Juve can keep up their intensity for 90 minutes, Ajax have done well, but will come into more in the second half as Juve tire. Ajax have a great chance, taken Juve's best and have gotten out all square. Hopefully they can push on

Looking at the first goal again there, McTomminay needs to do better. Hes coming across the edge of the box towards Messi then seems to pull up before the shot. If there was ever a time to slide and try get a block, that was it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

I think and hope Ajax will do it. Don't think Juve are as good as made out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

.G. wrote: »

Don’t do it to yourself. Ronaldo will smash in a penalty in stoppage time to send them through, as per usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Stonewall pen too on the replay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You have Phil Jones with a bandage on his head that he was already wearing as he walked out beforehand making him look like something from the Beano, alongside Ashley Young and an overweight poor player like Fred in a Man U team managed by OGS at the Nou Camp as they take on Lionel Messi. It's like a Make A Wish segment.

.G. wrote: »

Atletico should of knocked them out, but Juve are great at grinding games out. You need to keep your composure against them and Ajax are the type of team that can do that, they have no fear

Thats some ball by Suarez to pick out Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Juve unlucky to be level. They've raised their game tonight and have looked far more dominant.

That said, Ajax have had a few moments. There was one absolutely ludicrous bit of play between Neres and Tadic in the Juventus box inventing space with really cute passes, back heels and whatnot. It dribbled through to Ajax's striker who poked it over the bar.

I wouldn't bet on this in a fit. Juve have looked the stronger but they're one **** up leading to a goal away from having a serious up hill battle now.

Not sure where he’s missed most here or in UTDs
    Midfield, Fred please come back😂😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

monkey9 wrote: »
    You have Phil Jones with a bandage on his head that he was already wearing as he walked out beforehand making him look like something from the Beano, alongside Ashley Young and an overweight poor player like Fred in a Man U team managed by OGS at the Nou Camp as they take on Lionel Messi. It's like a Make A Wish segment.

McTominay's the one that really confuses me. I know that some people think highly of him but anytime I watch him, he seems like a youth team player who has been called up because of an injury crisis and is both terrified and out of his depth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Messi taking the p*** out of United after the clear push.

Why is Pogba considered one of the top midfielders in the club football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

Atletico should of knocked them out, but Juve are great at grinding games out. You need to keep your composure against them and Ajax are the type of team that can do that, they have no fear

Absolutely I've said it myself here before, should have been 4 down after the first leg in Madrid. Ajax have that youthful exuberance that means they just never stop going, and no fear as you say.

Amazing interplay by Ajax. Great to watch

I don't think he is anymore tbf. Hasn't been for quite a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Some save from juve

• Advertisement

Ajax should be ahead. Guilt edge chance missed. Applying the pressure now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Ajax are an excellent team to watch. Great seeing a club that isn't bankrolled to the nines sticking it to the giants of football.

Szczęsny must be in the top 5 keepers in the world at the minute, another incredible save tonight to deny Ajax.

Ashley Young or Daley Blind??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

McTominay's the one that really confuses me. I know that some people think highly of him but anytime I watch him, he seems like a youth team player who has been called up because of an injury crisis and is both terrified and out of his depth.

I do think McTominay has a bit about him, but it won't be at Man U (not if they're going to be where they want to be at).

He looks like he could do something at Premier League level, but will be at Man U for two or three years before signing for someone like Everton or Watford.

• Advertisement

He was class at the World Cup.

I don't think we've seen the last of him performing at the top level. He's only just turned 26. He could easily go on to have huge success through his peak.

He just needs to get into a team that are attacking with pace, quality and and a bit of arrogance. That could be Utd, but it's not looking likely.

You'd have to think that Zidane would get him humming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Some play by Ajax

Ye Ajax getting alot of space everytime they go forward as Juve's intensity has dropped. And another tip over for Juve. The siege has begun on the Juve goal

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Ajax playing fantastic stuff

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

This Ajax team are an absolute pleasure to watch. Whatever happens tonight, they’ve done special things in Europe this season, it’ll be a shame to see the squad broken up in a few months time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dave doesn’t save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Wow. What a strike by Coutinho

Not Good enough for that Man U team but good enough to score a worldy for Barca against them.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I do think McTominay has a bit about him, but it won't be at Man U (not if they're going to be where they want to be at).

He looks like he could do something at Premier League level, but will be at Man U for two or three years before signing for someone like Everton or Watford.

You need to have that in your midfield. Unless they get someone who's both brilliant and has that bit of needle and aggression - someone like a Mascherano, a Kante or whatever, then he should stick around.

Ajax have come loaded for bear second half. They are playing ****ing brilliantly. I can barely remember a team who've played football this beautiful.

If Liverpool were to get to the final and face them, honestly, I'd be bricking it, because they seem to have everything a top team needs. And because they're humble and coming from a weaker league, they're fearless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I know they don't really need him the way things have gone, but you'd struggle to remember that Coutinho is on the pitch at times.

How about now?

• Advertisement
Advertisement