Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018-19 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

What a great night, Barca and Ajax win, Ronaldo going off shaking his head😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think Ajax will be beat by City or Spurs ,
    They will cope much better with there style

Trust me, all the Dutch teams suck the cock of Barca

The Dutch teams taught Barcelona everything they know. Any fear of you providing actual evidence to back up your hypothesis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I'll have to watch the Ajax game, sounds like a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Juve spent €100m for that.

Delighted they were knocked out by kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I'll have to watch the Ajax game, sounds like a cracker.

it was! Really enjoyable game to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

That ajax team is something else, probably get picked apart but they could very well win it out this year. Fearless stuff and it's amazing to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »
    Hope Ajax can do it. 1-2

All done bye bye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I hate that when a smaller team comes up like this, they are usually decimated in the next transfer window, modern football is such a load of bollox.

They don't have to sell.

It's their call. They could keep them for another year or two and then sell.

But they have other youngsters waiting to move into the senior team, so they just take the cash and build again, it's what they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I hate that when a smaller team comes up like this, they are usually decimated in the next transfer window, modern football is such a load of bollox.

They'll be floating on a sea of cash afterwards and it'll do them **** all good.

But hopefully this isn't just a flash in the pan. You see young lads like Sancho going to Dortmund and eschewing the manufactured football at City, and hopefully you have lads like him all over Europe tripping over themselves to be a part of a set up like Ajax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Great to see Ajax progress to the semi,

Came through three rounds of qualification,

a 19 year old captain scoring the winner tonight,

I'm pretty sure they are going for a treble of their own.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Tonight couldn't have gone better. Cracking night of football

I'd rather we face Utd in the next round if we get through than Barca. By a long, long way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm gonna call BS on this one, I don't think Dutch team suck the cock of Barca

Pics or GTFO

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ronnie just walks off no shaking hands with anyone.

Pampered spoiled child.

Great to see the GOAT make the semi final hopefully Liverpool get to play him there.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything else from Ronaldo.

Messi is a different level player in lots of ways I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Whoever buys De Ligt is going to get a monster of a CB.

Not many at his age look that composed, he was even a good player in the Europa final a few years back.

• Advertisement

Juve spent €100m for that.

Delighted they were knocked out by kids.

Ah here thats going a bit far. Ronaldo was the only thing that kept Juve in this tie. His header the last night was absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I honestly can't even vaguely understand the mindset that could come up with a thought like this.

Like, do you imagine Hennie Henrichs or Van Der Saar or Overmars coming down to the dressing room and saying to this young group of ecstatic, exciting players;

"sorry lads, not this one, we like Barca so I'd like you to just lay down and let them win. Now, yes, we know obviously this would be terrible for us as a club, to actively choose to not win a champions league, but, as I said, Barca are good craic, and we like them, so let's just bow out now. Cheers lads. "

Genuinely baffling thing for you to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Keep sucking those lemons we were great tonight sorry you lost

Christ, some blowjob!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Some achievement from Ajax, would love to see them win it. They are a joy to watch and would give City/Spurs real problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

7XNPQcO.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Gbear wrote: »
    I'd rather we face Utd in the next round if we get through than Barca. By a long, long way.

Sure if United had of got through it means they would have beat Barca, why can't Liverpool beat Barca if they get through tomorrow night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not looking good for favourites this round.

Juve gone
    United gone
    City losing

Hopefully Liverpool stop the pattern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Our record since Ferguson left, 4 wins, 5 draws, 5 defeats all comps. Since Jurgen arrived its 5 draws, 2 wins, 3 defeats. The two league games each season are more than enough for me, I'd rather never play them. Thankfully we don't have to again this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

RoboKlopp wrote:
    Tonight couldn't have gone better. Cracking night of football

Can't remember as a neutral* the last time I enjoyed a 2 legged tie as much as that.

*not counting who I support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

There's a pretty big chance that either Spurs or Ajax are gonna be in the Champions League final

Or man city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

The Dutch teams taught Barcelona everything they know. Any fear of you providing actual evidence to back up your hypothesis?

I'll post back when Barca walk this whole competition without conceeding one more goal.

Bookmark it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Bit harsh to blame Ronaldo given he scored a hatrick to get them bast Athletico when things looked bleak, and scored in both legs off this tie. But ye it's his fault they didn't win. Anyway Ajax are fantastic to watch, a breath of fresh air so attack minded and fearless, enjoy it while it lasts because next season half the team will be somewhere else. The Ajax academy must have the record for most quality players produced over the years.

On another note great to see Dutch football on the way back up, such a proud football nation should be at Euros and WC, a CB pairing of VVD and De Ligt and some of the other talent they have coming through could be real contenders for the WC in 2022 and even the Euros in 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Turtyturd wrote: »

Juve gone
    United gone
    City losing

Insert "I'm massively confused, Ted" gif here.

• Advertisement

Ajax are making the final, superb team. Will finally give City a tough game if they get through too but I'm not even sure of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You can just about taste the lemons with the people blaming Ronaldo

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything else from Ronaldo.

Messi is a different level player in lots of ways I think.

Suits the teams he's played for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Turtyturd wrote: »

Juve gone
    United gone
    City losing

Were utd favourites? Crikey, didn't realise.

I'll post back when Barca walk this whole competition without conceeding one more goal.

Bookmark it.

Is your argument that Barça are good or that teams will lie down for them? I don't follow your argument, are you saying United lay down for them tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Insert "I'm massively confused, Ted" gif here.

Think he's talking about the fact that the favourites are all gone so far, i.e. Juventus, Man United, Man City (losing). I'd love to know who his bookie is if he had Man United as favourites v Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Berserker wrote: »
    Think he's talking about the fact that the favourites are all gone so far, i.e. Juventus, Man United, Man City (losing). I'd love to know who his bookie is if he had Man United as favourites v Barca.

Same bookie as all the United fans claiming Liverpool are favourites to win the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Bookmark it.

Barca's passing game and midfield is as weak as it's been for a long time, they rely more on individual brilliance up front and a tougher defense by their own standards. Whereas Ajax's passing game is as good as it's been in years. Ajax will fight fire with fire, they'll give as good as they'll get, make no mistake about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Punctuation is important folks. It could be the difference between playing a young full-back or playing A.Young full-back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

They'll be floating on a sea of cash afterwards and it'll do them **** all good.

But hopefully this isn't just a flash in the pan. You see young lads like Sancho going to Dortmund and eschewing the manufactured football at City, and hopefully you have lads like him all over Europe tripping over themselves to be a part of a set up like Ajax.

**** me the media have convinced everyone that this lad is some kind of superstar. An Ok player nothing more than that.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

[QUOTE=.G
    You can just about taste the lemons with the people blaming Ronaldo
    To funny, he abandoned UTD in his prime and the fan boys would still have him back😂

After beating Atletico I expected Juve to make the final. Losing Mandzukic was massive, he draws a lot of players and is a great foil for Ronaldo. If they move Ronaldo central next year and get in a quality winger they'll be back among the favourites for the CL.

Its the first time since 2010 that Ronaldo hasn't played in the semi final.

Now, if Ajax or Barca could win it to save football, I'd be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Ronnie more upset there will be no balon for for him by taking juve to champions League success I'd imagine

Ronnie more upset there will be no balon for for him by taking juve to champions League success I'd imagine

He got out of Madrid at the right time anyway they're a shambles at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Provided we progress past Porto, Liverpool will get alot of joy out of Barca, not saying they will beat them but it'll be close.
    United so poor more than Barca brilliant.

Messi aside I don't think they have much for Liverpool or City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Bookmark it.

If Liverpool get to play barce I'd be very confident of them getting to the final

You can bookmark that if you like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

GavRedKing wrote: »
    After beating Atletico I expected Juve to make the final. Losing Mandzukic was massive, he draws a lot of players and is a great foil for Ronaldo. If they move Ronaldo central next year and get in a quality winger they'll be back among the favourites for the CL.

Its the first time since 2010 that Ronaldo hasn't played in the semi final.

Now, if Ajax or Barca could win it to save football, I'd be happy.

To save football ????? ughhhhhhhhhhh.........

*violently pukes*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Out of Man U's back 5 starting tonight 4 of them were signed and starting under Alex.

Mental with the amount of money spend since he retired .

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ajax are a proper club, delighted for them. They'll be raided in the summer but it would be great to see them back at this level regularly.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    **** me the media have convinced everyone that this lad is some kind of superstar. An Ok player nothing more than that.;)

It's not about how good he is, but about a young player having an ambition to play football rather than sit on his hole and earn a dumptruck of cash.

• Advertisement
Advertisement