Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018-19 UEFA Champions League

Comments

He shouldn't have been allowed back on. He did not look right at all. Hope he's ok

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Spurs medical team nneed to take a good hard look at how they allowed him back on.

Amateurish and dangerous.

HIA will be the next issue to be dealt with surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Agreed - real low moment for the Spurs coaching staff. Hope the player is okay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The ref even came over to check on it and prompt them to not put him back out there. Bizarre by the Spurs coaching staff.

I saw the ref indicate his head, so he obviously asked the question.
    Even allowing for the excitement, trying to get a player back on as quickly as possible, it really will become a Test Case for how Not to deal with such an injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Concussion handling in soccer is pretty much barbaric at this stage. There needs to be a proper protocol put in place to take these decisions out of the staff or even player's hands.

The NFL, for example, is miles ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Knex. wrote: »
    Concussion handling in soccer is pretty much barbaric at this stage. There needs to be a proper protocol put in place to take these decisions out of the staff or even player's hands.

and it only took a single billion dollar class action law suit for this to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Van De Beek never stops running. I'm tired just watching him.
    Dirk Kuyt level lungs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ajax have the hard work done. Should get over the line next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Knock Airport had a message up on facebook noting how Liverpool fans flew into Knock and then straight on another flight onto Girona. The fans were saving €500 in the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Knex. wrote: »

Even bringing in a HIA like rugby where you can use a temporary sub until the assessment is done would be a huge difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Compared to when fabinho got a bang last wk when he came on as a sub and was bought off again straight away the spurs medical team made a balls of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Some videos on twitter doing the rounds of a small portion of Liverpool fans acting the d1ck and pushing randomers into a fountain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Some videos on twitter doing the rounds of a small portion of Liverpool fans acting the d1ck and pushing randomers into a fountain

Just looked it up, what a complete prick that guy is and also the one filming it.

Edit just saw another one where they threw some poor old Asian lad in too, calling him Mr Miyagi too, stupid cnuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool fan both videos look to be the same guy who looks to be about in his 50s and should know better hopefully the club do something to him

Just looked it up, what a complete prick that guy is and also the one filming it.

Edit just saw another one where they threw some poor old Asian lad in too, calling him Mr Miyagi too, stupid cnuts.

Aye that's the two I saw also.

Daily star reported that Police got heavy handed with batons with some Liverpool fans in short. On phone can't link apologies.

Hate to see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'm irrationally annoyed by those clips tbh, I feel sorry for the two lads thrown in. All in the name of 'banter' no doubt. Pathetic stuff, I hope they are dealt with by the club or else the Spanish cops rough them up tonight.

I'm irrationally annoyed by those clips tbh, I feel sorry for the two lads thrown in. All in the name of 'banter' no doubt. Pathetic stuff, I hope they are dealt with by the club or else the Spanish cops rough them up tonight.

Hope they didn't have a lot of cash in their wallets and their phone!

The 'banter' could literally cost the victim hundreds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool fan both videos look to be the same guy who looks to be about in his 50s and should know better hopefully the club do something to him

Hopefully a lifetime ban like they did with that guy who was abusing opposition fans at a home game recently.

It'd be great if this guy's family and boss saw it as well and he's made pay outside of football as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,085 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Knock Airport had a message up on facebook noting how Liverpool fans flew into Knock and then straight on another flight onto Girona. The fans were saving €500 in the process.

And booked into the VIP lounge for the 'layover' for cheap drink en route!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Daily star reported that Police got heavy handed with batons with some Liverpool fans in short. On phone can't link apologies.

If their standard of behaviour was similar to the lads in that video then they've good reason to go at them with batons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

You'd think the older fella at his age would have more sense. The younger ones mocking the elderly Asian chap with 'Mr. Miyagi san' are pathetic as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Disgusting and embarrassing behaviour. Ruins it for the rest of us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Just me or did Spur's and Ajax look poor last night ?

Playing away suits Ajax, stronger even away. The home team has to open, leaving more space. No one can live with them in an open game of football

I feel there tailor made for Liverpool to beat ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Aye that's the two I saw also.

Hate to see it

Police clear that area every time there's a game, it's beside a residential area and they have strict rules about clearing the place before a certain time. They do it to every set of away fans.

Fans arrested for assaulting hotel workers too.

Just me or did Spur's and Ajax look poor last night ?

Ajax were brilliant first half hour. Should have been a few more up. They got their away goal.

Spurs were average enough, definitely missing their two best players.

The tie is far from over. I think Spurs will score over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Complete knobheads. However, they should be easily rounded up as there’s only a handful and very clear pics of them. Club will ban them for life once identified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ajax looked fantastic in the first 20 minutes but it's not like they were awful afterwards, had several good chances. Played well and got a good result. In fairness to Spurs they were badly hampered by Kane and Son being absent. Any suggestion that these two would be easy to beat in a one off final is kidding themselves.

Police clear that area every time there's a game, it's beside a residential area and they have strict rules about clearing the place before a certain time. They do it to every set of away fans.

Fans arrested for assaulting hotel workers too.

Aye. All they did was coral the fans away in a pretty orderly manner. Apparently same thing happened Saturday night when their own fans were celebrating winning the league. As for the clowns at the fountain, I despair.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ajax looked fantastic in the first 20 minutes but it's not like they were awful afterwards, had several good chances. Played well and got a good result. In fairness to Spurs they were badly hampered by Kane and Son being absent. Any suggestion that these two would be easy to beat in a one off final is kidding themselves.

Spurs started the game with 2 CM ., that was so stupid, Once they changed it around they where fine,

Spur's are absolutely knackered and missing a lot of players plus Ali is totally off form ,

I honestly think Liverpool would take Ajax to the cleaners ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

eigrod wrote: »
    Aye. All they did was coral the fans away in a pretty orderly manner. Apparently same thing happened Saturday night when their own fans were celebrating winning the league. As for the clowns at the fountain, I despair.

I take it you've never dealt with Spanish cops?
    They tend to be more of the hit first,ask questions later type.
    This happens pretty much every time there's away fans there. Fellas acting the prick certainly won't help their cause when the cops arrive.

I take it you've never dealt with Spanish cops?
    They tend to be more of the hit first,ask questions later type.
    This happens pretty much every time there's away fans there. Fellas acting the prick certainly won't help their cause when the cops arrive.

A friend of mine ran a bar Barca for many years so we used to go for a lot of big Champions league games as he'd always get free tickets ,

The thing he would always say is do NOT where the away team colours even if it was a club you support and if your approached by a City cop its already to late ,
    The City police are more like a private security firm than a police force they take no **** and ask very little question's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

A friend of mine ran a bar Barca for many years so we used to go for a lot of big Champions league games as he'd always get free tickets ,

The thing he would always say is do NOT where the away team colours even if it was a club you support and if your approached by a City cop its already to late ,
    The City police are more like a private security firm than a police force they take no **** and ask very little question's

In the airport waiting for my flight over, haven't packed a single scarf or jersey, just keeping it down low.

8-10 wrote: »
    In the airport waiting for my flight over, haven't packed a single scarf or jersey, just keeping it down low.

Enjoy the game, its a wonderful place to watch football and keep safe ,

Oh if you take the subway watch out for the pick-pockets the target the football games,
    Its not that bad but just have your wits about ye,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Act the bollix around Spainish police ,you will get a wallop or two.Its simple as that.
    Barcelona is a great city, just some scumbags have no manners,no harm if the cops give them a dig.

Video now doing the rounds of fans chanting " We shall not be moved" at the police.

Well this is not going to end well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Theres always a minority acting like d**kheads that ruin it for the rest.

You cant take some of those Brits anywhere and give them booze without them acting up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Yep - it's frustrating to see. Always a few that take it too far. If there's criminal activity involved (such as the prick pushing people into the fountain), hopefully the police can get it solved. If it's general antisocial behaviour, you'd like to see the club come down heavily.

Peter Moore, LFC CEO, making the right noises on Twitter but that doesn't amount to much without some action after the fact. Would be nice to see a ban or two issued.
    Liverpool chief executive Peter Moore has called on fans in Barcelona to "act in a manner befitting LFC" after minor disturbances in the city on Tuesday.

Videos have circulated on social media apparently showing individual supporters, in different incidents, pushing locals into a fountain at Placa Reial, just off La Rambla.

Later in the evening police cordoned off the square and forced all fans back on to the main tourist strip before walking them up the street to Placa de Catalunya, a main transport hub, where they dispersed.

Merseyside Police are understood to be aware of the existence of the video, as, apparently, is Moore.

"We proudly sing that we've conquered all of Europe. But let's treat this beautiful city with the respect that it deserves, and act in a manner that is befitting of LFC," the Reds chief executive wrote on Twitter.

"By all means have a good time, but we are Liverpool, and as such, let's visit here with grace and humility."

On Tuesday, as thousands of fans began to arrive in the city for the Champions League semi-final first leg, Merseyside Police's dedicated Twitter account for LFC fans tweeted the advice: "Eat, drink and enjoy all areas in the city centre. Respect monuments."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/348502-liverpool-fc-statement

Liverpool Football Club is working with Merseyside Police and the authorities in Spain, who are endeavouring to identify those involved in the incident.

Such behaviour is clearly totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

It would be inappropriate to comment further while the situation is ongoing other than to confirm the club will follow due process in any and all cases of this nature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You'd think the older fella at his age would have more sense. The younger ones mocking the elderly Asian chap with 'Mr. Miyagi san' are pathetic as well.

Something tells me there's a stench of a certain pork product off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

6 liverpool fans arrested for attacking 4 poor innocent people, 2 of those people just Hotel Workers trying do their job, one suffered a broken nose.

No words

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

6 liverpool fans arrested for attacking 4 poor innocent people, 2 of those people just Hotel Workers trying do their job, one suffered a broken nose.

No words

I have words.

Filthy fúcking scum.

No words

There are plenty words. 6 dickheads that if found guilty will get put away for an appropriate length of time and will never set foot in Spain or at a Football match again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Assume that's separate, more severe cases than the fountain throwing ejits?

I don't recall this happening last year with Liverpool fans in Europe?

Absolute knackers.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Assume that's separate, more severe cases than the fountain throwing ejits?

Yes. But hopefully the knob who threw the unfortunate gent in the fountain will soon be arrested too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

ERG89 wrote: »
    It helps when there are 18 teams in the league like there is in the Eredivisie. If Spurs game got delayed when would thet want to play it??
    The league ends in only 12 days time

17 of those 18 teams were not that impressed with rescheduling gameweek 33 for Ajax.
    Because that is what happened. Not just Ajax' game was postponed.

And it all could have been avoided but the uefa in their infinite wisdom decided that the only team out of the 4 1/2 finalists who had to play sunday, had to play their first semi-final on tuesday.

This weekend there is the cupfinal with also Ajax involved, that would have been easier to postpone if the uefa had scheduled Spurs and Ajax semifinals wedsnesday\tuesday.

The dutch league now ends on a wedsnesdaynight and Van Persie's last match as a foorballer will not be in front of the home fans in Rotterdam but in ****ing Sittard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

inforfun wrote: »
    17 of those 18 teams were not that impressed with rescheduling gameweek 33 for Ajax.

And it all could have been avoided but the uefa in their infinite wisdom decided that the only team out of the 4 1/2 finalists who had to play sunday, had to play their first semi-final on tuesday.

This weekend there is the cupfinal with also Ajax involved, that would have been easier to postpone if the uefa had scheduled Spurs and Ajax semifinals wedsnesday\tuesday.

The dutch league now ends on a wedsnesdaynight and Van Persie's last match as a foorballer will not be in front of the home fans in Rotterdam but in ****ing Sittard.

Would this have happened if it was another team?

inforfun wrote: »

Or the Dutch FA could have moved the Ajax game to the Saturday, the ties were played as they were drawn with Spurs V Ajax being drawn as Semi-Final 1 so played on the Tuesday 1st

eigrod wrote: »
    Yes. But hopefully the knob who threw the unfortunate gent in the fountain will soon be arrested too.

he threw two people into the fountain clear picture of him so hopefully he has been identified and will now get a ban from Liverpool and travelling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement