Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub to watch Limerick v Mayo 9th June

• 30-05-2018 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

As a Mayo man who was already due to be in Limerick for a 'prior engagement' on Sat 9th June, I think the best I'll be able to manage is to watch the match in a pub in the city, rather than making it out to the Gaelic Grounds to be there in-person....

Any suggestions of a good place to watch the match in the city?

ETA: The Glen Tavern (on Lower Glentworth Street) would suit very well location wise - would it be a good option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

tobdom wrote: »
    As a Mayo man who was already due to be in Limerick for a 'prior engagement' on Sat 9th June, I think the best I'll be able to manage is to watch the match in a pub in the city, rather than making it out to the Gaelic Grounds to be there in-person....

Any suggestions of a good place to watch the match in the city?

ETA: The Glen Tavern (on Lower Glentworth Street) would suit very well location wise - would it be a good option?

Is it on TV? I doubt it. I know Sky Sports have two hurling matches on that day so doubt RTE will show anything.

The Glen Tavern is a good spot alright. I'd recommend it. Otherwise Myles Breens or Mcgettigans (lots of tvs).

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

damowill wrote: »
    Is it on TV? I doubt it. I know Sky Sports have two hurling matches on that day so doubt RTE will show anything.

The Glen Tavern is a good spot alright. I'd recommend it. Otherwise Myles Breens or Mcgettigans (lots of tvs).

Thanks for the reply and suggestions. You know I didn't even consider that it might not be shown, but that's a good posibility I suppose. Will have to wait & see then.... If it was on earlier than 6pm I could probably make a case for going to it, but not at that time unfortunately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

You'll be luck to find any pub in the city that is showing a limerick football game. It is not a sport that is supported in the city or most of thr county at all :( you would be better off going to the Gaelic grounds as they are pretty much in the city centre. If the match is on tv, which I doubt, then Myles Breens or Dolans might be a spot to watch it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

Oh I thought if I could get away with it at all, I'd be going to the Gaelic Grounds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Twoman Fullbackline

There isn't a hope in hell that that game will be on TV I'm afraid. There are two Leinster SHC matches on at the same time that will most likely be on Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Cant see this game on live tv. Actually I don't think the local radio station 95FM will have live coverage. Result is a foregone conclusion. All-Ireland runners-up and Div.1 team playing a Div.4 team, Limerick's poorest football team in over 30 years. A complete mismatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oldhouse55

Think sareva bar in corbally good place watch game they do dinners and have about 6 tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

oldhouse55 wrote: »
    Think sareva bar in corbally good place watch game they do dinners and have about 6 tv

Its a Gaelic football match he wants to watch. Not a rugby league game or a Spanish second division relegation playoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Patsy Nicholas pub on Gerald Griffen Street is one of the few GAA pubs in town
    In the unlikely event of the game being on TV it will be shown there.

Most of the other pubs in town would show non-league soccer before Gaelic Football

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Games isn't been shown on TV from what I understand.
    Unless MayoGAA stream it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

The place for you is JJ Bowles in Thomondgate or as the Mayo folk in Limerick call it "Shrule-eile". That's both the pub and the area.
    Many Mayo people frequent the pub and there's even been a Roscommoner or two spotted about.
    Pop in and you'll get all the ska.

PS, Sport on TV hierarchy Rugby, GAA, and anything else.

Advertisement