Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,641 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

But what happens after isn't my concern or any of my business. I will simply have to trust that whoever looked at it made a decision they felt was right, whether that be to take action, leave it for a local mod, or to do nothing at all.

I wouldn't expect to be informed, but at least I would know the thing actually got sent.

A read receipt would be a fantastic addition imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

No, I wouldn't expect a mod to reply at all, it would purely be an auto response. I'm no computer geek but it seems all the components are there, the system knows who sent the report and knows when it was actioned, so why not generate an automatic email whenever that 2nd step happens?

I'm only musing though, I doubt the soccer mods are going to change website technology.

Yeah, I mean already said it's a fair shout, just not sure it's part of the type of software boards uses. Be a good addition if so.

Maybe the answer to some of the issues people find with venturing into superthreads is more ad-hoc threads? You dont see many new and interesting threads crop up these days as everything for the PL can be neatly stored away in one thread or another because of the catch-all nature of superthreads.

Fans of a particular team can still have their superthread to discuss amongst like minded fans but fans of other teams have an opportunity to debate without riling the natives. Threads live and die by interest so if it doesn't take off, nobody wanted to speak about it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,304 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I suspect the technology is not there (without some serious investment, which is unlikely to be made), but even if it was sometimes mods respond to the e-mail notifying them of a report and may not actually look at the reported post directly

Having said that I would be supportive of this
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    When posts are reported, an emailed notice goes to mods, a chat thread is created where ALL reports of that post go and this feature isn’t really used. I propose that when a Mod/CMod/Admin checks a reported post they comment in that thread. Be it “Nothing here” or “Post Edited” or “Yellow Issued” or “Straight Red issued” can also include things like 3rd yellow 2 week ban in here also.
    It happens with many other forums, and is a practice I tried to adopt when modding, even if simply thanking the post to confirm I have looked at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Coming back to the weekends incident, I would note that the genesis of all that was not Liverpools game, it was the United game a week before.

United lost a cup final. Lots of people laughed and had their fun. Lots of other people noted that Liverpool had an upcoming final and that karma was a thing. This created an edge of expectation over the following week. Liverpool duly lost a cup final. Some people may have felt that turnabout was fair play and started to laugh. Some fans who knew all week that laughter was coming were duly on a hair trigger and reacted very inappropriately.

My point is that the losing finals so close together exacerbated the situation, it meant that in the aftermath of the second match posters were very volatile.

If trolling can be judged on a sliding scale from simple banter to full on manipulation, if certain behaviours can be judged to be worse than others, then it seems to me that the aftermath of contentious games should be one of those times where the leeway for "banter" should be made very narrow indeed.

So why not make clear that going forward, any post made in a clubs superthread in the 4/5 hours following that clubs game needs to be squeaky clean, that even a hint of trolling will be actioned accordingly?

If everybody knows that they will be walking a tightrope by posting contentious views in a superthread immediately following a defeat or big incident, then reasonable posters will simply either wait until that red alert period passes or at least choose their words more carefully.

• Advertisement

In my opinion, there are a handful on either side that are super tribal and perpetuate the us against them mentality. .

It's even on this thread, with one or two posters pushing that blinkered agenda.

Most or a huge chunk of this thread is linked back to Liverpool and Utd fans "rivalry" which shows it's a major headache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Maybe the answer to some of the issues people find with venturing into superthreads is more ad-hoc threads? You dont see many new and interesting threads crop up these days as everything for the PL can be neatly stored away in one thread or another because of the catch-all nature of superthreads.

Fans of a particular team can still have their superthread to discuss amongst like minded fans but fans of other teams have an opportunity to debate without riling the natives. Threads live and die by interest so if it doesn't take off, nobody wanted to speak about it.
    That's a nice thought, but naive. I recall a particular poster coming on the City thread and calling Aguero a diving cheat and saying that he'd be appalled if a utd player did similar and would have no problem calling out a utd player if they did something similar. A couple of weeks later, a utd player (no, not Young!) did n atrocious dive against Swansea. Lo and behold, no response from that poster. What a surprise. Not. I was always under the impression, like you apparently, that club specific threads were not the place to go on and have a pop at that club or its fans. That if you wanted to do that, then the match threads were the place to do so.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    It's even on this thread, with one or two posters pushing that blinkered agenda.

Most or a huge chunk of this thread is linked back to Liverpool and Utd fans "rivalry" which shows it's a major headache.

Plenty of Liverpool posters who regularly post in the Utd superthread and create decent discussion debunk these claims.
    You can still have a rival team that doesn't change.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Plenty of Liverpool posters who regularly post in the Utd superthread and create decent discussion debunk these claims.
    You can still have a rival team that doesn't change.

:confused:

Never said otherwise. You're just moving the goalposts.

:confused:

Never said otherwise. You're just moving the goalposts.

Maybe I'm not understanding your reference to rivalries.

Are you taking about precieved rivalry between groups / posters or actual rival football teams?

• Advertisement

For sure, but I guess my overall post is about how do we get past that to some extent. Love a bit of rivalry, love a bit of slagging on either side, but how do we mitigate for the guys that can't accept that part of the sport and act as if they are in some sort of online war with another group of Irish lads who happen to support a different team in a different country.

I also post a decent amount in the rugby forum these days and the mods there take a heavy enough hand with WUMs abd re-regs. They are also pretty quick to step in when a thread starts to go up in flames. It isn't as populous or fast movong as the soccer forum but the relatively swift action cuts out a lot of the nonsense fairly sharpish.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Maybe I'm not understanding your reference to rivalries.

Are you taking about precieved rivalry between groups / posters or actual rival football teams?

Football teams, hence my mention of both teams.

My point that much of the discussion about issues in the forum in this Soccer Forum feedback (600 posts in) is linked back to Liverpool and Utd fans.

Now in fairness, if you drill into that you'll find the root causes of most issues isn't probably a huge number of posters. These are the ones the mods should ban. Not sure how deep the admins/mods will go on this.

For sure, but I guess my overall post is about how do we get past that to some extent. Love a bit of rivalry, love a bit of slagging on either side, but how do we mitigate for the guys that can't accept that part of the sport and act as if they are in some sort of online war with another group of Irish lads who happen to support a different team in a different country.

I also post a decent amount in the rugby forum these days and the mods there take a heavy enough hand with WUMs abd re-regs. They are also pretty quick to step in when a thread starts to go up in flames. It isn't as populous or fast movong as the soccer forum but the relatively swift action cuts out a lot of the nonsense fairly sharpish.

Doesn't work online as it does in the real world. If it did most of the issues would probably go away!

My point that much of the discussion about issues in the forum in this Soccer Forum feedback (600 posts in) is linked back to Liverpool and Utd fans.

Now in fairness, if you drill into that you'll find the root causes of most issues isn't probably a huge number of posters. These are the ones the mods should ban. Not sure how deep the admins/mods will go on this.
    It's clear I was waisting my time. NM

Well no, while the set of fans played a part, the main, and I emphasise main, issue that is being discussed is not Liverpool/United rivalries it’s more moderator actions(or lack thereof). It’s not about the trolling or abuse. It’s about why it took so long to curb this.

Edit: BTW mods have clarified the issue hence why discussion has moved on somewhat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Beasty wrote: »
    but even if it was sometimes mods respond to the e-mail notifying them of a report and may not actually look at the reported post directly
    Wait, what?

Seriously?

people respond to emails from <no-reply@boards.ie>?

/facepalm

Doesn't work online as it does in the real world. If it did most of the issues would probably go away!

Agreed, and it's why I pretty much never engage in it on here.

But I'm not really talking about the slagging types of posts. More legitimate types of discussion about teams that you aren't a fan of.

As I said, I'd love to discuss honestly, for example, my opinion that Chelsea are in a decent amount of trouble going forward with the Abramovich issues, lack of CL football, mediocre investment, and the fact that I feel like their best player is going to go soon. I can't really post that in the Chelsea thread because they'll either think I'm antagonizing or they'll ignore it because I'm not a Chelsea fan and ill get no discussion. (This is just an example, not looking for posts telling me I could defo post this exact thing)

There isn't really a place for non-fans of clubs to discuss interesting things happening at rival clubs. I haven't got an answer for what we can do to improve this, but I definitely think that enforcement of civility in the face of a reasonable rival fans opinion would really help the tone of the forum.

I come here to talk about football, specifically the PL, not United only. If I only wanted to talk about United I'd head off to a Redcafe or whatever. It's weird that on a general football forum, that fans of the big English sides are all basically segregated to our superthreads. I find myself going to reddit more and more for football because it has lots of viewpoints from rival fans.

Agreed, and it's why I pretty much never engage in it on here.

But I'm not really talking about the slagging types of posts. More legitimate types of discussion about teams that you aren't a fan of.

As I said, I'd love to discuss honestly, for example, my opinion that Chelsea are in a decent amount of trouble going forward with the Abramovich issues, lack of CL football, mediocre investment, and the fact that I feel like their best player is going to go soon. I can't really post that in the Chelsea thread because they'll either think I'm antagonizing or they'll ignore it because I'm not a Chelsea fan and ill get no discussion. (This is just an example, not looking for posts telling me I could defo post this exact thing)

There isn't really a place for non-fans of clubs to discuss interesting things happening at rival clubs. I haven't got an answer for what we can do to improve this, but I definitely think that enforcement of civility in the face of a reasonable rival fans opinion would really help the tone of the forum.

Maybe the General PL thread is the place to post these sort of things, I’ve definitely seen post of that ilk in there

astradave wrote: »
    Well no, while the set of fans played a part, the main, and I emphasise main, issue that is being discussed is not Liverpool/United rivalries it’s more moderator actions(or lack thereof). It’s not about the trolling or abuse. It’s about why it took so long to curb this.

Edit: BTW mods have clarified the issue hence why discussion has moved on somewhat

Ok so, nothing to see here. It's a moderater issue... Not buying that.

It's a poster's ssue. That's the root cause.

I'm talking about the forum in general. You might be talking about issues at the weekend.

The Liverpool and Utd stuff comes up every year.

Banning the trolls or just keeping the threads for own fans the two options that would solve it. The former would be the preference id imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Steve wrote: »
    Wait, what?

Seriously?

people respond to emails from <no-reply@boards.ie>?

/facepalm

Pretty sure it means they click the "offending" post link direct from the email :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Pretty sure it means they click the "offending" post link direct from the email :P
    I hope you are right... I fear you are wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Has to be said as well that for all the pontificating on here, posters(all of us) need to reflect on our posts and posting styles and adapt them accordingly.

People have to start taking personal responsibility for the problems they are causing in the first place.

I think as the Eveton superthread showed, modding here is entirely about Liverpool/ManU and the issues that those fans raise or complain about.

In that example a superthread was trolled for months by a fan labelling the Everton supporters stupid and disloyal. It got to the stage where it seemed like every contribution referred to his intelligence and knowledge about the game as contrasted with Everton fans. Complaint after complaint lodged, and the mods did nothing and did not seem to grasp the issue. Meanwhile on the Liverpool and ManU superthreads, or indeed ordinary threads related to those clubs, one need not attack posters at all, one need only repeat something that has appeared in the media about a player or manager and that can be enough to draw a sanction.

That's just bad modding. It misses the entire point, it's ignoring valid reaction to posts attacking posters while reacting to hysterical overreaction to posts criticising the players or managers of one of 2 clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,107 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Steve wrote: »
    I hope you are right... I fear you are wrong though.

Nothing wrong with emailing them, I'm having a lovely chat with someone called boards.ie Autoresponder. Admittedly they keep sending me the same email, but it's nice they keep going to the effort of typing out the same thing over and over.

Oh, and possibly more constructive part of my post, mods should be encouraged to come out of their own team or area of interest threads more, not less.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Is it possible to restrict users to just one Super thread so that there is no trolling in the Superthreads? Can we just do that and then have a trolling thread which caters for all fans to rip the piss out of each other within charter rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

GSPfan wrote: »
    Is it possible to restrict users to just one Super thread so that there is no trolling in the Superthreads? Can we just do that and then have a trolling thread which caters for all fans to rip the piss out of each other within charter rules.

That would be a bit of a pain in the ass for me for example as i do post on occasion in superthreads (if that is the name for the club threads?) when i see something "Dutch" that might be of interest for the people in said thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

adox wrote: »
    Has to be said as well that for all the pontificating on here, posters(all of us) need to reflect on our posts and posting styles and adapt them accordingly.

People have to start taking personal responsibility for the problems they are causing in the first place.

I posted in the FA Cup thread after the result which I could see being viewed negatively by Man Utd fans. While it wasn't my intention to agitate, I wouldn't have posted the same comments in the Utd thread. I did delete one post which was saying the same thing a different way sometime later. This was probably some subconscious low level trolling on my part, which I felt bad about.

I'll often read the Utd thread but rarely post there for fear of being taking out of context. That's not any criticism of the Utd guys, it's just the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I don't think it's fair to lay the blame for the discontent by many of what the forum has become, solely on the Mods or the Users. Both of us need have contributed to this and need to cop on really.

We're all adults here but some of the carry-on is ridiculous at times. People create petty feuds and have digs with each-other. Also a complete lack of maturity and class to stoop to the level of personal insults.

Then we understand the Mods have a tough task but I think the control of the place is slipping away from them at times. Probably a combination of too stretched in terms of personnel and inconsistencies between how different Mods handle similar situations.

I think as users if we want a better environment in this place we need to sort ourselves out. It's simple to engage respectfully with people trying to rise you, also even simpler to not engage at all. For that to work the Mods, need to look over the charter and update it, scrap useless unused rules, add some that might be helpful, and carry out a consistent way of dealing with them (I know I've drummed on about changing/updating the charter).

Then it is up to us to have some cop on and follow the rules, if someone breaks them let the Mods deal with them rather than engaging solely for the reason of drumming up some thanks, and for this to work Mods will need to clamp down and show they can handle the situations.

At the moment it's a bit like the inmates are trying to run the asylum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I think as the Eveton superthread showed, modding here is entirely about Liverpool/ManU and the issues that those fans raise or complain about.

In that example a superthread was trolled for months by a fan labelling the Everton supporters stupid and disloyal. It got to the stage where it seemed like every contribution referred to his intelligence and knowledge about the game as contrasted with Everton fans. Complaint after complaint lodged, and the mods did nothing and did not seem to grasp the issue. Meanwhile on the Liverpool and ManU superthreads, or indeed ordinary threads related to those clubs, one need not attack posters at all, one need only repeat something that has appeared in the media about a player or manager and that can be enough to draw a sanction.

That's just bad modding. It misses the entire point, it's ignoring valid reaction to posts attacking posters while reacting to hysterical overreaction to posts criticising the players or managers of one of 2 clubs.

Just because you disagree with someone doesn't make them a troll..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Things like the Abramovich situation are better off in their own thread than the Superthread. Of interest exists outside the superthread then it will move along.

I still think these threads need to be respectful so all fans can discuss.

Discuss is key, it should be a given that those threads are for discussion and people in to gloat or lol should be banned from the discussion thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

And he’s still at it - today! Despite this thread ongoing and a Mod warning in that thread title. Round and round we go...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

pjohnson wrote:

Having a quick look it's pretty obvious baiting and WUMing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Necrominus wrote: »
    Having a quick look it's pretty obvious baiting and WUMing though.

At this point yeah but the frothing at the mouth at the start of the year was so OTT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If we cant handle a few guys coming into a thread for a laugh or a genuine chat we shouldn't be on the internet I usually avoid the United thread for a couple hours after every defeat because I know it's going to be over the top negativity and other fans having a laugh.

Getting past what happened the other night the problems for me lie in that some posters ain't obvious trolls they are ment to be fans of said thread but they keep going over same arguments over and over again knowing they will get a response and then play victim when the majority of the thread is against them.

I'm not just talking about United thread either its obvious in the pool thread too indeed over there it can be even worse and it's also obvious on other threads.

Now ive no problem calling people out on their opinion at all if I feel I totally disagree with them but the part that gets me is the accusation ganging up on said poster if you come along with an opinion that the majority will disagree with then expect the majority to be against you.

I don't think accusations like this should be allowed if someone feels that posters are ganging up on someone report the posters to the moderator and allow them to explain themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

jayo26 wrote: »
    If we cant handle a few guys coming into a thread for a laugh or a genuine chat we shouldn't be on the internet I usually avoid the United thread for a couple hours after every defeat because I know it's going to be over the top negativity and other fans having a laugh.

Getting past what happened the other night the problems for me lie in that some posters ain't obvious trolls they are ment to be fans of said thread but they keep going over same arguments over and over again knowing they will get a response and then play victim when the majority of the thread is against them.

I'm not just talking about United thread either its obvious in the pool thread too indeed over there it can be even worse and it's also obvious on other threads.

Now ive no problem calling people out on their opinion at all if I feel I totally disagree with them but the part that gets me is the accusation ganging up on said poster if you come along with an opinion that the majority will disagree with then expect the majority to be against you.

I don't think accusations like this should be allowed if someone feels that posters are ganging up on someone report the posters to the moderator and allow them to explain themselves.

Having a lot of people disagree with you is fine. It's when they all start insulting the poster and are clearly trying to 'run them out of town' so to speak that it becomes an issue. It's just about posters been civil to each other.

e: a lot of the superthreads suffer from groupthink so anyone new who comes in with differing opinions do tend to get shut down ignored or derided. Which is not good for a forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I completely agree, jayo, it's as if boards are waiting for some sort of smoking gun or dramatic confession before they'll take meaningful action to stop an obvious troll.

Having a lot of people disagree with you is fine. It's when they all start insulting the poster and are clearly trying to 'run them out of town' so to speak that it becomes an issue. It's just about posters been civil to each other.

e: a lot of the superthreads suffer from groupthink so anyone new who comes in with differing opinions do tend to get shut down ignored or derided. Which is not good for a forum.

Well that goes back to the start of the thread on personal insults it should not be tolerated and reported.

Agree. And it is well to illustrate the poster who also mentioned it is part of some who look to be chasing one from their own out of the town.

Agree. And it is well to illustrate the poster who also mentioned it is part of some who look to be chasing one from their own out of the town.

Yes. There is a lot of passive aggression on here. Mostly used as a means of bypassing the charter. It's a hard thing to moderate but worth considering nonetheless.

Well that goes back to the start of the thread on personal insults it should not be tolerated and reported.

Unless it is goading done with the skill, so that you can't make a report that looks reasonable because the problem is an accumulation of negligibble things

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

The almost daily high jacking of the Utd thread around one persons opinions is so frustrating. I know the Arsenal thread had the same problem for a while and the user was thread banned for a time. I would love if the soapboxing rule was enforced more regularly, "X is our best player and can do no wrong" or "X has this many assists + goals" on a constant loop is soul destroying

Many threads are filled like this across boards as a whole, the worst part is that instead of actually discussing their points, they continue to shift the goalposts. It adds nothing to a discussion at all. I’d actually like to see blatant moving of goalposts as a cardable offence.

There is plenty of posters that go against the grain but give reasons and back up their points and you can see that it’s an honest opinion, even if it’s one you or the majority disagree with like Thedoc and deaddonkey in the United thread. This would be mainly aimed at people who post an opinion against the grain, get challenged on their opinion but instead of clarifying their position, post something entirely different to the ongoing discussion, it results in the thread as a whole becoming downright unreadable at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Yes. There is a lot of passive aggression on here. Mostly used as a means of bypassing the charter. It's a hard thing to moderate but worth considering nonetheless.

Between that and people continuing their passive aggression vie PM when somebody stops engaging, the whole thing becomes a bit of a pain for people who only want to come on and talk about football/their football team.

It is also tough sometimes to find the line between people sharing a genuinely held belief and someone only going in to goad or post a contrary opinion.

As a mod I know that the low level trolling breach is the hardest to give out, particularly if someone is good at it. Why should someone not be allowed to think that Alan Pardew is a good manager and that he cold take a club forward, just because it is an unpopular opinion does not mean to say it is wrong or that the individual is a troll.

Between that and people continuing their passive aggression vie PM when somebody stops engaging, the whole thing becomes a bit of a pain for people who only want to come on and talk about football/their football team.

It is also tough sometimes to find the line between people sharing a genuinely held belief and someone only going in to goad or post a contrary opinion.

As a mod I know that the low level trolling breach is the hardest to give out, particularly if someone is good at it. Why should someone not be allowed to think that Alan Pardew is a good manager and that he cold take a club forward, just because it is an unpopular opinion does not mean to say it is wrong or that the individual is a troll.

I agree in fairness, in life in general, people hold some downright weird opinions, but honestly believe them

Many threads are filled like this across boards as a whole, the worst part is that instead of actually discussing their points, they continue to shift the goalposts. It adds nothing to a discussion at all. I’d actually like to see blatant moving of goalposts as a cardable offence.

There is plenty of posters that go against the grain but give reasons and back up their points and you can see that it’s an honest opinion, even if it’s one you or the majority disagree with like Thedoc and deaddonkey in the United thread. This would be mainly aimed at people who post an opinion against the grain, get challenged on their opinion but instead of clarifying their position, post something entirely different to the ongoing discussion, it results in the thread as a whole becoming downright unreadable at times

I'm not sure how you could moderate that? It would really complicate matters in my opinion.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    And he’s still at it - today! Despite this thread ongoing and a Mod warning in that thread title. Round and round we go...

It's Everton.

It won't register here. Can you imagine the reaction if someone camped on the ManU thread for months saying "your fans are dumb and you all deserve to lose".

Anyway, the point will be lost here amidst the noise and heat generated by the nasty things said to a Liverpool mod who was jeering ManU blah blah blah.

pjohnson wrote: »

Repeatedly telling fans on a superthread that they are, collectively, stupid and thus deserve to lose is the absolute essence of trolling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Question

What happens if one poster decides to just continually report another posters posts to try and get them carded is there a check on this?

It's usually pretty clear and it comes from the Liverpool thread more often than not with two posters on both sides of the infighting in the thread.

It's the same as people searching back through post and threads looking for similar breaches to their own. They will be asked to stop by PM if it is clear they are looking for trouble - again it's usually pretty clear. Then warned/banned.

Couldn't be further from the truth but as I say if you see something report it so someone can defend themselves!!

Stuff like what you have just done is exactly a bigger issue and causes more problems then it fixes and I think that's the main aim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

dfx- wrote: »
    It's usually pretty clear and it comes from the Liverpool thread more often than not with two posters on both sides of the infighting in the thread.

It's the same as people searching back through post and threads looking for similar breaches to their own. They will be asked to stop by PM if it is clear they are looking for trouble - again it's usually pretty clear. Then warned/banned.

It's human nature to wonder why something you've done is being "punished" while someone else doing the same thing "gets away with it"

And, in fairness, it's a legit question usually.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement