Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I have not gone through the whole thread and have not gone too much into what happened last week so I will not go into it just to say I had no idea that w/o ed meant that until Sunday morning.

But for things going forward maybe it would be a suggestion for mods from other threads or who do not support a team been part of a thread (for games I mean) been the mod for that time of a big game. I am not talking specifically United Liverpool.

I think in match threads if they exist post like that was hilarious it just banter. It's like something I would mail to my friend if there team lost and may have a finite life before they close. Personal abuse should not be tolerated and there is a line of banter to abuse.

I know a slimmed down charter was said by someone and I would agree on. Just 1 more thing and I bring this up due to an instance of this last season. Mods please what ever is agreed in this feedback thread stick with it and do not do a manovers as you tried to do before the Manchester United Liverpool game.

Edit there should be cards for those who try to not answer a poster just because there grammar is not good

astradave wrote: »
    I think one of my biggest gripes while reading threads is cross thread baiting, “you’ll never guess what they are saying in the United/Pool thread.. thy are saying player A is better than player B or they are bitching about our player in Thread A” it seriously needs to be cut out.. very irritating reading through a thread and coming across those posts

Yeah, there's a lot of it at times. However, is it baiting if it's in your own teams thread? I'd rather read that then actual baiting from rival fans. I wouldn't consider Utd fans slagging Liverpool players in the Utd thread as baiting.

People reporting on what is going on in the rivals thread. Pain in the ass at times, but there's definately worse stuff going on in the Liverpool thread imo. Can't speak for other threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yeah seen that, tbh I think we should just all move on from this here now anyways

Agree completely tbh. I believe it was evident that it wasn't my intention to call him what I was accused of.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Yeah, there's a lot of it at times. However, is it baiting if it's in your own teams thread? I'd rather read that then actual baiting from rival fans. I wouldn't consider Utd fans slagging Liverpool players in the Utd thread as baiting.

People reporting on what is going on in the rivals thread. Pain in the ass at times, but there's definately worse stuff going on in the Liverpool thread imo. Can't speak for other threads.

Without sounding pedantic, surely slagging Liverpool in the United thread and vice versa is deemed off topic?
    Obviously in certain circumstances its different like if its after a match or the result effects the other team or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Off topic thing is hard to avoid there are some posters that only use the super thread and you kind of build up a friendship or at least a thrust with other regular posters and the odd time they do break off track but it's not a big thing in my opinion unless it's interrupting some major news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Without sounding pedantic, surely slagging Liverpool in the United thread and vice versa is deemed off topic?
    Obviously in certain circumstances its different like if its after a match or the result effects the other team or whatever.

I think Astradave meant slagging off what is being said in one thread in another thread. Like if I was in the United thread slagging off what a few posters were saying in the Liverpool thread. They might not read the United thread or just don’t like posting there. Kind of like bitching behind their back where they aren’t around to defend themselves. I brought this up in feedback years ago myself.

By the letter of the law maybe it is? Not sure exactly.

If the slagging isn't offensive, policing that would probably be a pain the neck. You'd nearly have to ban all chat of each others teams!

Same goes for Everton (as an example as I know you're a blue), I've seen Liverpool slagged off in there, and vice versa. If its abuse mods will sanction it.

Usually the regulars make a comment if there's too much chat about a rival team and then it dies down. In my experience anyway.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Off topic thing is hard to avoid there are some posters that only use the super thread and you kind of build up a friendship or at least a thrust with other regular posters and the odd time they do break off track but it's not a big thing in my opinion unless it's interrupting some major news.

Yeh I would agree in that regard. For example somebody posts after being on holidays. "Hope you enjoyed the holiday etc etc".

Yet on the other scale of things opening game of the season Liverpool win. United lose or vice versa. And somebody posts in the thread " Lololol they lost the opening game" etc

The off topic thread is fairly redundant now. It used to be a lot busier.

I think Astradave meant slagging off what is being said in one thread in another thread. Like if I was in the United thread slagging off what a few posters were saying in the Liverpool thread. They might not read the United thread or just don’t like posting there. Kind of like bitching behind their back where they aren’t around to defend themselves. I brought this up in feedback years ago myself.

Oh yes I understood that my point is that is that not making the United superthread off topic?

• Advertisement

Oh yes I understood that my point is that is that not making the United superthread off topic?

Technically it is I suppose. Slagging Liverpool and United in their rival threads is always going to happen. Commenting on posts is a different matter.

By the letter of the law maybe it is? Not sure exactly.

If the slagging isn't offensive, policing that would probably be a pain the neck. You'd nearly have to ban all chat of each others teams!

Same goes for Everton (as an example as I know you're a blue), I've seen Liverpool slagged off in there, and vice versa. If its abuse mods will sanction it.

Usually the regulars make a comment if there's too much chat about a rival team and then it dies down. In my experience anyway.

Yeh 100% and I completely disagree with it tbh. When I see people posting RS in the Everton forum in relation to Liverpool it's just unnecessary and pointless and off topic

Yeh 100% and I completely disagree with it tbh. When I see people posting RS in the Everton forum in relation to Liverpool it's just unnecessary and pointless and off topic

as in Red ****e. C'mon man, you're not helping yourself here :pac:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

What the hell has Raheem Sterling done to upset everybody:confused:

:pac:

Beasty wrote: »

Got a tattoo...

Yet on the other scale of things opening game of the season Liverpool win. United lose or vice versa. And somebody posts in the thread " Lololol they lost the opening game" etc

Surely that's not a problem?
    The "their obsessed" stuff in the losing team's superthread is worse imo. When lfc lose the last place I go for a read is the Utd thread TBH.... some can't help themselves though which is fair enough too.

Like, we can't forget there's a fairly healthy rivalry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Read from this one

Mediawatch special: Sterling, The Sun and racist attacks

On this link then read the other ones on him

https://www.football365.com/features/mediawatch

Mediawatch on f365 basically take the piss out of the media’s reporting

That would be of topic for this thread :)

That would be of topic for this thread :)

I think that’s his point :pac: I only copped it *facepalm*

• Advertisement

I think that’s his point :pac: I only copped it *facepalm*

It was the point hence my smiley :)

as in Red ****e. C'mon man, you're not helping yourself here :pac:

I was saying I disagree with it tho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

We all need somebody to focus our hate on, Raheem does a lot of work to fit that role. Tbh you're right though it's getting ridiculous at this point.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I hope most of the suggestions made in this thread are to be roundly ignored by mods, with some exceptions of course.

5starpool wrote: »
    I hope most of the suggestions made in this thread are to be roundly ignored by mods, with some exceptions of course.

Yeah especially that “5starpool for mod” one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Got a tattoo...
    Turned up late for England
    Had breakfast
    Shopped at poundland
    Bought his mum a nice house
    Moved from Liverpool

To be continued.....

• Advertisement

Well that certainly goes without saying!

blueser wrote: »
    Turned up late for England
    Had breakfast
    Shopped at poundland
    Bought his mum a nice house
    Moved from Liverpool

To be continued.....

Most of the criticism is ridiculous.

The criticism of him getting a tattoo of an assault rifle has merit.

The calls for him to be dropped over it are veering into the ridiculous again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Most of the criticism is ridiculous.

The criticism of him getting a tattoo of an assault rifle has merit.

The calls for him to be dropped over it are veering into the ridiculous again.
    Spot on. Raz says the tattoo isn't complete and will be viewed differently once it's finished (it's supposed to be a tribute to his father who was gunned down when he was a lad). Now whether he intended to add to the tattoo before the sh**storm this past week, or whether he feels he has to do something to placate Joe Public, is something only he knows. But, as you said, calls for him to be dropped unless he gets the tattoo removed are farcical. As for some of the other criticism; when he bought his mum a nice house, he was accused of being a flash so-and-so, showing off his wealth. Then, he was criticised when he was seen shopping in Poundland. He can't win.

Apologies for veering wildly off topic; I won't comment on Raheem again in here. It's not my intention to derail the thread.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I know you did a useful summary last year as the thread was winding up. I suggest we (I'm not asking you, we can look to do it at mod level) try and provide something similar this year. Where there are mixed feelings, and the Mods, CMods (and indeed Admins!) have no issues with it either way, maybe we could run polls (perhaps for material suggestions)

I know you did a useful summary last year as the thread was winding up. I suggest we (I'm not asking you, we can look to do it at mod level) try and provide something similar this year. Where there are mixed feelings, and the Mods, CMods (and indeed Admins!) have no issues with it either way, maybe we could run polls (perhaps for material suggestions)

Polls sound like a bad idea to me. Feedback should be evaluated by mods and admins with their knowledge of boards and this forum, with flexibility to change if needed afterwards. Polls are just a rod for your backs in this situation.

It is impossible to please everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

why aren't you a mod already, you beautiful level headed bastard you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

What is the Craic during the season if somebody (or groups) have either suggestions or concerns about perceived mod bias/inconsistency ? Same with individuals who might feel a mod is singling them out. Maybe this has been answered but wasnt sure if it has been addressed.

Is there anything to be said for maybe opening feedback every month or two? Means that you are less likely to have such a build up leading to what happened last week. Also means football threads are less likely to regularly about these issues. In short, release any pent up pressure and insist that it’s kept in the regular feedback thread!

Who knows you might actually get positive feedback! Also, having summary’s of previous feedback would mean people could give feedback on progress and add or amend to same.

I know there is a “mods Are volunteers “ point but isn’t it possible that preventing or reducing the need for correcting people will make a mods job easier in the long run?

Polls sound like a bad idea to me. Feedback should be evaluated by mods and admins with their knowledge of boards and this forum, with flexibility to change if needed afterwards. Polls are just a rod for your backs in this situation.

It is impossible to please everyone.
    I understand that. I'm not suggesting polls for everything. However there may be some issues where there's a balance of views, perhaps tending towards changing something. Rather than take that based on stronger feelings expressed in this thread, I think a poll could give the opportunity for what is essentially wider input (including those who maybe don't post their views in this thread)

I'm only talking maybe one or two issues, and again I'm only bouncing ideas around

Drumpot wrote: »

Is there anything to be said for maybe opening feedback every month or two? Means that you are less likely to have such a build up leading to what happened last week. Also means football threads are less likely to regularly about these issues. In short, release any pent up pressure and insist that it’s kept in the regular feedback thread!
    I don't think it is a good idea. The danger is something crops up and a bandwagon starts without necessarily enough thought being given (heat of the moment stuff, like what happened in the CL final just before this thread was opened up)

I also don't think the mods would appreciate having to accommodate something like this when they are also dealing with issues during the season. It's held in the close season for a reason

I would add though there may be an argument for one-offs, as effectively happened this season when I (clearly against the views of the larger part of the userbase) put forward a proposal to re-trial forcing match discussion in match threads. It caused aa stink and the mods allowed discussion and the decision was overturned before implementation

EDIT: Just to add, suggestions to improve the forum are always welcome. PM the mods and they will consider it, and if something minor may look to change things there and then, but typically it can be difficult keeping track of too many changes, and keeping them to the close season is usually a much more "user-friendly" option

Drumpot wrote: »
    What is the Craic during the season if somebody (or groups) have either suggestions or concerns about perceived mod bias/inconsistency ? Same with individuals who might feel a mod is singling them out. Maybe this has been answered but wasnt sure if it has been addressed

Think you can open a thread in the overall help desk/ feedback(not sure which one) if there is issues with mods, there is a heading for “moderator issue” I think. Then the admins will review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think you'd be a great mod
    I'm horribly drunk and it's lucky it's a bank holiday
    all the above is true
    is it a bank holiday?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think you'd be a great mod
    I'm horribly drunk and it's lucky it's a bank holiday
    all the above is true
    is it a bank holiday?

It's Wednesday mate :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I think yermanden would be an awesome mod.
    Rarely posts but is around (thanker of posts but writer of little) so nobody can accuse them of bias.

Astradave would be a fantastic mod. All round nice guy never gets abusive and rarely confrontational.

#makeboardsgreatagain

#astradaveformod

#feedbackthreadisofftopic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The real question is who in their right mind would actually accept a modship??

:D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Exactly haha.

wtfih.gif

wtfih.gif

Trying get you a fantastic new job. I hear the bonus package is ment to be fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Trying get you a fantastic new job. I hear the bonus package is ment to be fantastic.

Somebody saying fantastic that much about a job can only mean it's fantastic. Go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

the most recent bout of things that annoyed me on the site in general both happened on the Jastine Valdez and also the referendum threads (both of these threads dealt with issues much more important than supporting football). I don't know how many times I ended up reporting posts that were really uncalled for in both of the threads (yes a couple of posters were able to post for an extended period of time but they were dealt with).

Why can we not have the soccer forum work in the same sort of way self policing by being adults and report the posts and then we just need a total level of consistency with regards to the name calling etc that happened last week. Would it be an option to have a thread where there is a listing of users who got infractions and the reasons for them? Then if there is cases where users did not receive an infraction then we report based on lack of consistency? (just thoughts)

And canvassing should autodisqualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

And canvassing should autodisqualify.

Far as I know it does

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Ah I’ve settled down now, the coke and hookers would be no use to me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Tippex wrote: »
    (just thoughts)

Hey I get thoughts aswell!!!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Far as I know it does

Oh. I was going to promote me :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement