Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback Thread 2018

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It all getting a little petty now.

I can see how that narrative has been consistently pushed by certain fans...

“ I’ve noticed My team gets slagged when we do well”

Followed by

“Sure can’t we all get along and not be petty”.

Starting with a general baseless insinuation about certain fans and finishing off in a self righteous tone that implies balance and impartiality. If there is one thing worse then being petty it’s pretending to be taking the high road while simultaneously putting down others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I posted in the United thread that I was having discussions in the repeal thread in AH.
    Mods let heated debate go but as soon as anyone called names or acted the bollix they were gone.
    It could be the way forward for the soccer forum,give a bit of leeway but if you cross the line then have a scale for bans,eg. The Humour thread. "Chat = 24 HR ban". Let there be similar in the rest of the forum. Eg, use a derogatory nickname, 24 HR ban etc. Keep at it then the longer the ban each time.
    Not just a visual thing of seeing a yellow card icon,put in a quick note to tell the carded poster of their punishment there and then.

Actually i think this is a great idea of course !! Let the banter and what not fly but when someone comes in to derail or troll a thread boom they are gone for 24hrs and maybe 3 of these and you are gone off the soccer forum completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

More mod discretion would be a mess. Two mods may decide completely actions on identical infractions. So who is right?

Just write the rules properly and then enforce them. No disagreements can arise. And if you can't stay within the rules then adios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

We all want banter let it flow no harm in it just cut out personal abuse to other posters and give as good as you get and learn to take what you dish out and it's all grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

jayo26 wrote: »
    learn to take what you dish out and it's all grand.

Literally, both sets of fans don't do this and it will never happen. As soon as one person starts it's just pages and pages of utter nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think its time to close the thread and take what has been suggested back to the Mods/Cmods/Admins and we'll take it from there.

An update will be posted in due course and any changes implemented will be outlined within.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement