Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Lord TSC is not a soccer forum mod anymore so how is any of this relevant?

I'll rephrase it then.

His time as a SF mod very likely harmed the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The context here is that there should be no excuses for the type of clear and direct abuse that has already been quoted. There should be no situations where it is acceptable to call somebody a cunt, a scumbag, a peado.

That level of abuse should be a red card regardless of any context, which is probably why the charter already says that personal abuse is a red card.

Try to justify it all you want, try to deflect by questioning motives all you want, the question remains a very clear and simple one, why were clear and obvious red card offences only given yellow cards?

I've provided what I think the answer was, and I agree with the decision on that basis. I'm sure if you PM Zaph directly he might give you more information...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

The United thread is seeing less and less users and over the weekend quite a few regular posters who've been around years said enough is enough and are either leaving or just not bothering posting on it.

Perhaps if there was less Liverpool obsession in there, they'd stay around ? Look at the first few pages of the new Manchester United thread that was opened. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The way I see it, theres probably 3 ways to approach the charter and continued use of the forum.

1 - follow it to the letter : would result in lots of cards/bans and I dont think it would work TBH.
    2 - allow a free for all : Boards wont allow it, first off, but lets say it happens, then you're posting in a void where people are just name calling and being dicks 100% of the time and it turns into a battle ground without much debate other than childish insults and WUMing. As it stands that doesnt happen very often.
    3 - Continue as is, trust the mods and the 99% of good posters: The charter is hardly perfect and not everything is actioned but just because it isnt doesnt mean its gone unnoticed either, the majority of posters here arent out to troll and point score either. We all know we're not going to co-exist in a perfect utopia of a forum, its far too divided for that and soccer at its very core is tribalistic but try at least be considerate when posting and go back to the Boards rule, "dont be a d**k"

If you aren't actioning as the charter suggests you should, what is the point of the charter? It's explicit in what infringements should get what penalty. Unwritten rules, or lack of consistency help no one. If you think the charter is too prescriptive change it. Having a set of rules that may or may not be enforced depending on the day that's in it helps no one.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Feedback: Please clarify the rules for thread titles, and if/why it only applies to the soccer forum.

There were a lot of lies and fake excuses used when that was implemented. The rugby forum on the other hand has great thread titles for the Leinster/Munster/Ulster/Connacht season threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I think we can all hope a mod never goes looking for a reaction in that way again. Assuming that isn't the context of a situation,

So, if I think a mod is looking for a reaction I am justified in calling him a ****, a scumbag, a peado? Great.

Except no, because that is ridiculous.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lord TSC is not a soccer forum mod anymore so how is any of this relevant?

To be blunt, there was a core group of Pool fans who NEVER liked me, bemoaned every card I ever gave out, took constant pot shots at me when they could, never really tried to get them overturned mind, but seem to resent any United based mod moderating them and has seen a chance to get some public shots in....

That Md shows he still clearly hasn't moved on from that, despite the fact I've not been a mod for over a year, sums that up tbh. It's Trump still bemoaning Hillary :pac:

MD1990 wrote: »
    I'll rephrase it then.

His time as a SF mod very likely harmed the forum.

To make this point relevant you'd have to articulate what behaviours he demonstrated that the current mod team share and need to change going forward imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

It didn’t. It literally says it in the mod note.

I don't know the context, but if there was something previous then that should have seen him banned if appropriate, not the quoted post.

As is, it's suggested that the quoted post was straw that broke the camels back. That post seems absolutely fine though.

Anyway, I don't know the context so I won't fight someone else's battle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

And you don't see it is just like this in the Manchester thread?

Subsets of both fanbases think the other side gets favourable treatment, the reality is that they're no different other than the name of the team they support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think the biggest issue on the forum is the Liverpool and Utd rivalry and both fans perceiving both teams' to be sh1t, both teams' signings unneccessary, overpriced and poor. Both teams' managers to be clowns, both teams' seasons to better than each others, etc.

As a result there are some posters relishing jumping into a superthread or match thread when a rival loses a game and throwing grenades and getting aggressive reactions.

I think a lot of this stems from general unfamiliarity between a lot of posters who may only cross in match threads against each other or the odd post in the superthread.

Would it be an idea to create a separate Superthread for Man Utd/Liverpool teams and both sets of fans could discuss each teams developments under strict trolling rules and it may lead to more harmony and understanding in the future?

Just an idea, maybe some would find it stupid but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Has anything been said about match threads yet?

I know as a United fan I have no interest in posting in the match thread for there matchs . I'd usually talk in the United thread about the game as so many other posters also do.

Im sure there's plenty of other fans of other clubs doing the very same.

Most people when they go down the pub to watch a game there might be bit of slagging between there mates or rival fans round the place in most cases it's all just bit of crack.

Here though the match threads especially United and Liverpool ones have turned into how can we wind up our rivals for the next few hours. Until it gets to a point where its personal.

You know if you go in there it's gonna drop to a certain level fairly fast if a certain team loses or goes behind.

It's gotten to the point do we really need this during and after every game? The big games especially are causing massive issues threw out the soccer forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lord TSC wrote: »
    To be blunt, there was a core group of Pool fans who NEVER liked me, bemoaned every card I ever gave out, took constant pot shots at me when they could, never really tried to get them overturned mind, but seem to resent any United based mod moderating them and has seen a chance to get some public shots in....

That Md shows he still clearly hasn't moved on from that, despite the fact I've not been a mod for over a year, sums that up tbh. It's Trump still bemoaning Hillary :pac:

And now they will claim to see nothing. Yep. This is going about as effective as it could.

Has anything been said about match threads yet?

I know as a United fan I have no interest in posting in the match thread for there matchs . I'd usually talk in the United thread about the game as so many other posters also do.

Im sure there's plenty of other fans of other clubs doing the very same.

Most people when they go down the pub to watch a game there might be bit of slagging between there mates or rival fans round the place in most cases it's all just bit of crack.

Here though the match threads especially United and Liverpool ones have turned into how can we wind up our rivals for the next few hours. Until it gets to a point where its personal.

You know if you go in there it's gonna drop to a certain level fairly fast if a certain team loses or goes behind.

It's gotten to the point do we really need this during and after every game? The big games especially are causing massive issues threw out the soccer forum.

Much rather have that occur in a shared space separate to the superthreads though? It's football like, people are going to be happy their rivals are losing. The match threads are useful for sucking all that up and leaving more substantive discussion to the super threads. That is their function.

Bottom line is that people can't run away on a shared forum from all negative posting about their team, particularly after a notably disappointing result. I for one am happy for the majority of that to play out in match threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

If you aren't actioning as the charter suggests you should, what is the point of the charter? It's explicit in what infringements should get what penalty. Unwritten rules, or lack of consistency help no one. If you think the charter is too prescriptive change it. Having a set of rules that may or may not be enforced depending on the day that's in it helps no one.

THIS. I can't believe that wasn't even one of the options suggested by GavRedKing. No wonder you have people accusing mods of picking on a certain person or groups when every mod is applying a charter at their discretion. Take out the red card for personal abuse if you don't implement it. Take out the card for thanking abuse if you don't implement it. Give the mods some discretion if that is your preference (and they probably should have) BUT lay out that that is a thing in the charter.

Bottom line is that people can't run away on a shared forum from all negative posting about their team, particularly after a notably disappointing result. I for one am happy for the majority of that to play out in match threads.

Except for a CL final when "emotions" void the charter of course and actions arent susceptible to the normal consequences.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think the biggest issue on the forum is the Liverpool and Utd rivalry and both fans perceiving both teams' to be sh1t, both teams' signings unneccessary, overpriced and poor. Both teams' managers to be clowns, both teams' seasons to better than each others, etc.

As a result there are some posters relishing jumping into a superthread or match thread when a rival loses a game and throwing grenades and getting aggressive reactions.

I think a lot of this stems from general unfamiliarity between a lot of posters who may only cross in match threads against each other or the odd post in the superthread.

Would it be an idea to create a separate Superthread for Man Utd/Liverpool teams and both sets of fans could discuss each teams developments under strict trolling rules and it may lead to more harmony and understanding in the future?

Just an idea, maybe some would find it stupid but you never know.

The biggest issue (in United and Liverpool threads) is the limited number who see things the way you describe and the ones who jump to the other thread only when they have bad results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd welcome any suggestions to changing the charter it anyway, especially if it helps the forum.

I'd imagine Mods/Posters alike would welcome some change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Much rather have that occur in a shared space separate to the superthreads though? It's football like, people are going to be happy their rivals are losing. The match threads are useful for sucking all that up and leaving more substantive discussion to the super threads. That is their function.

Got to agree, the match threads, while allowing discussions to happen on the superthreads also is the way to go.

• Advertisement

I get that but it's become an exclusive place to take piss out of each other.

You obviously want to have a bit of back and forth while watching a match but it gets buried in bull**** point scoring far to often.

If the soccer forum is to get better there needs to be something done about the bull**** going on between certain fans the match threads more often then not are the breathing ground for a lot the crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

That has its merits but again seems contrary to the current charter :
    Superthreads are threads designed for discussion of a specific team or in some cases a specific league.

They are NOT solely for the fans of that team/league and any suggestion otherwise will not be tolerated.

(One of the few passages BOLDED in the charter...)

pjohnson wrote: »
    Except for a CL final when "emotions" void the charter of course and actions arent susceptible to the normal consequences.

Nah, not what I said and you know it. Had mr.mac posted what he did in the match thread we wouldn't be having this discussion, it would have played out entirely differently.

I'd welcome any suggestions to changing the charter it anyway, especially if it helps the forum.

I'd imagine Mods/Posters alike would welcome some change.

The charter should ONLY include rules that are enforced. Is that not the whole point of it?

Is there anything to be said for opening the forum for the upcoming WC, its been done for Euros and WCs in the past.

I know recently someone said it would be a bad idea but now is the time to speak about it.

Nah, not what I said and you know it. Had mr.mac posted what he did in the match thread we wouldn't be having this discussion, it would have played out entirely differently.

I'm still not sure how Mr. Macs comment made calling Mick a nonce acceptable tbh.

• Advertisement

ShooterSF wrote: »
    That has its merits but again seems contrary to the current charter :

(One of the few passages BOLDED in the charter...)

I am aware of that in the charter and I appreciate the theory of it but I've always thought it goes against the way people think in practice. The long history of the forum bears that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The opposing arguments are above should you wish to see them. Utd fans are not some oppressed minority population on the forum suffering constant injustices and hypocrisies because the powers that be adjudge there to be a:

"a cohort of posters in the Liverpool thread that are deemed too valuable to ban"

That's mad stuff. I don't doubt there's a vocal minority of regulars in the Utd thread who believe this, but so what? I've been posting here for over 11 years, and it simply isn't the case. Opr was an exceptional poster, a Liverpool fan but he was permanently banned. Nuri Sahin had a huge following, he's gone. And there are plenty more over the years.

But once you get into your way of thinking it becomes a self defeating spiral. Because your behaviour will be influenced by it; that behaviour will receive sanction; and it will confirm your view. I don't particularly care to disabuse you of your view, I only care that it doesn't incorrectly inform moderator policy for the forum as a whole.

I won't go into the whole Nuri Sahin thing and why he was banned but he deserved it and good riddance. He was one of the ringleaders of a clique in that thread.
    There's a few remaining,some under new names. It's easy to see who's who going by the ones who rush to thank each others posts.
    It's become a running joke about 'the neutrals' arriving into United match threads and the superthread as soon as United don't win a game. No we aren't snowflakes but a bit of consistent moderation wouldn't go astray. We end up walking on eggshells when engaging with Liverpool fans on here yet ye can say whatever you want.
    Of course each thread has characters who think of themselves as the most important fan on the site but there's a nastiness with a certain amount of Liverpool fans and it was nice to see it exposed on Saturday night. The true colours were all on show for everyone to see except those that should have taken action and handed out bans. It's funny how they'd been on the wum time and again yet when it came down to losing the biggest game in years they couldn't take it.
    The multiple times of selective modding came home to roost on Saturday night and the perception of turning a blind eye to the carry on of certain posters was truly exposed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

I just dont see what the Mods and Admins are expecting from the Soccer Forum

Its a forum of biased opinions.

What some people see as opinions, Others see as trolling.

Some Mods are biased to teams, Others dont even post in the forum except to swing a ban hammer.

There is a complete disconnect in Moderation because it is not One Voice.

Mods seem to Mod as they see fit rather then follow guidelines.

You`re never going to get Robotic mundane Chat in this forum like most other Forums on Boards.

Is there anything to be said for opening the forum for the upcoming WC, its been done for Euros and WCs in the past.

I know recently someone said it would be a bad idea but now is the time to speak about it.

Is there any way to keep said posters to just the WC threads?

I won't go into the whole Nuri Sahin thing and why he was banned but he deserved it and good riddance. He was one of the ringleaders of a clique in that thread.
    There's a few remaining,some under new names. It's easy to see who's who going by the ones who rush to thank each others posts.
    It's become a running joke about 'the neutrals' arriving into United match threads and the superthread as soon as United don't win a game.
    Of course each thread has characters who think of themselves as the most important fan on the site but there's a nastiness with a certain amount of Liverpool fans and it was nice to see it exposed on Saturday night. The true colours were all on show for everyone to see except those that should have taken action and handed out bans. It's funny how they'd been on the wum time and again yet when it came down to losing the biggest game in years they couldn't take it.
    The multiple times of selective modding came home to roost on Saturday night and the perception of turning a blind eye to the carry on of certain posters was truly exposed.

Whatever man, we're going to have to agree to disagree (though I completely agree that Nuri deserved his ban, but it disproves any notion of key Liverpool posters being beyond the rules). Most of the above is nonsense in my opinion, and a little weird to tell you the truth.

• Advertisement

World Cup sub forum with unrestricted access?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

astradave wrote: »
    Got to agree, the match threads, while allowing discussions to happen on the superthreads also is the way to go.

I agree, in a match thread there tends to be banter that strays across the line of banter into abuse. I'd rather discuss a game in the team thread so I don't have to engage in that.

I think it's a great idea, I believe that in the past it worked out quite well. It also avoids other forums having to have football threads shoe horned into them.

pjohnson wrote: »
    The charter should ONLY include rules that are enforced. Is that not the whole point of it?

So, for argument sake, we chop out a rule because it wasnt enforced recently, someone breaches that "old rule" in the following weeks and is reported, do we not action now because its out of the charter or do we use our discretion to action it accordingly because its trolling/WUMing/Flaming?

FWIW, if we could just card under the "dont be a d**k rule" it would save everyone a lot of time and effort but I cant imagine everyone would go for that blasé attitude to what could be carded without some guidelines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MD1990 wrote: »
    I
    A Liverpool poster who posts negative about a Man Utd topic is deemed trolling in your eyes. Under your moderation the SF has become much less active. That says a alot.

That's not true, I post plenty in the United thread and whether it's negative, positive and or general thoughts I'd often get a few comments or a short discussion.

Not once have I been told I'm trolling when I've posted anything negative over there by Mods or posters. I've taken the piss plenty of times in good nature and have had plenty of "banter" with regulars over there.

Do you know why? Because I'm not an assh0le to anyone. And a lot of times to me it seems that people just assume someone is automatically trolling when they see a name and just jump the gun. This happens in every forum.

If posters could show a little cop on and acted like adults there would be a lot less, cards/bans, a lot less baiting/trolling, more discussion and more good natured joking/taking the piss.

I'd see no problem tbh.

Provided Moderators make sure no "humorous" new account heads straight for the United/Pool thread with "UNITED/POOL ARE SHÍTE HAHA"

Once trolls are swiftly dealt with no problems should arise.

Is there any way to keep said posters to just the WC threads?
    World Cup sub forum with unrestricted access?
    Boom_Bap wrote: »

I think it's a great idea, I believe that in the past it worked out quite well. It also avoids other forums having to have football threads shoe horned into them.

Good ideas, I'm not sure how long or if its feasible to setup one up.

I'll certainly pitch it to the Admins this afternoon and keep ye posted about a sub forum that could be locked after the WC is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Whatever man, we're going to have to agree to disagree. Most of the above is nonsense in my opinion, and a little weird to tell you the truth.

So you deny that certain posters cause sh1t and get away with it?
    You'd have made a great comical Ali, "nothing to see here, everything is fine". While in the background the natives are running amok unchecked.

So bascially let all the "banter" between fans happen in the match thread. And then there's the option for fans of that club to talk about the game in the super threads. That way everyone's happy.

Then bascially no bull**** allowed in rivals threads during or after the game then?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'm going to say this for a final time, the specifics of the de-modding of MrMac84 are not for discussion here. I have no problem with specific action being used to highlight specific issues, but in the case of MrMac84 the de-modding was absolutely nothing to do with local mods. If anyone wishes to raise issues specific to that decision please PM an Admin or start a thread in the Help Desk Forum. Anything started in the feedback forum will be either closed or moved to the Help Desk

On the specifics of the CL final, I will readily admit I have not seen the match. I was on a ferry keeping up to date with what was going on by logging on here. Since then I've been busy with my own sports activities and work, only getting back to Dublin in the early hours of this morning

Clearly the events of the past coupe of weeks have contributed to further polarisation of the forum. United and Liverpool both losing finals in quick succession was always going to result in problems. I have little doubt some of the mods were more focussed on the match than trying to deal with the escalating issues here on Saturday. Modding that sort of stuff real-time is always going to be very difficult no matter how many mods you have. However I will just throw in a couple of stats to highlight how active the Soccer mods have been. There were around 120 posts in the Soccer Forum reported in the 48 hours or so from the start of the match. In the same period about 65 cards were handed out by the mods (I don't have any figures for bans to hand). You may not have seen all of that at the time, as he threads were obviously moving on very rapidly and the mods had some catching up to do.

It may be that they have missed some actionable posts. In the context of those figures I would not be at all surprised. If anyone feels something still needs dealing with please report it rather than trying to get your message across here

On the topic of the charter, it has grown largely based on feedback in these threads. I definitely think it is now way too cumbersome and needs to be streamlined. It's not an easy task, as many posters have their pet hates that may have been dealt with by specific rules. The forum had definitely become a place where the "letter" of the law was relied on more than its "spirit". That is not necessarily bad, but then we saw feedback at both local and site levels asking for some moderation of moderation, and perhaps cutting back a bit on intervention

I personally would prefer to see more discretion available to and adopted by mods, but that unfortunately that can often result in accusations of bias. We know there are low level trolls (on both sides of the "big divide" in particular), who seek to skirt within the rules, and strict application of the rules does unfortunately help facilitate that. Again I think mod discretion can help out, and indeed imposing thread bans is one way that can be exercised. In AH and elsewhere such bans tend to be limited as threads quieten down. That's not the case with Superthreads and we would need to consider whether such bans should be outright (which could alleviate the low level troll issue) or for set periods. Perhaps a combination of both could be considered

It's all a big shame in many ways, as I think the forum is much stronger when we see proper interaction between fans of different clubs in Superthreads and indeed match threads. I don't like the idea of posters thing their Superthread belongs to them, and "guests" from particular clubs are not welcome

Ultimately though this is down to the behaviour of the userbase, and maybe if we can curtail a handful of what might be considered "bad apples" hopefully it will make the forum more enjoyable for everyone else

You'd have made a great comical Ali, "nothing to see here, everything is fine". While in the background the natives are running amok unchecked.

I don't deny that for a single second, I just strongly contest the idea that Utd fans are being unfairly sanctioned for it or are above it in some way. As noted above, both threads and sets of fans are very similar.

• Advertisement

So bascially let all the "banter" between fans happen in the match thread. And then there's the option for fans of that club to talk about the game in the super threads. That way everyone's happy.

Then bascially no bull**** allowed in rivals threads during or after the game then?

That's how it used to work, and it was better than this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

The point is that your bias claims are totally without merit, both fanbases are one and the same as far as I'm concerned, and I've seen nothing to convince me otherwise.

You are right about certain posters of course, and that's why we're discussing ideas like thread bans for those posters.

So, for argument sake, we chop out a rule because it wasnt enforced recently, someone breaches that "old rule" in the following weeks and is reported, do we not action now because its out of the charter or do we use our discretion to action it accordingly because its trolling/WUMing/Flaming?

FWIW, if we could just card under the "dont be a d**k rule" it would save everyone a lot of time and effort but I cant imagine everyone would go for that blasé attitude to what could be carded without some guidelines

Surely that would still be a rule though and it would be actioned accordingly.

As the soccer forum is restricted access the must surely be a database with the users that have access? Maybe a mail shot/pm at the start of the season with the revised charter to all members, then there is no excuse for people not knowing the new charter

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'll certainly pitch it to the Admins this afternoon and keep ye posted about a sub forum that could be locked after the WC is done.
    I'm pretty sure we can't have an unrestricted access sub-forum of the main Soccer Forum, but we could certainly consider one sitting alongside the forum, Access Requests, Tickets & Travel etc.

Lloyd, I do respect you as a poster but I really don’t think you are looking at this objectively and free of any bias. Even looking at the context or history of the discussion/poster, free reign should not be given to allow abuse that was seen on Saturday. It will set a terrible predicament, and will see the forum as a whole descend into a farce.

Calling someone a scumbag, nonce, paedo or that they should be on the sex offender register, should not just be frowned upon, it should have a zero tolerance policy. Having such a policy will allow for discussion to thrive imo

But thats not the whole story though is it. The situation seemed to have calmed down by Sunday mid-day but the mod in question came in with some more baiting comments that led to him being called out (rightly IMO) by other posters. One of these was a Utd supporter.

Beasty wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure we can't have an unrestricted access sub-forum of the main Soccer Forum, but we could certainly consider one sitting alongside the forum, Access Requests, Tickets & Travel etc.

Thanks for the info Beasty. :)

That's how it used to work, and it was better than this year.

Why was it changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ah the annual waste of time thread. I just lurk these days but Saturday was the worse I've seen it for abuse.

Probably better off closing this thread down since only certain feedback is allowed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

You'd have made a great comical Ali, "nothing to see here, everything is fine".

Could not the same assertion be applied to you - you are coming across as that the problem only exists with Liverpool fans on here and "there's nothing to see here" with regard to Man Utd fans ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Mods need to address why the charter wasn't followed on Saturday night regarding the personal abuse.

If mods are making their own rules and going against the charter then they shouldn't be mods.

If my memory serves me right from Sunday the very first mod post about the whole issue was in the United thread saying to stop the Liverpool chat when the mod post should have been in the Liverpool thread Saturday night when people were being called sex offenders, cnuts, scumbags etc. Instead that mod post came a whole day later to the Liverpool thread and it was basically nothing.

That shows the major inconsistencies in the moderation.

At the end of the day, mods don't want to ban their mates and that is what it looks like is happening here for the last while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement