Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

oh, well fcuk me so! I thought he was and took all his comments as being a position being held by the mod team.

Nuts to me and my idiocy so!

I think he was a long time ago iirc. If someone could just clear it up then we could get back to actual feedback maybe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

5starpool wrote: »
    I've been saying for years that less rules and more trust in mod interpretation of this smaller amount of rules is what was needed.

On the big discussion point in here my 2c are:
    1. The former mod in question should have been aware of how his post would have been perceived.
    2. The comments given his way, and Micks's were way out of line and deserved harsher sanction in some cases.
    3. The reason this former mod should have been aware of how his post would have been taken were some of his previous interjections into the Liverpool thread, some of whch resulted in some bizarre cards (including one to me that he refused to rescind but was removed quickly by others who saw how bizarre it was) and some terrible modding style in there.
    4. Lots of knickers have lots of twists in them. Calmer heads should prevail and not think that 'that other lot' are better/worse than your own lot, when in reality it is 2 sides of the same coin.

Were the comments directed towards MrMac and Mick red card offences ? You're comments only imply that they were wrong but no one else was out of line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

RobertKK wrote: »
    This is the mod team: Forum Mods: Amirani, dfx-, GavRedKing, Nixonbot, SlickRic, Thanx 4 The Fish, Turtwig
    Category Mods: GavRedKing, Mickeroo, Steve

The CL final was the biggest night of the year, where were all these mods on the night?
    The site had Mac take a fall for others who were not around to mod, and surely all have to take responsibility for that?
    I think the rest got away very lightly in this regard, and have Mac as the sacrificial lamb as a cover for a lack of modding by others.

In fairness to the gang, moderation isn't a job. It's a volunteering position that stops the place turning into a **** show.

I think its a bit much asking why people weren't sitting at a computer on Saturday night ready to take action.

Although I do assume there is good communication going on between the lot that maybe check in to see who is free when, as its not difficult to pinpoint various "high risk periods" during the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Were the comments directed towards MrMac and Mick red card offences ? You're comments only imply that they were wrong but no one else was out of line

Harsher sanction than Yellow Card, would be Red Card.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

How does it say that? I specifically said they were out of line and deserved harsher sanction in some cases, same with some posts towards mick.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I don't agree with this I think fans mixing is a great thing the rules just need to be enforced it's that simple.

There are a few pool posters that constantly post in the United thread and are always welcomed titiangetm is one of them he never gets abused or laughed out of it. Nialo comes in and he gets a bit of banter thrown at him but he is never abused or called names but he engages on the banter and gives as good as he gets but it's nearly always good natured.

The boundary is the abuse that's not acceptable and it shouldn't be tolerated if it's in the charges it should be auctioned and that's it no it's or butts.

If fans weren't allowed go from one forum to another I wouldn't post.

Ah come on now jayo. You good as wanted me out of the Utd thread on Sunday. It was just a bit of banter originally when I came in with the Paul Scholes pic which some of you seemed quite thin skinned about. Those 'trivial things' you didn't want to talk about (and which you attempted to deflect away from IMO) turned out to be quite serious at the end of the day since they ended up with a de-modding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

5starpool wrote: »
    I've been saying for years that less rules and more trust in mod interpretation of this smaller amount of rules is what was needed.

On the big discussion point in here my 2c are:
    1. The former mod in question should have been aware of how his post would have been perceived.
    2. The comments given his way, and Micks's were way out of line and deserved harsher sanction in some cases.
    3. The reason this former mod should have been aware of how his post would have been taken were some of his previous interjections into the Liverpool thread, some of whch resulted in some bizarre cards (including one to me that he refused to rescind but was removed quickly by others who saw how bizarre it was) and some terrible modding style in there.
    4. Lots of knickers have lots of twists in them. Calmer heads should prevail and not think that 'that other lot' are better/worse than your own lot, when in reality it is 2 sides of the same coin.

5starpool for mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah come on now jayo. You good as wanted me out of the Utd thread on Sunday. It was just a bit of banter originally when I came in with the Paul Scholes pic which some of you seemed quite thin skinned about. Those 'trivial things' you didn't want to talk about (and which you attempted to deflect away from IMO) turned out to be quite serious at the end of the day since they ended up with a de-modding.

Yep. We know calling someone "nasty" is quite serious. Way more serious than calling someone a nonce. This has been well established!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

MD1990 wrote: »
    I'll rephrase it then.

His time as a SF mod very likely harmed the forum.

Explain how?

If your going to ignore, and be allowed to ignore the op then you may as well actually provide a coherent argument to support your assertion.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

One thing that I don't understand is how people are stating that people shouldn't look at moderators as "our mod" because they support the same team, and then in the next breath explain the actions of the Liverpool supporters on Saturday night as being caused by a mod who supports another team baiting them. It is clear as day that they reacted like that because of who he supported, so let's not go down a fantasyland utopian route that doesn't actually exist.

I will state that I wasn't MrMac's biggest fan, and would probably agree that he wasn't suitable as a mod (not just over Saturday's incident) but the handling of that situation was hilariously inept. Hanging him out to dry in a stickied post to be thanked by a load of grown men who behaved like children and called people reprehensible names was a pretty shoddy way of treating somebody that gave their time to this board, whether you likes him or not.

The soccer mods have a job on their hands to try to figure out how they play this going forward. I can tell you that there is one mod in particular who really dislikes Mourinho and often comes into Manchester United threads and match threads to tell us how finished Mourinho is at the top level, normally after big losses. His posts are not trolling, he believes what he says, but a line has been drawn in the sand and moderator behaviour has been put up for debate by the actions you have taken.

As for how the personal abuse has been handled, you effectively allowed a member of the forum to be bullied and be called reprehensible things with little to no repercussions for their behaviour. That is a shocking precedent to set for other members of this forum and something you guys should seriously review as part of your after action on what went on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Omackeral wrote: »
    I think Nixon is right. Example, I’d have zero affiliation to any EPL team but I love watching it. I couldn’t give a toss who wins any given match in the Premiership but love watching the football that’s on offer. Certainly wouldn’t have any loyalty to Liverpool or United not would I have any hatred of either of them.

I’m a Bohs fan so if I was a moderator I’d actively avoid any League of Ireland threads as there would be a conflict of interest there.

Just on matchthreads, I’d consider the postings to be on par with comments made as if one were at the match. Very natural and quickly typed out comments to mirror barbs tossed out as if you were there in the ground. So I think if emotions run high at a fella being sent off (for example) it could be deemed less worthy of a card than if it were to happen in a super thread or post game.

Thinly veiled I want moderator privileges post? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

astradave wrote: »
    Just on this, did you follow the DPR or just leave it as that, if you did what was the outcome and if you didn’t why not if you felt it was justified. I find a lot of posters(not aimed at you) tend to vent at the mod instead of following the guidelines and getting the card overturned

It was only a yellow and wasnt that pushed kinda made me say this place is getting out of hand.

The comment was that coutinho was being called a bad player and i commented back saying you rate pogba who is a youtube football with a crap haircut.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yep. We know calling someone "nasty" is quite serious. Way more serious than calling someone a nonce. This has been well established!

I'd agree, especially when 'fans' arrive outside a player's house wearing balaclavas upset about a footballing issue and that players wife and child are in the house too. Getting called a nonce on an anonymous internet forum by comparison? Get a grip.........

Its hard to shake the impression Utd fans are furiously playing the violins here as well. 'Oh, you would never see the likes of this on the Utd forum'. That's so funny tbh. The personal abuse was the fault of INDIVIDUALS. Let them be dealt with accordingly as per the charter. Leave the insinuations that one fanbase is somehow above the other outside the door altogether.

I'd agree, especially when 'fans' arrive outside a player's house wearing balaclavas upset about a footballing issue and that players wife and child are in the house too. Getting called a nonce on an anonymous internet forum by comparison? Get a grip.........

Its hard to shake the impression Utd fans are furiously playing the violins here as well. 'Oh, you would never see the likes of this on the Utd forum'. That's so funny tbh. The personal abuse was the fault of INDIVIDUALS. Let them be dealt with accordingly as per the charter. Leave the insinuations that one fanbase is somehow above the other outside the door altogether.

This is the whole point. This never happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That's not what I said I had no problems with you been there I pointed out that you spent your morning in the United thread and not in the pool thread it wasn't ment as telling you to get out.

And again even if it was a case if not wanting you there no one called you any names or insults it was as you say a bit if banter back and forth I think I replied to your scholes pic with a decent half rumoured post myself cant actually remember but it was in no way a personal attack on you.

I have no problems with much stuff in the forums mate I really don't I've never asked for segregation nor would I the only thing I'd ask for was like behaviour on Saturday night be punished accordingly.

Hopefully this thread doesn't close as I want to try and read all of this but one thing from what I've spotted so far is that people continue to claim they know the facts but I'm calling bull****.
    If you read the thread you can clearly see I never even posted in it until I tried to defend myself.
    And I got hammered abuse, and the majority of the same Liverpool posters in here crying wolf were thanking that level of abuse.
    Fine if you think that of me as poster, but it's the hypocrisy of trying to play innocent is whats bloody hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

This. There is a lot of finger pointing at Liverpool fans on this thread.
    You would think the Utd fans are saints on here and do no wrong.

It was only a yellow and wasnt that pushed kinda made me say this place is getting out of hand.

The comment was that coutinho was being called a bad player and i commented back saying you rate pogba who is a youtube football with a crap haircut.

So it made you think about posting again on boards, yet you weren’t fussed with getting the card overturned? That’s the whole point of the DPR though, if you feel it wasn’t justified you should be using it, it would save a hell of a lot of hassle going forward if people who seriously think that their card was unwarranted would use it. It also brings the mods to the attention of admins who wouldn’t see things like that

I have no problems with much stuff in the forums mate I really don't I've never asked for segregation nor would I the only thing I'd ask for was like behaviour on Saturday night be punished accordingly.

Fair enough jayo. The basic rules are still as sensible as ever. Be nice, but no baiting/trolling either.

• Advertisement

finno wrote: »

The problem been is that the biggest issue is to do with the pool fans behaviour the weekend.

If you have examples of where you want to discuss United's fans behaviour off you go no one is stopping you but at the moment Saturday night was a disaster and should not be allowed in the forum.

Fair enough jayo. The basic rules are still as sensible as ever. Be nice, but no baiting/trolling either.

Yes I fully agree with you mate the problem is that the personal abuse rule was well and truly broken the weekend and didn't wasn't punished accordingly.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Those posts were a reaction to deliberate baiting from a couple of users in the wake of the final whistle on Saturday. I think we would all prefer if people were capable of restraint in such circumstances, but essentially people went looking for a reaction in a time of high emotion and got one.
    Bull****. Look at the Liverpool thread. I never posted in it until I was hurled abuse.
    Mick deserved it.
    Really? Why?
    I didn't I was responding to the post I quoted.

I have no idea if he was called a paedo etc.

Mods should have banned him for a day or two after the final. He was posting non stop trying to goad some posters.
    You thanked the post that called me a Pedo.
    Thats convenient, since you were posting in the thread at the time and posted this regarding said poster.
    Exactly
    Its the first I have heard of him being called a paedo etc.

Posts must have been deleted. I never saw them.

Whether you believe me or not is up to you. Doesn't bother me.
    I will say calling him that is definitely too far though.
    You should as thanks4thefish why posts are being deleted.
    And I can also show you what I was carded for the other day by him. It's comical, I received the exact same punishment as the posters who had free reign to hurl dogs abuse at me.

Not got time to read anymore for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It's actually quite funny watching it gather momentum tbh,saints the rest are,on a constant wind up all year and now it's "look at them bad pool fans".

But I know it and the ones involved know it,i just find it funny. Probably 35+ yrs old people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

astradave wrote: »
    So it made you think about posting again on boards, yet you weren’t fussed with getting the card overturned? That’s the whole point of the DPR though, if you feel it wasn’t justified you should be using it, it would save a hell of a lot of hassle going forward if people who seriously think that their card was unwarranted would use it. It also brings the mods to the attention of admins who wouldn’t see things like that

Yeah i defo get that and well i honestly dont think it was a comment that warranted a card at all , and well was also a mix of finishing up college aswell.
    I should have moved it to dispute resolution at the time and kinda am a tad annoyed that i didnt in fairness.

The problem been is that the biggest issue is to do with the pool fans behaviour the weekend.

If you have examples of where you want to discuss United's fans behaviour off you go no one is stopping you but at the moment Saturday night was a disaster and should not be allowed in the forum.
    I can't remember the time a load of United fans singled out a poster to call a nonce, ask about his masturbation habits etc. But apparently it happened before so theres nothing to see this time either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's actually quite funny watching it gather momentum tbh,saints the rest are,on a constant wind up all year and now it's "look at them bad pool fans".

But I know it and the ones involved know it,i just find it funny. Probably 35+ yrs old people.

This sort of stuff doesn’t really help anything at all.

adox wrote: »
    This sort of stuff doesn’t really help anything at all.

It does probably help with the bias theory.

Most of the discussion is actually involving the personal abuse a poster recieved and the following lack of action.

Some are only able to see it as Man Utd vs. Liverpool.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What on earth has that got to with forum feedback?

You're just exacerbating the problem with posts like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you not read point 2?

True, And there is a lot of utd posters in the thread acting all innocent
    at the moment and there the biggest trolls on here, and they do it in a very smart
    way. Not so long ago there was one of those posters going into every threat posting "I ****ing hate Liverpool"

• Advertisement

Yes I fully agree with you mate the problem is that the personal abuse rule was well and truly broken the weekend and didn't wasn't punished accordingly.

You see see punishments downgraded/rescinded over in disputes resolution. Is the reverse possible, ie an upgrade, after a similar type of review?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Can a mod, Cmod or admin just clear this up please?

Is it not clear at this point that there is no way they can reasonably justify it so it is going to keep being ignored or brushed off with generalisations/irrelevant responses

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

That’s some serious whataboutary between yourself and finno, that doesn’t even touch on the issue here.

The issue is why the rules were not enforced properly in this case, where it’s black and white in the charter that personal abuse is a red card offence. Do you seriously think that someone saying that Klopp is a serial loser(because he has lost his last 6 finals, so it can be backed up) is the same as calling someone a nonce, or a paedo or that they should be on the sex offenders register.

And guess what? Those where probably all over 35 too.

at the moment and there the biggest trolls on here, and they do it in a very smart
    way. Not so long ago there was one of those posters going into every threat posting "I ****ing hate Liverpool"

What's wrong with saying you hate a team?
    Would you rather someone pretends they are "neutral"?

Not posting that "you should sign on a register" no?

Again you and your mate just see everything through a prism of US vs. THEM. Doesn't help anything in the slightest except show hilarious bias as you avoid the issue at hand. Good work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hopefully this thread doesn't close as I want to try and read all of this but one thing from what I've spotted so far is that people continue to claim they know the facts but I'm calling bull****.
    If you read the thread you can clearly see I never even posted in it until I tried to defend myself.
    And I got hammered abuse, and the majority of the same Liverpool posters in here crying wolf were thanking that level of abuse.
    Fine if you think that of me as poster, but it's the hypocrisy of trying to play innocent is whats bloody hilarious.

Most people have said that what both you and Mac were called was way out of line. It shouldn't be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

It's a little pathetic when you're not 14. Its only football after all. If you're hateful of anything in life it's probably something you should be more mindful of and address as it's not a healthy emotion.

You see see punishments downgraded/rescinded over in disputes resolution. Is the reverse possible, ie an upgrade, after a similar type of review?

There is no point going back and carding people again. What actually needs to be looked at is why mods (and which mods as well) thought that a poster being bullied in a thread he hasn't taken part in and being accused of some pretty awful things didn't warrant more than a card. Honestly, we've had somebody lose their moderator status for goading users, but it is as concerning that whatever moderator took those actions didn't think that they needed to take further action for what was effectively bullying.

When a Mod on the Soccer forum who is a fan of Man U goes into the Liverpool thread directly after Liverpool lose a Champions League final and trolls that fan base.

What kind of reaction would you expect considering that Mod had done the same kind of thing previously in the season and then carded everyone who reacted to their trolling.

If SlickRic had gone into the Man U thread after the FA Cup final defeat and trolled the Man U fan base in there I would expect the same reaction and the same outcome.

SlickRick regularly comes into the Utd thread after we lose.

No actual issues with it whatsoever.

Let me know when we all called him a ****, pedo and a prick until he was demodded tho.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    It's a little pathetic when you're not 14. Its only football after all. If you're hateful of anything in life it's probably something you should be more mindful of and address as it's not a healthy emotion.

Maybe you should go to an actual game of football and speak with regular Utd and Liverpool fans.
    You might be a little surprised at what you might hear.

• Advertisement

Would you rather someone pretends they are "neutral"?

You done it to wind up people to get a reaction and cause trouble.
    That is trolling, what you think people on here think you might actually like liverpool if you didn't tell us in different threats in a couple of minutes.

Let me know when we all called him a ****, pedo and a prick until he was demodded tho.
    In fairness, Slick is a balanced and fair poster. MrMac was absolutely goading (a bunch of people who aren't so innocent of this themselves, but I disgress). Their situations are not the same.

You done it to wind up people to get a reaction and cause trouble.
    That is trolling, what you think people on here think you might actually like liverpool if you didn't tell us in different threats in a couple of minutes.

So your having a pop at me in your post? Thanks for confirming.

I would say refer to the charter to confirm if that's what you think is trolling but sure you know what does the charter mean anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

The feedback thread is not just about Saturday ,not just for you but for the other lad who thinks this thread is only about one thing.

Utd and pool fans by and large don't mix when.it comes to football, normal life yes of course. But football is different. We all know it. Boards telling us to get along won't work. I get along fine with utd supporting friends outside of football.different story when footie is involved. And I'm.40+ yrs old and it's always been that way,for me and them,for my lfc comrades and their utd friends.

We don't tell each other we hate each other,we just know not to be a dick when its the footie,or better yet,avoid each other if need be for a few days.

This thread has rapidly turned into utd fans berating pool fans,like most threads in the soccer forum where both are involved they simply will not agree or get along.

Yeah i defo get that and well i honestly dont think it was a comment that warranted a card at all , and well was also a mix of finishing up college aswell.
    I should have moved it to dispute resolution at the time and kinda am a tad annoyed that i didnt in fairness.

You definitely should have, even just to back up your posts here, but saying you got a card for such and such, but then you actually take that card without disputing it, reflects on you more than it does on the mod(I’m not saying the card in question was warrant or not as I haven’t seen the post just that you can’t really moan about it months afterwards)

The feedback thread is not just about Saturday ,not just for you but for the other lad who thinks this thread is only about one thing.

Utd and pool fans by and large don't mix when.it comes to football, normal life yes of course. But football is different. We all know it. Boards telling us to get along won't work. I get along fine with utd supporting friends outside of football.different story when footie is involved. And I'm.40+ yrs old and it's always been that way,for me and them,for my lfc comrades and their utd friends.

We don't tell each other we hate each other,we just know not to be a dick when its the footie,or better yet,avoid each other if need be for a few days.

This thread has rapidly turned into utd fans berating pool fans,like most threads in the soccer forum where both are involved they simply will not agree or get along.

I very regularly post in other superthreads, I post enough in the Liverpool thread to know that an opposing view is welcome there and the same goes for the United thread. Trying to have a rule where one fan can only post in a designated thread will kill this forum completely.

And as for the bolded, you are seeing something that you just want to see, but it just isn’t there

There is no point going back and carding people again.

Why not? Retrospective upgrades of punishments are used in football itself if they are deemed necessary. Why not try it here and see how it goes? Its just a suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its hard to shake the impression Utd fans are furiously playing the violins here as well. 'Oh, you would never see the likes of this on the Utd forum'.
    If you ever see anybody calling another poster a ****, a knobjockey, a disgrace, a peado, a nonce, a scumbag, or a twat in any other thread then I implore you to report them.
    Let them be dealt with accordingly as per the charter.
    Well, thats kind of the question, isn't it...
    What actually needs to be looked at is why mods (and which mods as well) thought that a poster being bullied in a thread he hasn't taken part in and being accused of some pretty awful things didn't warrant more than a card. Honestly, we've had somebody lose their moderator status for goading users, but it is as concerning that whatever moderator took those actions didn't think that they needed to take further action for what was effectively bullying.

Let be blunt, absent the mods actually answering what was a very simple question, the obvious implication is that of moderator bias.

So your having a pop at me in your post? Thanks for confirming.

I would say refer to the charter to confirm if that's what you think is trolling but sure you know what does the charter mean anymore?

I think that was obvious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

I dont condone any personal attacks what so ever, and some of the comments made by some Liverpool fans were out of order.
    However you could see by some utd fans that they were just itching at the bit to go into the Liverpool thread and cause a response once Liverpool lost the final, emotions were high and they knew it was going to stir up a very negative reaction.
    Of course there were a few liverpool fans at the same craic after the FA cup final which is very anoying, but this was on a whole new level.

Banter is banter but what happened after the defeat to Madrid was an attempt by a mod and other utd fans to stir up a reaction, and unfortunately some Liverpool fans bit and then took it a bit far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement