Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback Thread 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

finno wrote: »
    True, And there is a lot of utd posters in the thread acting all innocent
    at the moment and there the biggest trolls on here, and they do it in a very smart
    way. Not so long ago there was one of those posters going into every threat posting "I ****ing hate Liverpool"

Stop trying to derail and deflect from the abuse on Saturday.

Abuse that happened because of how the forum operates all year.

Trolling/Wum behaviour needs to be wiped out generally and it is not one just group at fault.

The feedback thread is not just about Saturday ,not just for you but for the other lad who thinks this thread is only about one thing.

Utd and pool fans by and large don't mix when.it comes to football, normal life yes of course. But football is different. We all know it. Boards telling us to get along won't work. I get along fine with utd supporting friends outside of football.different story when footie is involved. And I'm.40+ yrs old and it's always been that way,for me and them,for my lfc comrades and their utd friends.

We don't tell each other we hate each other,we just know not to be a dick when its the footie,or better yet,avoid each other if need be for a few days.

This thread has rapidly turned into utd fans berating pool fans,like most threads in the soccer forum where both are involved they simply will not agree or get along.

Hating a team and hating an individual are completely separate things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Why not? Retrospective upgrades of punishments are used in football itself if they are deemed necessary. Why not try it here and see how it goes? Its just a suggestion.

It would be pointless anyway, is a red card not a thread ban? Well that superthread is already closed, thus rendering it moot. And personally I have no interest in seeing bans which is why I didn't include the names of the posters in the quoted posts, I am more interested in the reasoning from the mod side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So your having a pop at me in your post? Thanks for confirming.

I would say refer to the charter to confirm if that's what you think is trolling but sure you know what does the charter mean anymore?

You see,this is what you do,all year,gentle goading,looking to get cards handed out. It's laughable.

And blatant.

This is the feedback forum,and I'd like to call you out for it. I don't report posts, regardless of their content,and I won't report you. Posters like you ruin the place.

You will and others will be on to defend you,but those who know,know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Rename the thread "Feedback after the weekend" thread, and take a stab at an actual feedback in a few weeks time.
    Fcuk all constructive feedback ye'll see in here for a few weeks.
    (Great job overall!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lots of "he did this", "they did that" going on here now.

From what I saw...

Mac would have known posting the "serial loser" comment would wind people up, especially in the Superthread. I'm sure he's carded others or at least warned people for similar before, it's trolling. I didn't agree with the post so I reported it and moved on. He shouldn't have been called what he was, it's unacceptable.

I didn't see Mick post anything so I don't know how he was dragged into it. Again shouldn't have been called what he was, way out of line.

Mods should have banned those guys who made the comments. Whether provoked or not they were out of line.

The guys with the name calling, no matter what was said you shouldn't have responded like that. I assume you're all adults who have families, and work lives. Would you act like that in the real world if someone annoyed you? If you would, then you need help.

I dont condone any personal attacks what so ever, and some of the comments made by some Liverpool fans were out of order.
    However you could see by some utd fans that they were just itching at the bit to go into the Liverpool thread and cause a response once Liverpool lost the final, emotions were high and they knew it was going to stir up a very negative reaction.
    Of course there were a few liverpool fans at the same craic after the FA cup final which is very anoying, but this was on a whole new level.

Banter is banter but what happened after the defeat to Madrid was an attempt by a mod and other utd fans to stir up a reaction, and unfortunately some Liverpool fans bit and then took it a bit far.

I'm not sure how many times it needs to be said but Mac was the only poster who posted in the Liverpool thread after the game and lads went automatically mental hurling abuse.
    Go back and read the thread. These are the facts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It would be pointless anyway, is a red card not a thread ban? Well that superthread is already closed, thus rendering it moot. And personally I have no interest in seeing bans which is why I didn't include the names of the posters in the quoted posts, I am more interested in the reasoning from the mod side.

Not a thread ban. IIRC, a red would be a 2 week ban minimum from the entire soccer forum. I'd wager as well that for a lot of those involved on Saturday, they were probably sitting on other cards this season too, meaning they'd have been facing much longer stretches off too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

DM_7 wrote: »
    Stop trying to derail and deflect from the abuse on Saturday.

Abuse that happened because of how the forum operates all year.

Trolling/Wum behaviour needs to be wiped out generally and it is not one just group at fault.

I'm not derailing the threat this is the feedback threat not the Saturday night thread. I am bring up the trolling to cause trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I thought a red was a forum ban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The feedback thread is not just about Saturday ,not just for you but for the other lad who thinks this thread is only about one thing.

Utd and pool fans by and large don't mix when.it comes to football, normal life yes of course. But football is different. We all know it. Boards telling us to get along won't work. I get along fine with utd supporting friends outside of football.different story when footie is involved. And I'm.40+ yrs old and it's always been that way,for me and them,for my lfc comrades and their utd friends.

We don't tell each other we hate each other,we just know not to be a dick when its the footie,or better yet,avoid each other if need be for a few days.

This thread has rapidly turned into utd fans berating pool fans,like most threads in the soccer forum where both are involved they simply will not agree or get along.

Why has TitianGerm and astradave been able to post in "other" thread perfectly fine then? Your theory is already shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

You see,this is what you do,all year,gentle goading,looking to get cards handed out. It's laughable.

And blatant.

This is the feedback forum,and I'd like to call you out for it. I don't report posts, regardless of their content,and I won't report you.Posters like you ruin the place.

This right here is one of the main problems on the forum, if people would just report the posts and move on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

astradave wrote: »
    You definitely should have, even just to back up your posts here, but saying you got a card for such and such, but then you actually take that card without disputing it, reflects on you more than it does on the mod(I’m not saying the card in question was warrant or not as I haven’t seen the post just that you can’t really moan about it months afterwards)

I only really mentioned it because to me it kind of displayed inconsitent moderation. All i want is fair moderation that can allow posters to interact have a laugh and think we all want the same thing.

And blatant.

This is the feedback forum,and I'd like to call you out for it. I don't report posts, regardless of their content,and I won't report you. Posters like you ruin the place.

Finno is the first poster to goad me here. He knew exactly who he was talking about and I'm just after calling him on it. On this thread only a couple of posts back.
    But please continue your agenda against me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

This has went really well hasn't it....

I dont condone any personal attacks what so ever, and some of the comments made by some Liverpool fans were out of order.
    However you could see by some utd fans that they were just itching at the bit to go into the Liverpool thread and cause a response once Liverpool lost the final, emotions were high and they knew it was going to stir up a very negative reaction.
    Of course there were a few liverpool fans at the same craic after the FA cup final which is very anoying, but this was on a whole new level.

Banter is banter but what happened after the defeat to Madrid was an attempt by a mod and other utd fans to stir up a reaction, and unfortunately some Liverpool fans bit and then took it a bit far.

It happens the other way, happens in other club threads, continuing to allow it in any thread encourages it to keep happening across the forum. Turning this into a "Well they do it", does not address any problems. The actions of a relatively few are clearly impacting on the users across the forum.

The yellow card situation from Saturday night/Sunday morning, for red card items per the charter, has created a scenario where it could all kick off again in any thread with only a few yellows handed out.

Back to the real point, have you any suggestions on how the mods deal with such behaviour. Accept it? Try to stop it by clear enforced rules?

Finno is the first poster to goad me here. He knew exactly who he was talking about and I'm just after calling him on it. On this thread only a couple of posts back.
    But please continue your agenda against me

oh give it a rest will ya with your innocent act.

If you ever see anybody calling another poster a ****, a knobjockey, a disgrace, a peado, a nonce, a scumbag, or a twat in any other thread then I implore you to report them.

Sensible advice, but I'm not sure how that is in anyway connected to what I said. The potential for dickery is the same among all the fanbases that are generally represented in the soccer forum. Suggestions to the contrary aren't worthy of serious debate IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

This has went really well hasn't it....

As well as you can expect when you let posters be call peados, cnuts and more for thanking a post.

As soon as that happened, that was going to be the Narative of this thread.

Some well earned red cards would have avoided this but they decided to take what they thought was the easier road of paying lip service to bullying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If people are having personal battles in this thread already without any intervention then clearly it shows this thread already isn't been monitord.

What will happen is the thread and legitimate concerns will be ignored until it turns into a free for all of personal battles and the the thread will be closed without anything achieved.

Exact same way as pretty much everything in football forums ignore it until it's too late then action and cause an even bigger problem..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

It's fairly obvious what happened at the weekend is done with that was made clear at start the thread.

I don't think there's much we can do about it at this stage. All we can do is keep stock of how this has panned out for future reference and move on.

If we can't discuss what might make things better best just not to post in here at all.

oh give it a rest will ya with your innocent act.

Where the fcuk has he claimed to be innocent? You can't see anything wrong with calling him a nonce since he said he hates Liverpool. That says a lot about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

DM_7 wrote:
    Back to the real point, have you any suggestions on how the mods deal with such behaviour. Accept it? Try to stop it by clear enforced rules?

A harder line on users who repeatedly troll. And also on users throwing personal abuse, unfortunately as you stated it is just a few posters that causes the problems.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Where the fcuk has he claimed to be innocent? You can't see anything wrong with calling him a nonce since he said he hates Liverpool. That says a lot about you.

When did i say that stop putting words in my mouth.
    please show me were i said that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

It appears the main gripe is the unwillingness to be able to provide simple answers as to why the charter is followed in sone instances and not in others.

I'll add my voice to those asking the admins, cmods and mods to answer the very straightforward question, why were those that used terms such as nonce, pedo, cund scumbag not red carded as per the charter?

I'll take it that anyone i perceive to be on the windup after my team loses is fair game to be called any of those terms and I'll receive only a yellow due to being wound up.

I'm not derailing the threat this is the feedback threat not the Saturday night thread. I am bring up the trolling to cause trouble.

Have a look below, labeling a group the biggest trolls is just feedback?

True, And there is a lot of utd posters in the thread acting all innocent
    at the moment and there the biggest trolls on here, and they do it in a very smart
    way. Not so long ago there was one of those posters going into every threat posting "I ****ing hate Liverpool"

What do you want done about the general annoying 'lol' and wind up posts?

The modding is a bit of a joke.

I got carded for not joining in the chorus of "Alex Ferguson is a great family man"...��

Think it was a ManU mod who had given an opinion on the thread himself. His reasoning was that people complained. So a mod with a bias enforced a non existent rule. And other mods, who evidently also don't know their own rules, thanked it.

You can only laugh really.

When did i say that stop putting words in my mouth.
    please show me were i said that

You haven't condemned them implying you don't see them as an issue with them. Your preferenceto complain about Man Utd Trolls acting innocent and then Mick acting innocent seems to suggest that is a more important issue especially since he said "I hate Liverpool".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

DM_7 wrote: »
    Have a look below, labeling a group the biggest trolls is just feedback?

What do you want done about the general annoying 'lol' and wind up posts?

Could just give a yellow and be done with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

What's wrong with saying you hate a team?
    Would you rather someone pretends they are "neutral"?

Surely if you hate a team and you regularly go on that teams thread to post then it is to troll that teams supporters

Surely if you hate a team and you regularly go on that teams thread to post then it is to troll that teams supporters

I'm not sure maybe check the charter for it.

If you are implying me then please provide the evidence where I've done this regularly.

I bet you no mention of the ample amount of times lads calling for me in the Liverpool thread, I show up and take the slagging on the chin.

You see this is exactly what's going on. Lads turning this into some personal grudge match. Objective now is is to skew this thread from the actual main points that have been brought for discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Is it not clear at this point that there is no way they can reasonably justify it so it is going to keep being ignored or brushed off with generalisations/irrelevant responses

It's fairly embarrassing that the collective group of mods who I'll assume are grown adults can't accept responsibility for the cluster**** that was Saturday night and the aftermath apologize and let everyone move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Only scimmed the thread so far but two suggestions I really like are.

Thread banning - should include access to thank posts aswell as posting in the thread itself. Think this could have a hugely positive impact on the forum

Do away with the charter and just enforce the 'dont be a dick rule'. - the trolls that use the charter to just borderline troll on a daily basis are actually worse than the lads that lose the rag and abuse someone. The charter nearly protects those that are actually the biggest issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for opening the forum for the upcoming WC, its been done for Euros and WCs in the past.

I know recently someone said it would be a bad idea but now is the time to speak about it.

Just on this, I don’t think it’s a good idea. I’m sure it was tried before and all it managed to do was give trolls and re-regs a fast track into the soccer forum.

pjohnson wrote: »
    You haven't condemned them implying you don't see them as an issue with them. Your preferenceto complain about Man Utd Trolls acting innocent and then Mick acting innocent seems to suggest that is a more important issue especially since he said "I hate Liverpool".

Now this is just getting silly now,Listen take it as you want i was talking about something else not Saturday night and all of sudden i am not condemning something
    i wasn't involved in.

And just to point out yes i do think it was wrong for a poster to give another poster personal abuse.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd take a very different view to Lord TSC. In any case where a moderator engages in baiting things will spiral out of control very quickly. In that context it's very difficult for a moderator team to come in and blanket apply the charter to the letter of the law when the incident has its gestation in a violation of the rules by someone who is supposed to uphold those rules. In that sense I don't think there were any other options available really, than how it was handled.

This is more waffle.

All another moderator had to do was step in and apply a mod warning to the Liverpool thread as soon as the abuse started to increase.

What's comical is that from what I remember the Man Utd thread had a mod warning applied in it and comically posters were carded for responding after it as they were thoroughly annoyed as the abuse was allowed go on and on in the Liverpool thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

This. There is a lot of finger pointing at Liverpool fans on this thread.
    You would think the Utd fans are saints on here and do no wrong.

There is a lot of finger pointing at the posters who abused other members on here and admin/mods Don't want to answer any queries on it .Doesn't matter who they support.

The day a United fan calls someone a sex pest I would hope they are dealt with accordingly per the charter.

It so happens it was Liverpool fan who did it but it doesn't matter who they are really and you shouldn't be making this into a Pool/United thing.

It's purely a moderator problem and now an admin problem because they won't answer simple questions and seem happy to ignore it.

This is more waffle.

All another moderator had to do was step in and apply a mod warning to the Liverpool thread as soon as the abuse started to increase.

What's comical is that from what I remember the Man Utd thread had a mod warning applied in it and comically posters were carded for responding after it as they were thoroughly annoyed as the abuse was allowed go on and on in the Liverpool thread.

And the mod in question?

Some well earned red cards would have avoided this but they decided to take what they thought was the easier road of paying lip service to bullying.

This is true and has been true all years. In fact I think if it had been done there's quite some few posting above who'd have had their rights been revoked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

yabadabado wrote: »
    There is a lot of finger pointing at the posters who abused other members on here and admin/mods Don't want to answer any queries on it .Doesn't matter who they support.

The day a United fan calls someone a sex pest I would hope they are dealt with accordingly per the charter.

It so happens it was Liverpool fan who did it but it doesn't matter who they are really and you shouldn't be making this into a Pool/United thing.

It's purely a moderator problem and now an admin problem because they won't answer simple questions and seem happy to ignore it.

I don't want to answer it because I can't answer it - not involved throughout the night, as I said. I won't speak for other people either, I'll let them have their own say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Is this a feedback thread or a Liverpool United thread.

For me the moderation is generally fine bar one who I feel dips into the Chelsea thread to wind up. At the end of the day you are responsible for your actions and if you can't control your actions just stay away from the keyboard until the anger / beer has worn off. It is not a mods fault something gets out of hand they have lives as well.
    A few years ago most of us Chelsea fans were pretty sick after losing to United in Moscow lots of people came into the forum to gloat at JT slipping but I cannot recall any personal abuse responses. For me anyone who called mac or Mick a peado or anything else really should be ashamed of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Nixonbot wrote: »
    I don't want to answer it because I can't answer it - not involved throughout the night, as I said. I won't speak for other people either, I'll let them have their own say.

Have you read the posts in question?

What do you think, as a mod, should of been the appropriate action on the night.

You don't have to have been there on the night to have an opinion.

And the mod in question?

Here's the warning in the Utd thread on Sunday evening

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057876092&page=12

No warning at all after all the hurled abuse in the Liverpool in thread
    Nothing until Monday Midday. And the match was on Saturday.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107119366&postcount=9345

What annoyed posters further is that the announcement of Macs de-modding was one of the ****tiest things I've read on here in a long time.
    A closed thread to state he was demodded publicly with a note to say the feedback forum was being delayed.

It suited every Liverpool fan down to the ground and left every single Utd poster raging further creating a divide among the groups.

Myself and Stringbell were carded in the Utd thread about an hour after for questioning it.
    Same punishment as being called a Pedo / Prick / **** ect.
    Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Wouldn't be a fan of an open doors policy for the world cup for posters especially new registrations with no posts. Is it so hard for people to apply to use the forum ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The whole bloody soccer forum is a farce.

Most involved just need to cop on.

No rules will change how people behave.

All that happens is inoffensive posters get caught in the crossfire. I don't see myself as part of any group or have any agenda or ever try and troll or any of that ****e.

Yet I've gotten cards for absolutely nothing and others get away with murder.

Less rules and let the forum eat itself until everyone is just fed up.

Saturday night was sad. Things were said that shouldn't have been said on all sides.

One thing is i saw a lot of users I've never seen before post and some very rare posters stepped up their contribution. So I don't think you can really read anything into that few days.

The issues are more deeply rooted than that.

Lord of the flies it was there for anbit.

Here's the warning in the Utd thread on Sunday evening

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057876092&page=12

No warning at all after all the hurled abuse in the Liverpool in thread
    Nothing until Monday Midday. And the match was on Saturday.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107119366&postcount=9345

What annoyed posters further is that the announcement of Macs de-modding was one of the ****tiest things I've read on here in a long time.
    A closed thread to state he was demodded publicly with a note to say the feedback forum was being delayed.

It suited every Liverpool fan down to the ground and left every single Utd poster raging further creating a divide among the groups.

Myself and Stringbell were carded in the Utd thread about an hour after for questioning it.
    Same punishment as being called a Pedo / Prick / **** ect.
    Pathetic.

Sorry M!Ck^ but you're not presenting an accurate version of events. The mod in question was posting further provocative comments in the CL Final match thread around Sunday mid-day which drew a reaction that was justified IMO. In light of this I can understand the timing of the mod interventions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

There’s a group of lads on the Liverpool thread that want Mick banned. Mouthing off about him offsite and all. Whinging because he thanked some posts, seriously, is that all you have to be worried about in your life? A f*cking thanks on a post you don’t like?

Fact of the matter is, I’ve never once seen him abuse anybody on this site, he’s slagging off a football team, Brazilian millionaires that run around a pitch in a different country, a German man that manages a team in England.

Some people need to get a grip of themselves and grow the f*ck up. The same lads do be at the exact same thing when it’s United that lose. Report it if you think it’s trolling or go whinge about him on Twitter...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I like Micks honesty about not liking Liverpool. I get that it will annoy some at times, but to be honest it isn't like there is any subtlety, plus in recent months it has very rarely happened in Liverpool related thread.

Sorry M!Ck^ but you're not presenting an accurate version of events. The mod in question was posting further provocative comments in the CL Final match thread around Sunday mid-day which drew a reaction that was justified IMO. In light of this I can understand the timing of the mod interventions.

You know the abuse went on in the Superthread and this has nothing to do with the match thread?
    The match thread should have it own mod warning if it was required but the point you are making does not relate.

Facts:
    No mod warning in the Liverpool Superthread, after all the abuse (The warning Monday wasn't even directly related to it. No mention of the ****ty abuse whatsoever)
    Mod Warning in Utd Superthread Sunday (clearly a warning to stop discussing the issues from the Liverpool thread)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be a fan of an open doors policy for the world cup for posters especially new registrations with no posts. Is it so hard for people to apply to use the forum ?

It'll get lost here, but I agree. I said the same in last years thread. There was a lot of trolling during the euros from newbies (even though most were fine). There'll be a world cup AH thread for anyone who can't post in the soccer forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement