Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage for Timber Frame

Options
  • 30-05-2018 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking at costing templates from various banks and for timber framed houses they all have a footnote "*Standard Timber Frame Structure with traditional block exterior". I'm not planning on using concrete after the foundation stage - there are better options for cladding. Any advice out there - has any else encountered this restriction? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

mike_2009 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking at costing templates from various banks and for timber framed houses they all have a footnote "*Standard Timber Frame Structure with traditional block exterior". I'm not planning on using concrete after the foundation stage - there are better options for cladding. Any advice out there - has any else encountered this restriction? Thanks.

You need to speak directly to the Bank to see what they will accept.
    most consider a TF house with brick external façade as standard construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Thanks - I Have a few enquiries out - I wonder if brick slips would be accepted?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

mike_2009 wrote: »
    Thanks - I Have a few enquiries out - I wonder if brick slips would be accepted?

What would the brick slips be attached to?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Good question - I've no idea. I'll wait for the banks to get back to me, just disappointing they view anything that's not block/brick as second class housing....

Advertisement