Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking in shankill

• 30-05-2018 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Can anyone advise on parking in shankill? I'm gonna be staying there for 4 weeks possibly longer if it like it and will be staying around the Olcovar estate and don't have parking. Is there somewhere close by i could park? Are the housing estates okay to park in? Main at?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Castlefarm across the road will have parking

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Talkinghands87

Castlefarm across the road will have parking

Any issues parking there? Is it safe?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Any issues parking there? Is it safe?

wont be any issues, pretty mature estate

wont be any issues, pretty mature estate

Seems to be a little shopping area near Olcovar also across the road. Do you think parking there would be okay?

Seems to be a little shopping area near Olcovar also across the road. Do you think parking there would be okay?

I would doubt it, while there's CCTV it would be unattended from the evening

• Advertisement

You seem to know the place pretty well. Do you think generally parking wouldn't be an issue? I've a new car and i am a little worried of leaving it somewhere random.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,679 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Letsestin are open to 10:30. So there will always be cars in and out of the BBQ centre till then.
    As regard parking in Castle farm I’m not a fan of people ditching cars in front of other people’s houses. So can’t advise there

You seem to know the place pretty well. Do you think generally parking wouldn't be an issue? I've a new car and i am a little worried of leaving it somewhere random.

Lock it and don't leave anything valuable on display.
    ted1 wrote: »
    Letsestin are open to 10:30. So there will always be cars in and out of the BBQ centre till then.
    As regard parking in Castle farm I’m not a fan of people ditching cars in front of other people’s houses. So can’t advise there

Agree, but if it's short term.. anyway the estate is pretty big so there's lots side walls they can park beside.

Agree i hate it too but desperate times finding a place to rent in Dublin and don't wanna let one slide because of parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 alexw

The BBQ Centre is private property and they don’t encourage overnight parking. The owner arrives at about 8.10 in the mornings so if you’re gone by them it’d be ok. Parking is at your own risk though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement