Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final bill problems

Options
  • 30-05-2018 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I had an electric (DD) and gas (PAYG) account.  Rang recently to close them, electric is fine but gas is definitely not.  I have been topping up regularly and it's never been in any substantial debt.  Now that I've closed it they're telling me I owe x amount even though the meter was in credit when I left (made sure of this so that new tennants wouldn't be left paying a bill that isn't theirs) and there is not and hasn't been for a long time any debt on the meter.  Standing charge is deducted automatically every day so it is not a build up of that regardless of what customer service and credit control staff are trying to say. I'm been transferring between customer service and credit control with no luck and waiting on a call back from supervisor (although was told he/she is going to say the same).  Surely the idea of a pre pay meter is to ensure the account holder doesn't get shafted with a big bill? Extremely annoyed at this and unwilling to pay a bill that I know is not mine so any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Pixie84,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience, however we are unable to advise you in relation to this query as we do not have access to the gas Pay As You Go (PAYG) system here in the Social Media department.

The Credit Control gas PAYG team are the people to speak to (via 01 8035180) - they are available until 4pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement