Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWDC Monday June 4th.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

murpho999 wrote: »
    Do you mean that it will? As they announced that it would.

Unless you don't don't like 3rd party maps!

Yes, meant to say now rather than not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭brevity

It's great that any device that has 11 will get 12. My iPad Mini 2 has been struggling of late and these performance enhancements should improve things.

I have an android phone that is newer than my iPad and it's last update was in 2017...it might get Oreo but won't get "P"...one of the reasons I'll be returning to Apple when I get the chance to get a new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Performance improvements will be a big help for older iOS devices which is great news. Dark mode on macOS looks glorious...high hopes now for the same on iOS in the near future!

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am pretty sure it will be huge with teenagers when it is available more widely on cheaper devices.
    Nah it won't, so long as iMessage is only iOS it'll remain insignificant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I always look forward to the following few days after the keynotes where the smaller details start to come out.

Few of these that have been posted since
    - iPhone X gestures on the iPad
    - change to iPhone X app close feature
    - auto fill password for two-factor sms
    - add two faces to FaceID login
    - auto-install setting for iOS updates

I’m sure there are probably more to come but those are a few welcome changes imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement