Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 76

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I think the main thing is will they stick with it?

If they do,in the long run hopefully it will improve and itterated on. Multiplayer Fallout is hugely appealling to me so i do hope they can get it right at some stage.

For a full release at full price though they are pushing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's a stuttery mess with very little humour or any particularly clever or interesting missions, but playing in a team of mates is fun.

It has great potential but needs a lot of immediate and constant work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's a stuttery mess with very little humour or any particularly clever or interesting missions, but playing in a team of mates is fun.

It has great potential but needs a lot of immediate and constant work.

Digging a ditch with your mates can be a bit of fun. Any online experience with someonle else is always better from Borderlands to destiny.

This looks like some muck a part time game designer threw together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Wait, sales 82% down from Fallout 4... Wow
    Hitting the sites this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Looks like this is a massive flop :/ hope it doesn't kill the franchise

• Advertisement

• Looks like this is a massive flop :/hope it doesn't kill the franchise

You can blame the publishers and shareholders if that happens.
    This should surprise nobody.

Suckers buying this now are essentially beta testing a stripped out Fallout 4 online mod for Bethesda by paying 60 euros.

*Edit* Long time getting away with murder with their bugs in games too, so about time they get a slap.

Digging a ditch with your mates can be a bit of fun. Any online experience with someonle else is always better from Borderlands to destiny.

I understand this concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Looks like this is a massive flop :/ hope it doesn't kill the franchise

I hope it doesn't kill the franchise, but I hope it causes a lot of damage internally at Bethesda.

They have been a stale and lazy studio for bloody years now. The constantly release unfinished, buggy, broken games and then rely on modders to fix it for them.

Bethesda are worse than EA or Ubisoft imo, because at least EA and Ubisoft tend to release games that work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i am glad i did not jump in on this, i knew when they were avoiding steam some thing was up. i said to myself this is to avoid people getting refund's.... and if i had not of recently replayed f4 with the dlc i dont think i would have noticed it's literally the exact same assets from that game they didnt even add anything new to the character creator ffs. I feel like this was either a retro fix to a cancelled f5 or they are all on crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I played a couple of hours last night and enjoyed it. Will wait longer to reserve full judgement. Regarding sales it's probably lower than they expected but an online game was always going to get much lower sales than a stand alone fallout game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i am glad i did not jump in on this, i knew when they were avoiding steam some thing was up. i said to myself this is to avoid people getting refund's.... and if i had not of recently replayed f4 with the dlc i dont think i would have noticed it's literally the exact same assets from that game they didnt even add anything new to the character creator ffs. I feel like this was either a retro fix to a cancelled f5 or they are all on crack.

By using Steam you can see how they re-used so much code (game engine files) over there last few games. I was able to download Skyrim with two mods and it came in just over 6GB as I have several fallout games already installed. It should be at least 12GB. I bet if fallout 76 was on steam the download size wouldn't be half as big... New game engine my butt.

I think this game should have been about €35. And... functioning a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

You can blame the publishers and shareholders if that happens.
    This should surprise nobody.

Suckers buying this now are essentially beta testing a stripped out Fallout 4 online mod for Bethesda by paying 60 euros.

*Edit* Long time getting away with murder with their bugs in games too, so about time they get a slap.

They've generally struck a balance of enjoyability with their previous titles aswell though, that just seems to be missing (or wholly reliant on other people).
    I'm not that surprised tbh, i am a bit fcuked off that they seen this a positive way forward with the franchise

Wonder if they'd consider selling the IP back to Inxile, who are a Microsoft Subsidiary now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i would buy an xbox if they ended up getting that ip and doing xbox only titles. so hopefully if they do it's still on pc :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

god's toy wrote: »
    New game engine my butt.
    They confirmed it's the same engine; and they are using it for their next two games (at least) as well. Beyond the fact mods working directly etc. several known Fallout 4 bugs were there on day 1 as well (inc. several known client side hacks) and they could not be arsed to fix them. That's the real problem;they got a ****ty game engine that they keep flogging because they can't be bothered to get a proper one and reeducate their programmers (or pay for the engine in the first place).

If you are a developer there and you see stuff like red dead or even the recent assassin's creed game and then look at the limitations of what you have to work with it must be soul destroying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

If you are a developer there and you see stuff like red dead or even the recent assassin's creed game and then look at the limitations of what you have to work with it must be soul destroying.

But you'd then look at the fact that the developers of Red Dead had to work 100 hour weeks and enjoy the fact you can actually have a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

about 20 hours in now and really enjoying it i have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Grayditch wrote: »
    I think this game should have been about €35. And... functioning a lot better.

It can be gotten for that price, on PC that is. Not sure about console.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Some from of Early Access would have been a much better move imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Honestly, I still don't think the Ubi got enough credit for what they did with Assassins Creed. Recognise that people have a problem with your series, take a step back, identify what makes your games good and bad, and then work to make a much better game.

If only every company did this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Preston Garvey. *Shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just a few thoughs of my own on this whole game.

So they said that game will be buggy on launch. Like they out right said it. Is that them just being cocky and confident that Fallout fans will buy any **** with Fallout sticker on? Or they just dont give a **** about this game as much as us, gamers? I just find it sooooo ****y. They are not even hiding the fact that they launching broken product. What is even funnier some people defend Bethesda for being honest. Really? If I go buy brand new car and salesperson tells me: its brand new model, which is awesome, but steering is a bit lose and petrol keeps on leaking in to the drivers seat. You can drive it home and enjoy your new toy and eventually we MIGHT fix it! Heres your keys, champ! Go have fun!

Sales already bad, I am surprised it sold even that amount. Will the stock holders be happy about it? As we know they are the ones to please, not the actual consumers. How much of damage it will do to Bethesda?

I am at that point where every single gamer was: I played a game or two to death in the last few months and getting a bit burned out. Something new to mess around would be great. Fallout 76 could be that thing, if it would be 30eu on launch. Something tells me we will see a good price drop before this year ends.

I think Gamestop US dropped the price to $40 yesterday, I'll see can I find the screenshot

Here we go, Black Friday deal but still not a good sign for a new triple A title 10 days after release

5if3okwk2gz11.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I think Gamestop US dropped the price to $40 yesterday, I'll see can I find the screenshot

Here we go, Black Friday deal but still not a good sign for a new triple A title 10 days after release

5if3okwk2gz11.png

It'll be in the bargain bin soon enough!

Disgusting way to reward the loyal fans who bought day 1 although tbf they knew what they were getting in to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Eurogamer eviscerating this in their review, how is it this bad? Its Fallout FFS.

Advertisement