Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 76

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

In fairness though, that was a pretty terrible response from the CS guy, I don't think he's being thrown under the bus at all.

I think they have, and I'll explain why.

I currently work as a trainer and quality lead for a pretty damn large call centre in Cork. Our agents are basically the front line CS reps. Part of them being able to do their job is constant and up-to-date information from the client we represent. Media issues, PR issues, breakdowns and so on.

On numerous occasions I've seen cases where an agent gives the wrong/outdated information simply because the client didn't pass on the required information to us so it could be fedback to the agents.

Now, I'm not saying the CS rep on the screenshot is innocent here, or even answered it in a decent way. From a professional point of view I absolutely hate how the response was given, but Bethesda are massively at fault because they clearly either

1/ Didn't give any information to these reps to follow
    2/ The rep gave the correct information, but now Bethesda are realising it was a bad idea.
    Bethesda's general handling of the situation is equally as, if not actually much more, dire though. Here, have a few dollars worth of in-game currency that won't cost us a cent, and won't really enable you to even buy anything in the Atom store, either.

Bethesda have been releasing buggy, broken games for years now. The only recent game I can think of from them that wasn't absolutely woeful on release was Doom 2016.

It looks like people are finally getting sick of them and giving them the hell they deserve.
    They should've at the very least had the sense to offer people 5,000 atoms after they spent $200 on the collectors edition. Wouldn't have impressed many regardless but at least it wouldn't have dragged them into a total joke like it is now.

This is a trap. If you take the 500 Atoms (lol) then you lose any right to a refund and/or any givings from a potential class action lawsuit. $5 vs $200

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

https://twitter.com/BethesdaSupport/status/1069713890806849536?s=19

Seems Bethesda very suddenly were able to find enough material to start making the canvas bags. Shocking given that they couldn't find a single company in the time between the power armour edition being conceived of and the release date of the game who had enough material to make the canvas bags, yet miraculously found a company with a huge stockpile of the material after they faced negative publicity and a potential legal challenge.

An apology wouldn't have gone amiss

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

An apology wouldn't have gone amiss

I wouldn't be surprised if they were told not to apologise by their lawyers as it could be seen as admitting fault (as in they never had any intention of ever giving the canvas bags), but rather if they replace the bags at no extra cost they probably face less liability for what happened.

Bethesda share all their fallout 76 customers info including addresses with other customers.
    This just keeps getting worse.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a3ga47/i_am_getting_your_support_tickets_on_my_bethesda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

wtand-f.jpg

Bethesda share all their fallout 76 customers info including addresses with other customers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a3ga47/i_am_getting_your_support_tickets_on_my_bethesda

Wow the OP has been changed since I last saw it but that is all kinds of "oh no you didn't"

Ticketing system must be built on the creation engine or something, that would explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I can't believe the amount of people saying "don't publicise it". I can only hope they're talking about the image he originally shared and not the leak, because **** that. If a company this size leaks like that, they ****ing deserve it to be public.

• Bethesda share all their fallout 76 customers info including addresses with other customers.

Todd right now

giphy.gif

Well, they did say they wanted the community to be more involved in the new Fallout.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And they've been relying on the community to fix their games for years now, so why not rely on them to fix their customer support as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Wait, is this all Fallout 76 players, or only players who've raised a support ticket?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Wait, is this all Fallout 76 players, or only players who've raised a support ticket?

I think it's just the people who've sent tickets, but the level of dumb coming from bethesda lately, it could be so much dumber

I think it's just the people who've sent tickets, but the level of dumb coming from bethesda lately, it could be so much dumber

That has to be a massive amount of people though.

I'll actually be impressed if Bethesda make it through this. This really is a massive data protection breach on a huge scale (not to mention GDPR) and things like this have been known to break companies.

If they can't even develop their customer service tools to work correctly, what hope is there that they've got decent people working on the actual game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Any one having the game crash when exploxering caves. Crashed twice in lucky caves and then another cave close.
    Enjoying the game buy will not be a day 1 purchase from Bethesda again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Any one having the game crash when exploxering caves. Crashed twice in lucky caves and then another cave close.
    Enjoying the game buy will not be a day 1 purchase from Bethesda again.

Overall I'm enjoying it but have had it crash a few times in the airport. Was waiting for the latest update to see if it was fixed but haven't gotten a chance to play since it was released earlier in the week.

The support request leak is very stupid from them. Hope they get a decent fine for the leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

If they ever manage to turn this round it will be an even bigger suprise than NMS and hello games eventually winning back some support.

Worst thing is i dont ever think i saw anyone ever ask for Fallout the MMO. Most people would have been delighted with a normal game with co-op features from what i saw. They have got everything totally wrong on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Yes really made a mess of online. You are dropped in with people with random levels. Have from level 3 to 100 on same game server. If you join level 100 guys you get wiped out quick.
    Rather play solo but more you play more bugs appear. Had an invisible goul attack me or just enemies appearing from nowhere.
    Can not really defend the game as you have red dead 2 out to compare against.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You know that 4th December patch? Yea; Bethesda thought the grind was not enough and went on nerfing multiple items without putting it in patch notes. Go Bethesda; that's the way to get more players into the game by increasing the grind and not fixing game breaking bugs such as the no damage bug and making the AI even wonkier...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The physical version for ps4 needs about 50 gigs and then there's a 50 gig update ?

Fallout 76 is down to €16 on a few of the unauthorized reseller sites.
    Can't recall any game dropping in price that quickly.
    Lootboxes on top of that is only gonna drive it down further. We could see sub €10 by January I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Safe to say they won't try a No Man's Sky on it.

Throw a rake of microtransactions in, abandon it and hope no-one remembers this when ES6 releases.

giphy.gif

Even a price drop to under a tenner wouldn't tempt me to buy this lump of shyte now that it's getting lootboxes.. i cant figure if it was always the plan or if they're just doing their absolute best to make the game and franchise as toxic as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Even a price drop to under a tenner wouldn't tempt me to buy this lump of shyte now that it's getting lootboxes.. i cant figure if it was always the plan or if they're just doing their absolute best to make the game and franchise as toxic as possible.

If someone offered me the game for free, I would reject it. There's no way I'd install this rubbish game on my consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

J. Marston wrote: »
    Safe to say they won't try a No Man's Sky on it.

Throw a rake of microtransactions in, abandon it and hope no-one remembers this when ES6 releases.

More chance of Bethesda issuing full refunds to everyone who bought this game than the internet ever forgetting this disaster.

They lost me for ES6 when they defended their engine :D

Not fit for purpose in this day and age.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Based on the code the packs you get when leveling up (currently free) were also planned to be sold; so yes it was always the plan to pack as many micro transaction as possible into the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    If someone offered me the game for free, I would reject it. There's no way I'd install this rubbish game on my consoles.

Have you played it? Or just going on the reports of others?

Advertisement