Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 76

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just purchased from ebay for £12.85 in prep for Wastelanders as no way in hell am I paying £36 for this.
    I'm sure the expansion will come with a fair few bugs but it will likely be patched somewhat by the time I get to it. Hopefully.

When is it out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Am I right in saying wastelanders is free?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Does one have to pay a sub now to play on their servers or whats the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

madcabbage wrote: »
    Does one have to pay a sub now to play on their servers or whats the craic?

Nope it's free to play. Sub is for your own private server which may have all enemies dead on as just a reused one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's €40 on Steam. You'd have to be mental to pay that after the endless list of problems that the game has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Had it from launcher back last year, played two days and gave up with all the bugs. Might give it a second chance though seeing as it’s on my steam account now.

• Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Nope it's free to play. Sub is for your own private server which may have all enemies dead on as just a reused one.

The game is not free to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

The game is not free to play!

You buy game then not pay a sub. You have the option to pay extra for private server which is included in the sub plus so credits for paint or other useful stuff in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

played the update today.... Still rubbish, played for a good few hours today, boring and still ****e, deleted, never to play again...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

It's free this weekend so just a heads up for any newcomers looking to give it a go: Sometimes you will find high level enemies in lower level areas. Apparently this is because a high level character was there before you and so the area scales to them...pretty dumb but then, Bethesda. :rolleyes: To combat this, hop into another server and enemies should be at your level.

Or just play the game in front of you? A world in which everyting is of a similar level to your character would be pretty dumb (and boring) imo. Stumbling upon and having to deal with (or evade) higher level enemies is a fun part of a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

BeardySi wrote: »
    Or just play the game in front of you? A world in which everyting is of a similar level to your character would be pretty dumb (and boring) imo. Stumbling upon and having to deal with (or evade) higher level enemies is a fun part of a game.

Totally agree. It's why I loved in Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 randomly going for walks in far flung areas and encountering ridiculously tough enemies, the sense of satisfaction from killing them is immense.

I don't mind linear scaling in an traditional, equally linear FPS game, but not in an open world game.

Homelander wrote: »
    Totally agree. It's why I loved in Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 randomly going for walks in far flung areas and encountering ridiculously tough enemies, the sense of satisfaction from killing them is immense.

I don't mind linear scaling in an traditional, equally linear FPS game, but not in an open world game.

New vegas got rid of that, which annoyed me, I remember coming across a death claw very early in the game near the mart place and it was chasing a kid, I love that kind of randomness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So you think it's OK to spawn a bunch of level 68 super mutants in level a 10 quest line for a game that is already scaled higher than stated to accommodate a group of players? Except "the game in front of you" is clearly broken in this regard hence my tip. If it was working as intended you wouldn't be able to serve hop to reset it.

Totally agree with this. Currently level 34. Had missions to do that were level 24+. Could not do them. Some high levels players spawned in the area and enemies were level 68. I'd be wasting all my resources just to kill a couple. Would not be worth the gained XP.

All Eyes On Rafah

BeardySi wrote: »

Unfortunately he is talking about an enemy that is substantially higher level than you. Your guns, skills, resources would not be enough to kill or Evade. And you could be prevented from completing quests at your level. I do agree with certain parts of the map containing very powerful enemies like scorchBeasts. Just the way its done now, is abit unfair.

All Eyes On Rafah

See, I don't see anything wrong with a challenge that can't be overcome occasionally.

Plenty of times I've encountered a much higher level mob of supers or ghouls while hopelessly underpowered. You either try and fight smart (sometimes works), run (usually works) or die (all too often). It's a game that isn't linear - you don't have to defeat the mob, there are plenty of other things to do for a while, and it's a game where dying isn't so terrible. My most memorable moments in game are all mostly revolving around the excitement to trying to deal with those "oh sh1t" encounters...

Personally I'd much rather that than have my hand held by a game mechanic which allows me to comfortably lay waste to all around me.

I dont mind the 'Oh sh1t' encounters, they are part of the game, such as running to a Deathclaw. But there needs to a mechanism to stop lvl 44 mole rats spawning when you are lvl 9.

All Eyes On Rafah

Anyone able to help with with the Tadpole revive an ally quest?

I need one of ye to die so I can bring ya back to life :D

I've done all the parts needed to complete the quest and get the backpacks.

Holy fcuk it's been one long quest, taken me a lot of time.

All Eyes On Rafah

Anyone able to help with with the Tadpole revive an ally quest?

I need one of ye to die so I can bring ya back to life :D

I've done all the parts needed to complete the quest and get the backpacks.

Holy fcuk it's been one long quest, taken me a lot of time.

Good thing I wasnt waiting for ye :D :pac:

Finally sorted it. I saw a new player spawned at Vault 76. So i stalked him until he went to the farm and barn just down from the vault and was ambushed by Scorched. I waited until he died, ran it, shot everyone and fixed him right up. Quest done, backpack is mine. :cool:

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Good thing I wasnt waiting for ye :D :pac:

Finally sorted it. I saw a new player spawned at Vault 76. So i stalked him until he went to the farm and barn just down from the vault and was ambushed by Scorched. I waited until he died, ran it, shot everyone and fixed him right up. Quest done, backpack is mine. :cool:
    Stalks a newbie, watches them die, runs in to play the hero. Yup, clearly a psychopath with a hero complex :pac:

Nody wrote: »
    Stalks a newbie, watches them die, runs in to play the hero. Yup, clearly a psychopath with a hero complex :pac:

Well I am on friendly terms with the raiders.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Not the game's fault you effed up ;) :P

That said, I boredom quit some time ago. After 9 solid months of playing it just got OLD - which I suppose isn't bad for a game really. Have tried Wastelanders but it's just not recapturing my interest - there's no character investment to draw you into the plotline.

Plus, it's turned into The Sims with all the atom shop crap and wacky camps you find. I could sub for 1st and play an RP type world with a few buddies but see my earlier comment re: boredom.

Advertisement