Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 76

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What's it about then

Reporting in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Varik wrote: »
    Reporting in general.

Like oneangrygamer.net does?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Actually it is. Its turn based. Each weapon has a cost of AP to fire and depending on skills of your character you will have a set amount of AP per turn. The other difference is that in fallout 2 you have only your own character, not a squad. The party members you recruit think for themselves.

The additions made by the Killap unofficial patch really made the game excel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Like oneangrygamer.net does?
    Nobody at Kotaku has ever claimed or will ever claim to be objective. "Objectivity" is a silly thing to strive for.

Make of it what you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

This was posted over on OcUK forums. Obviously take with a large grain of salt!

452209.png

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sounds great to me. I loved the base building in 4, my favourite bit about the game

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya, I spent an obscene amount of time making the Castle an absolute fortress and restoring the walls and applying finishing touches.

I did however hate Preston and his f**king settlement needs defending bo**ocks, what a terrible feature.

When they introduced Mods I downloaded to a dev vault with every item in the game in it and fleeced it of parts and made all the settlements at least able to defend themselves and ignored any request form Preston.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Upgraded FO4 Creation engine - Die already!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still same fecking engine?!?! It will run like ass again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im interested in seeing how this pans out.

No interest in a persistent world based around PvP as that type of thing requires too much time.

A co-op version of a PvE world be sweet though imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I am really interested to see where this goes, I have zero interest in any multiplayer mode and hope that all this co-op is purely optional. I would love a new Fallout along the lines of new vegas but at the same time a different take on the Fallout universe does interest me (assuming you can single player it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Still same fecking engine?!?! It will run like ass again.

That's the big problem. It looks pretty good but not so good that it excuses the horrible performance.

My interested in revived in this now based on that post above, hopefully it's legit.

Only problem is I have to actually finish Fallout 4 first, and I haven't even started any of the DLC....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Delighted its not an MMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's the big problem. It looks pretty good but not so good that it excuses the horrible performance.

My interested in revived in this now based on that post above, hopefully it's legit.

Only problem is I have to actually finish Fallout 4 first, and I haven't even started any of the DLC....

No doubt this is a while off anyway so plenty of time to finish them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Saying it will be released July 31st..

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Saying it will be released July 31st..

Haha better chance of pigs flying.......

Bethesda don't usually have a huge gap between announcing and release do they? I recall Fallout 4 being out within 4 or 5 months. July does seem a bit too soon though.

Is any of the fallout 4 DLC worth it? As much as I didn't enjoy it, I still got the platinum trophy so mustn't have been that bad so maybe will give it another go, get familiar with three base building again since that seems to be a big part of 76.

Bethesda don't usually have a huge gap between announcing and release do they? I recall Fallout 4 being out within 4 or 5 months. July does seem a bit too soon though.

We got lucky with fallout 4 and it was a longggggggg year for skyrim.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is any of the fallout 4 DLC worth it? As much as I didn't enjoy it, I still got the platinum trophy so mustn't have been that bad so maybe will give it another go, get familiar with three base building again since that seems to be a big part of 76.

The harbour one is decent, haven't played the other meaty one yet but it looks good, all the rest are just meh tbh unless you want trophies.

The harbour one is decent, haven't played the other meaty one yet but it looks good, all the rest are just meh tbh unless you want trophies.

The DLC has come right down in price over the years, will wait for it to drop again but might take a bite unless 76 does actually release in July which would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Posted on Reddit
    Hi. I'm Jason Schreier, from Kotaku. I had forgotten how... passionate the Fallout community can get. After I reported on Fallout 4's existence in 2013, people here first spent two years calling me a liar, and then when it was confirmed, they just yelled at me for "spoiling the surprise." But hey, I'm also a big fan of the series, and in fact may or may not have just started replaying Fallout 4 on my PC in the wake of this week's news.

I've seen a lot of rage and confusion (and denial) on this subreddit so I just wanted to chime in to say a couple of things. One is that, after publishing my story, I heard from a few other sources (in addition to the three mentioned in the article) corroborating that Fallout 76 is an online game. If you're really still in denial, I guess you can wait until June 10, but hey, don't say I didn't tell you.

The second thing is that I'm very optimistic about this game. The buzz I'm hearing (both first- and second-hand) is that it's really cool, interesting, and just as story-focused as any other Bethesda Game Studios game. It might have multiplayer and base-building, but hey, it's still a Fallout game. I don't want to drive hype for a game I haven't seen or played, but I also don't want people to be so closed-minded that they spend the next nine days freaking out every day on Reddit because this game isn't going to be like the last three.

I mean, how many of you remember when hardcore Fallout fans flipped a **** because Bethesda was making a first-person shooter?

I think that in retrospect I shouldn't have tweeted that anyone expecting a traditional single-player Fallout will be "very disappointed" -- really, I should have said that they'll be very surprised. I wanted (and still want) to make sure people's expectations are calibrated accordingly.

Short version: Yes, Fallout 76 is going to be a multiplayer RPG. No, that's not automatically a bad thing. Just like all of you, I'm stoked to see the game on June 10, and I'm optimistic that it's going to be really cool.

(PS - Special shoutout to those of you who AREN'T sending me nasty and antisemitic messages on Twitter!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I enjoyed Nuka Cola world. Lots to do and things to try

All Eyes On Rafah

I'm liking the sound of it tbh. A departure from the usual formula is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Anyone else reckon this sounds like a feint for F5?
    I'm guessing it's going to be a lightweight phone-capable app like fallout shelter instead of a 50gig AAA

They'll announce the details at E3 for 76, then slap up a reveal for F5 to be ready for this christmas or summer 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone else reckon this sounds like a feint for F5?
    I'm guessing it's going to be a lightweight phone-capable app like fallout shelter instead of a 50gig AAA

They'll announce the details at E3 for 76, then slap up a reveal for F5 to be ready for this christmas or summer 2019

Nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Thargor wrote: »
    Nah.

Any reason why you're saying nah? ye know, to further discussion?

expecting a Nah to both :pac: surprise me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

that Fallout 76 is an online game, It might have multiplayer and base-building

George-Costanza-Im-out.gif

Advertisement