Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 76

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Anyone setting up Irish clans?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

30 minutes of gameplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Gopher' thoughts...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lack of music is off putting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I watched a good bit of the play through videos yesterday,and i have to say,i swerving this one,RDR2 coming out just before i think will hurt it.It looks great and i imagine with a group of mates it will be fun,but the survival/base building stuff doesn't appeal to me at all..

I may pick it up down the line,but at the moment its not doing anything for me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Lack of music is off putting.

This!!! I just could not figure out whats wrong with it. It felt so lifeless and dead, just silence.

If this gameay is pretty much Fallout 76, then I am completely done with it. Not going to even bother. First fallout since F1, that just will go in to "Get it when its dirt cheap on sale" section.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm going to give this one a bit of a pass, until Christmas at least and go all in on RDR2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

If i could play as a ghoul or super mutant i would probably jump into it, the whole thing just seem's very boring. No npc's bleh im sure running around with your friends will be fun but they could have added some faction's or anything in there to side with, some npc town's, some dungeon type things.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I watched the Vid,

honest opinions?

It seems okay, but like its missing something!

Seems like an effort make by an enthusiastic modding community.

Ill wait until after Christmas to pick this up, see how things are progressing. Ive too many good games to finish and try at the moment (New AC, RDR2, more Spiderman)

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

When the mods are opened up. (May take a few years) I'm hoping we get sone 'real bot players' with offline play mode . Just know this game is gonna be pants with all the douchebags out there... But happy to be wrong.

• The latest footage is underwhelming to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Could be fun with the right people, but from what I've seen so far, I'll be in no rush to pick it up either. Besides, RDR2, new Hitman, and Darksiders III are all out around the same time, so I won't be stuck for something to play coming up to Christmas.

Latest gameplay footage seems to have turned more people away from the game than drawn people in. It does all look very boring admittedly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

i didn't see much of the footage. What I did see was more like a Fallout 4 mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Could be fun with the right people, but from what I've seen so far, I'll be in no rush to pick it up either. Besides, RDR2, new Hitman, and Darksiders III are all out around the same time, so I won't be stuck for something to play coming up to Christmas.

ahhhhhh i was forgetting the new Hitman!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

ahhhhhh i was forgetting the new Hitman!

I worry it might get overlooked due to the (admittedly stellar) competition this year, but it's a favourite series of mine, so hope it still does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Currently downloading the stress test for XB1. Looking forward to checking this out tonight! :D

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1050058017742495745

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The more I look at it the more I feel like its a baby, heavily downgraded with carebear mechanics Rustwith fallout skins. This thing will tank to the bottom and fast.

Fallout universe is interesting, because of the setting, characters, world, humour, oddities etc. When you take out characters and npcs the whole world just falls apart.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fallout 4 was a stunning disappointment for me. I’m hoping this is good but it just looks like they have learned absolutely nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The more I look at it the more I feel like its a baby, heavily downgraded with carebear mechanics Rustwith fallout skins. This thing will tank to the bottom and fast.

Fallout universe is interesting, because of the setting, characters, world, humour, oddities etc. When you take out characters and npcs the whole world just falls apart.

Yeah its an SP game for me, not really arsed with that type of PVP and babycore.

Fallout is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Fallout is dead

To you maybe, otherwise not even slightly.

To you maybe, otherwise not even slightly.

Yeah to me. Its an RPG in my mind. Whatever this is and fallout 4 was are garbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Why even put them in the same sentence. This is an online PVP/PVE base building game. Fallout 4 is still an RPG, bit diluted maybe but still an RPG at its core. Pretty sure it's the best selling game in the franchise too. I probably prefered FO3 or New Vegas relative to when they came out but it's still a great game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i've absolutely no interest in this tbh. As above, Fallout is a single player game, with interesting characters and quests. Remove all of that, and VATs, and you can barely even call it a Fallout game. The gunplay in Fallout 4 wasn't exactly good, and that's pretty much what this will be judged on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

All I want from the Bethesda RPGS - be they Fallout or Elder Scrolls - is the ability to play one of their games co-op. None of this only online with PVP and no NPCs, but have a drop-in/drop-out co-op option and be PVE only. It's not a small ask from a technical POV, I understand this, but that's what I'd wish they'd made this game into.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I will admit to not watching much gameplay but reading all the negatives i just had to turn to one of the good fallout content creators for his thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I get caught in the hype every time. 3 was OK but I never finished it, 4 was worse, the whole settlement building thing felt off and overall I was sorry I got it. Saw that video yesterday (a little of the gameplay) and it piqued my interest :(
    but I don't think I'll get it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement