Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident about iPhone X in Galway

Options
  • 30-05-2018 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]I bought an iPhone X from the Galway Store in Ey[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]re[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] Square Shopping Centre on the 10/05/2018[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]. A few days after I opened the sealed box I fo[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]und tha[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]t th[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]e[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] display[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] was clicking[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] at the bottom, this worried me as the phone is supposed to be water resistant[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]. From previous experience with dealing with Eir, I knew that they would send me to an Apple Store, so I brought it to the local[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] Ap[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]ple Store[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont].[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] Once I brought it to the local Apple Store[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] and created a repair with them it was discovered that the seal was remove[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]d which is why it was clicking[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] and there was a tear on a piece of t[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]he inside [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]material[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] on one of [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]the main boards[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] of the phone. When I brought this back down to the Eir shop, with pictures and a full service report,  I was[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] told to contact customer serivce and that there was nothing they could do for me and that would have to send it back to their technician when it has already been proven that the iPhone had been tampered with. I then left the store with no resolution and a faulty iPhone X. I hope this issue will be dealt with as so far, I have been extremely disappointed. [/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]I bought an iPhone X from the Galway Store in Ey[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]re[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] Square Shopping Centre on the 10/05/2018[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]. A few days after I opened the sealed box I fo[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]und tha[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]t th[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]e[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] display[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] was clicking[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] at the bottom, this worried me as the phone is supposed to be water resistant[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]. From previous experience with dealing with Eir, I knew that they would send me to an Apple Store, so I brought it to the local[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] Ap[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]ple Store[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont].[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] Once I brought it to the local Apple Store[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] and created a repair with them it was discovered that the seal was remove[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]d which is why it was clicking[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] and there was a tear on a piece of t[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]he inside [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]material[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] on one of [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]the main boards[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] of the phone. When I brought this back down to the Eir shop, with pictures and a full service report, I was[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont] told to contact customer serivce and that there was nothing they could do for me and that would have to send it back to their technician when it has already been proven that the iPhone had been tampered with. I then left the store with no resolution and a faulty iPhone X. I hope this issue will be dealt with as so far, I have been extremely disappointed. [/font]
    Hi there MIchaelCurley

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here. I'm so sorry to hear what happened with your handset. If a handset was purchased in-store, it needs to be dealt with by that particular store. If you dealt with Apple directly and was given proof of this, the store manager should escalate this there and not have suggested contacting Customer Care as they will not be able to assist you with this.

Would you mind just sending me your mobile number in a PM so I can get this looked into, please?

-Kyle

Advertisement