Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about Word processor for Leaving Cert

Options
  • 30-05-2018 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'll be in the computer room with 16 people at max capacity and when im doing history and applied maths i will be by myself. All 16 are doing their leaving cert examination on a computer. I got a couple of questions.

1. For Junior Cert (I did the exam on computer then too) I had a teacher from school, who thought us (and still is), as the supervisor, will the same be the case for the leaving? Will it be an outside supervisor especially since the supervisors are short at the moment?

2. Am i allowed bring in my own keyboard as i have grown accustomed to using it, and the ones in school are ****e?

3. I am concerned about the quality of some of the computers, particularly the monitors in school as the colour is distorted on some and i spent my mocks moving around as the glare from the sun was making it impossible to see. Will i be allowed to move place should something similar happen, especially with the good weather we have at the moment?

4. Whats the whole thing about saving my files during the exam. Do I have to?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your files will be handed up with your printed out answers, probably on a CD.

I really can't see an issue with the keyboard, but you would have to check in advances.

If you cannot see your monitor, tell the supervisor and inform the school's Examinations Secretary.

Ask all your questions to a person in your school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MRROBOT1698

spurious wrote: »
    Your files will be handed up with your printed out answers, probably on a CD.

I really can't see an issue with the keyboard, but you would have to check in advances.

If you cannot see your monitor, tell the supervisor and inform the school's Examinations Secretary.

Ask all your questions to a person in your school.

What about the supervisor, Surely it goes against SEC guidelines to have a teacher from our own school supervising us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What about the supervisor, Surely it goes against SEC guidelines to have a teacher from our own school supervising us.

It's a special centre. Yes, ideally, it shouldn't be someone from your own school, but as you know they have had terrible problems recruiting people to superintend this year.
    Are you sure it is someone from your school?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Keyboard is no problem. I'd just advise you to "practice" setting it up first. I know it's just a case of plugging in a USB but if the PC isn't cooperating you don't want to be restarting the morning of the exam etc.

Advertisement