Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭tommylad1212

I would say there definitely is demand there

Where in ballygunner? What other club would have numbers, the junior b and c championship would have a lot of older lads playing on teams

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

The County Board, and the GAA generally, have a mandate to encourage people to play games which is good for the health and well-being of all our communities. Wouldn't it be great to see a more diverse group of members playing more games more often? I saw an initiative recently called 'GAA Mammies' which was just about getting mothers up once a week to have a kick around which is a great initiative and brings the community into the club.

It strikes me that they're feeling very under pressure to get through their existing workload and facilitate the games that they have - which is understandable if they are trying to control a huge masterplan centrally.

There were proposals a couple of years back to have 7-a-side and 10-a-side tournaments, stuff that the WIT were organising under lights also - I'm not sure where that's at.

Maybe this is something clubs should be looking to organise themselves locally and take the pressure off the master schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Thought Dungarvan could have pushed on a bit better in the second half against a weakened Ballygunner side. Not good when Ballygunner were missing about 5 of their usual starting defenders and they still win. Great penalty save by SOK in the first half.

Passage put in a better second half effort against de la Salle but just not good enough on the day.

Ballygunner looked a bit light weight, particularly in defence. Dessie Hutchinson an interesting one, started very brightly showing great pace and touch but faded a bit in second half. Will be interesting to see how he settles back to hurling, was considered a real prospect before going the soccer route.

Sokys save from currans penalty was crucial, dungarvan were on top at the time and missed another good goal chance a minute later, would have been interesting if they had taken their chances.

I thought dls were considerably the better team in the first game, some nice passing moves all over the field. They gave away too many frees which kept passage in the game. Jack Fagan looked good, missed a few frees but got some lovely scores and well able to win his own ball.

Where in ballygunner? What other club would have numbers, the junior b and c championship would have a lot of older lads playing on teams

Look at the amount of totally knackered guys above 35 playing 5-a-side and 7-a-side football on astro pitches every week.

They just want a weekly game to keep fit and to have a bit of banter. Standard is invariably awful - but they're out exercising and being social.

A lot of those guys wouldn't dream about playing Junior hurling and football because a) there isn't any regular game involved - it's totally sporadic, and b) they don't want to be broken up chasing after 20 year olds on a full sized pitch.

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Ballygunner looked a bit light weight, particularly in defence. Dessie Hutchinson an interesting one, started very brightly showing great pace and touch but faded a bit in second half. Will be interesting to see how he settles back to hurling, was considered a real prospect before going the soccer route.

Sokys save from currans penalty was crucial, dungarvan were on top at the time and missed another good goal chance a minute later, would have been interesting if they had taken their chances.

I thought dls were considerably the better team in the first game, some nice passing moves all over the field. They gave away too many frees which kept passage in the game. Jack Fagan looked good, missed a few frees but got some lovely scores and well able to win his own ball.

Is Jack Fagan someone who should be in the county team at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Deisegodeo wrote: »

Yeah DLS always seemed in control and had them at arms length. Fagan is probably worth a look at intercounty yeah. Looks big and has a good hand to catch a ball. Could fit into our half forward line well and can also hit frees.

Kiely from Abbeyside is definitely a great prospect too.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

hardybuck wrote: »
    The County Board, and the GAA generally, have a mandate to encourage people to play games which is good for the health and well-being of all our communities. Wouldn't it be great to see a more diverse group of members playing more games more often? I saw an initiative recently called 'GAA Mammies' which was just about getting mothers up once a week to have a kick around which is a great initiative and brings the community into the club.

It strikes me that they're feeling very under pressure to get through their existing workload and facilitate the games that they have - which is understandable if they are trying to control a huge masterplan centrally.

There were proposals a couple of years back to have 7-a-side and 10-a-side tournaments, stuff that the WIT were organising under lights also - I'm not sure where that's at.

Maybe this is something clubs should be looking to organise themselves locally and take the pressure off the master schedule.

cork GAA run a social league during the winter. Also Gaultier run an over 35s comp. of the players we had turned out for us last year, approx 55 were ex players and members of our club who hadnt played in years, of those 55 approx 6-7 were still playing. Of the other teams on the day rathg dungarvan etc a load of their lads werent playing either.

lads are more inclined to come out of retirement to play against lads of similiar physical condition then be chasing after some 22 year old gym bunny. if it was graded correctly i.e. not have the brick eligible for eg it would be a fantastic competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Kiely from Abbeyside is definitely a great prospect too.

He was v good for minors last year. Especially in the Tipp game when we had the big comeback to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

cork GAA run a social league during the winter. Also Gaultier run an over 35s comp. of the players we had turned out for us last year, approx 55 were ex players and members of our club who hadnt played in years, of those 55 approx 6-7 were still playing. Of the other teams on the day rathg dungarvan etc a load of their lads werent playing either.

lads are more inclined to come out of retirement to play against lads of similiar physical condition then be chasing after some 22 year old gym bunny. if it was graded correctly i.e. not have the brick eligible for eg it would be a fantastic competition.

A competition that would also get many ex players back involved in their clubs, which could eventually lead on to them getting involved in coaching juveniles or maybe the administration side. I have seen it working with the over 35s soccer, where lads in their 50s and 60s are still playing. No reason that can't happen in GAA circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

KevIRL wrote: »
    He was v good for minors last year. Especially in the Tipp game when we had the big comeback to win.

Is he the lad that moved from half back late in the game and caused havoc in the Tipp full back line?
    If it's him, i was very impressed with him that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any news on the senior management team ???

Are they staying on
    Are they adding more too the backroom team

Were any of the current setup spotted watching games over the weekend?

carter10 wrote: »
    KevIRL wrote: »

Is he the lad that moved from half back late in the game and caused havoc in the Tipp full back line?
    If it's him, i was very impressed with him that day.

Yeah that was him. He was the star of that team and was / still is a great ball winner.
    Hopefully he’s one who continues to improve. We could do with some good talent coming through.

How old is Fagan?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Any news on the senior management team ???

Are they staying on
    Are they adding more too the backroom team

Two year term

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Yeah that was him. He was the star of that team and was / still is a great ball winner.
    Hopefully he’s one who continues to improve. We could do with some good talent coming through.

How old is Fagan?

I'd say we could calm down a bit about young Kiely, even though I consider him the best underage prospect in the county. But he's only turning 18 this year and physically he has a lot of developing still to do.

Fagan was a sub on the all ireland winning under 21 team so 24 this year. He's impressed in both games for DLS. While he's not bad in the air, he's not a Séamus Prendergast style ball winner. I'd say he's more rounded than that and more mobile. Strikes me as quite a clever player too, he looks to bring others into the game

Is Jack Fagan someone who should be in the county team at this stage?

Was on the panel under Derek and got injured

I'd say we could calm down a bit about young Kiely, even though I consider him the best underage prospect in the county. But he's only turning 18 this year and physically he has a lot of developing still to do.

Fagan was a sub on the all ireland winning under 21 team so 24 this year. He's impressed in both games for DLS. While he's not bad in the air, he's not a Séamus Prendergast style ball winner. I'd say he's more rounded than that and more mobile. Strikes me as quite a clever player too, he looks to bring others into the game

Yeah very true. He's still very young so has a lot of developing to do and may not even want to keep hurling. Who knows. Tough lad though. Took a bad hit against Mount Sion and was down for a few minutes but in fairness, he got up and kept at it. Think it was Aussie who caught him while trying to double on a high ball.

Yeah agree on Fagan. He may not be the answer to our problems either and is probably being built up a little too. He's no Joe Canning but a fine hurler at club level so worth another run if injury free.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭EYEBALLSOUT

Wipe the slate clean with all the players and make them start from scratch irrespective of reputations. If we want to go places nxt year they have to get players who can win their own ball and battles because ultimately in the heat of championship hurling all the games are decided ultimately on the which team can do the basics right- tackling, 1st touch, shooting and most importantly our ability to win primary possession.
    All the close games take the same route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Wipe the slate clean with all the players and make them start from scratch irrespective of reputations.

What does this actually mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭EYEBALLSOUT

What does this actually mean?

Well it’s fairly straightforward. In order to move forward all players putting themselves forward for selection nxt year need to be at the one level, feel equal and whatever achievements the more experienced players have achieved be it personal or as part of the collective doesn’t come into the reckoning when being selected. This will give younger lads the sense they can break onto the team or panel and it puts the older lads on notice- performance is all that matters not past glories etc etc... hope that helps clarify it for you...

• Advertisement

Yeah very true. He's still very young so has a lot of developing to do and may not even want to keep hurling. Who knows. Tough lad though. Took a bad hit against Mount Sion and was down for a few minutes but in fairness, he got up and kept at it. Think it was Aussie who caught him while trying to double on a high ball.

Yeah agree on Fagan. He may not be the answer to our problems either and is probably being built up a little too. He's no Joe Canning but a fine hurler at club level so worth another run if injury free.

It doesn't appear that Fagan is being built up that much as people are still asking about what type of player he is.

Our forward line is so awful we'd hopefully see a few more lads tried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waternut

I don't think we are building Fagan up to be answer to all our forward issues. He's a big man, well able to put himself about, is not easily knocked off the ball and is not that bad a hurler either. Similar in many ways to Seamus Prendergast. Fagan probably has a little more hurling and speed..
    Our half and full forward lines lack physicality, presence and ability to catch a ball. Being honest, our forward line, apart from Gleeson, wouldn't catch a cold, and its not as if they're small men. Mahoney, Gleeson and the two Bennetts are at least six foot.
    I don't know what it is, poor coaching at underage, lack of competition underage or simple lack of real aggression, which unfotunately can't be coached into a player. I haven't figured it out yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Waternut wrote: »
    I don't think we are building Fagan up to be answer to all our forward issues. He's a big man, well able to put himself about, is not easily knocked off the ball and is not that bad a hurler either. Similar in many ways to Seamus Prendergast. Fagan probably has a little more hurling and speed..
    Our half and full forward lines lack physicality, presence and ability to catch a ball. Being honest, our forward line, apart from Gleeson, wouldn't catch a cold, and its not as if they're small men. Mahoney, Gleeson and the two Bennetts are at least six foot.
    I don't know what it is, poor coaching at underage, lack of competition underage or simple lack of real aggression, which unfotunately can't be coached into a player. I haven't figured it out yet.

Playing Gleeson in the forwards is certainly an experiment that needs to be halted ASAP. Wing Back or no where and when/if he matures and shows the necessary discipline centre back.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Yeah I'd agree, don't think Fagan is being built up too much - as stated by someone already he couldn't make the u21 team in 2016, albeit that was a very strong team, so expecting too much from him would be unfair. But he does have something about him that we lack at present - a ball winning forward with size and strength and can score, so he is certainly worth trying in next year's league in my view.

Michael kiely is another one worth trying, but he is a lot younger so unfair expectations shouldn't be placed on him, he woukd need time to settle in and grow into it.

Anyone else who may be could step up for next year? Our forward play was so poor this year, I feel we really need to find some new forwards, maybe some lads can step up, maybe not, but we do need to look at it. I see Billy Nolan played in the forwards for roanmore at the weekend, would he be worth looking at again? He looked a lot fitter this year I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Jack Fagan was a standout player again in round 2 of the championship, in absolute dreadful conditions he got some good scores whilst being man marked by Noel Connors.
    He definitely deserves a chance in a team which is crying out for fresh attack minded players.

Lets not get bogged down on the U21 selection, Calum Lyons couldn't get into a mediocre U21 team and look at how he's progressed given the opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jack Fagan was a standout player again in round 2 of the championship, in absolute dreadful conditions he got some good scores whilst being man marked by Noel Connors.
    He definitely deserves a chance in a team which is crying out for fresh attack minded players.

Lets not get bogged down on the U21 selection, Calum Lyons couldn't get into a mediocre U21 team and look at how he's progressed given the opportunity.

All depends on If Fagan can commit to intercounty

Looks like 2020 will be a write off and will end Fannings term (if he doesn't decide to go this year himself which looks unlikely) and some guys might 'take a year out'. Could be a massively new squad in pre season training come Oct/Nov. We cant afford to lose some quality players over below par management set ups

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Fagan came down from Meath with a big enough reputation, at least as someone who was deemed too good for a lower tier county but its been very slow to take off for him. As someone said he couldn't break into that u21 side and didn't exactly shoot the lights out for DLS either. Then a bad injury followed by a couple of summers in the States, I thought he would disappear but seems to be coming into his own at 23/24, still a quality hurler and could be an option for Waterford going forward.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    All depends on If Fagan can commit to intercounty

Looks like 2020 will be a write off and will end Fannings term (if he doesn't decide to go this year himself which looks unlikely) and some guys might 'take a year out'. Could be a massively new squad in pre season training come Oct/Nov. We cant afford to lose some quality players over below par management set ups

Or you cant afford to simply discard every manager because of sub par players?

The truth as always lies somewhere in between.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Or you cant afford to simply discard every manager because of sub par players?

The truth as always lies somewhere in between.

Would you give Fanning another year out of interest? I know there's no question he wouldn't get a second year in Tipp, but I imagine that will be qualified to some degree at least by the players at his disposal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Would you give Fanning another year out of interest? I know there's no question he wouldn't get a second year in Tipp, but I imagine that will be qualified to some degree at least by the players at his disposal

There's good players at Fannings disposal. They had crazy injuries last year, but it's basically the same panel that got to a final two years ago and semi's both years before that.

Other teams improved, our players should have behaved better. It's not as simple as saying it's all Fannings fault. It's not by a long stretch. But I hate to say it because he looks like a genuine guy who tries his best for the County, but he looks like he's not up to the job at all to be honest. Part of the job is getting the players to believe in you. If you can't, you haven't a hope.

And I don't blame the players fully for that either. They give up their social lives to play County basically. They have a right to get a manager they can get behind.

I would to be honest but he needs to have the courage of his convictions, cut the chord completely from the previous, put his stamp on the team and the style of hurling he wants them to play, a style remember that he moulded all the way up through their underage careers. And if there are certain players involved who dont buy in to it and have divided loyalties etc. bye bye, no county should ever be held ransom to by its players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Like, if we want lads who will give everything regardless of who's in charge we can get them. If we keep fanning next year I suspect some of the players won't come back and we'll get a panel of lads dying to show that they're worth keeping when we get a new manager and the other players come back. It will be like the Cork players that played truth the strike, or the limerick ones in Justin's seconds year there. And we won't criticise fanning because we couldn't expect him to do any better when so many players don't play for him. And we won't criticise the players because they're trying their best, they're just not the best 15 in the county. But we'll be doing well to be getting beat by 10 points a game.

I would to be honest but he needs to have the courage of his convictions, cut the chord completely from the previous, put his stamp on the team and the style of hurling he wants them to play, a style remember that he moulded all the way up through their underage careers. And if there are certain players involved who dont buy in to it and have divided loyalties etc. bye bye, no county should ever be held ransom to by its players.

Think you're confusing him with Sean Power or somebody else? He wasn't involved with them underage. He was a selector with Davy with both Waterford and Wexford when they setup quite negatively. Not sure what his vision is, but his grounding is in the same school as that of Derek McGrath. Don't think anything we saw this year was an ode to the previous setup.

Waterford’s Michael Ryan was on the GAA hour podcast today and stated that Waterford have massively underachieved in recent years. He made a point that this team were at their peak about two years ago with the blend of youth and experience. Hard to argue really.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭upthedeise16

Waterford’s Michael Ryan was on the GAA hour podcast today and stated that Waterford have massively underachieved in recent years. He made a point that this team were at their peak about two years ago with the blend of youth and experience. Hard to argue really.

Listened to it, spoke a lot of sense, our Munster record is abysmal and even though we did reach an All-Ireland final, we have underachieved in the Munster championship.
    It was his first time to speak about his departure which is 6 years ago, speaks volume of the man compared to Derek who has been so public. Ryan was pushed out yet decided to just move on and his ego wasn’t so inflated that he would go to the lesser counties like Westmeath. Ryan should be regarded as a legend in our county, going to the ladies matches in Croker and winning those All-Ireland’s was my only chance as a youngster to go to Croke Park as our hurlers were in demise. An undervalued character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Alf Tupper

Listened to it, spoke a lot of sense, our Munster record is abysmal and even though we did reach an All-Ireland final, we have underachieved in the Munster championship.
    It was his first time to speak about his departure which is 6 years ago, speaks volume of the man compared to Derek who has been so public. Ryan was pushed out yet decided to just move on and his ego wasn’t so inflated that he would go to the lesser counties like Westmeath. Ryan should be regarded as a legend in our county, going to the ladies matches in Croker and winning those All-Ireland’s was my only chance as a youngster to go to Croke Park as our hurlers were in demise. An undervalued character.

Treated disgracefully by McGrath and his stalking horses aka the DLS PPU that he got to do the dirt for him. Karma is a bitch though and the wheel is turning for the same guys!!

Think you're confusing him with Sean Power or somebody else? He wasn't involved with them underage. He was a selector with Davy with both Waterford and Wexford when they setup quite negatively. Not sure what his vision is, but his grounding is in the same school as that of Derek McGrath. Don't think anything we saw this year was an ode to the previous setup.

He had us this year playing even more negatively thàn Derek. My abiding memory of this year's championship will be Waterford playing with a gale against limerick, driving the ball down on maurice, who was outnumbered 4 to 1 and not a Waterford forward near him.
    It was crazy stuff.
    The players get alot of criticism for giving up that day and rightly so but at the same time fannings tactics didn't help them.
    He has to go.

Alf Tupper wrote: »

Treated disgracefully by McGrath and his stalking horses aka the DLS PPU that he got to do the dirt for him. Karma is a bitch though and the wheel is turning for the same guys!!

No bull**** about this man. Had us playing some good hurling and so unlucky not to beat kilkenny in thurlus.
    Would love to see him back as manager but can't see it ever happening.

Well it’s fairly straightforward. In order to move forward all players putting themselves forward for selection nxt year need to be at the one level, feel equal and whatever achievements the more experienced players have achieved be it personal or as part of the collective doesn’t come into the reckoning when being selected. This will give younger lads the sense they can break onto the team or panel and it puts the older lads on notice- performance is all that matters not past glories etc etc... hope that helps clarify it for you...

29 players played for Waterford in the championship this year, nearly two different teams. I would be fairly certain that is more than any other County to date.

What's this assumption about players being picked on reputation? We're all experts on team selection in hindsight, I don't doubt Fanning and every Waterford manager that has come before him was in a better place to judge who was performing in training/challenges as well as the competitive games rather than the hurlers on the ditch.

What you're saying is stating the absolute obvious. To put our failures down to player selection is just far too simplistic. Do you think Fanning said to the squad " right lads the 10 lads sitting over there are nailed on so realistically the other 25 of ye are playing for 5 places. Best of luck"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

What’s it like to feel happy about seeing your county team up s**t creek? Must be bizarre

• Advertisement

Correct and right, apologies, not really sure in hindsight how I confused the two :(

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

People still giving out about Derek:rolleyes:

Michael Ryan banging on about an abysmal Munster Record, didn't he lose against Clare in 2013? Nearly beating Kilkenny must be a great achievement. Big Bad Derek actually went and did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

BazBox wrote: »
    People still giving out about Derek:rolleyes:

Michael Ryan banging on about an abysmal Munster Record, didn't he lose against Clare in 2013? Nearly beating Kilkenny must be a great achievement. Big Bad Derek actually went and did it.

How many attempts did Derek have to have?

What are you suggesting here? That when Michael Ryan was manager, Derek decided he wanted the job so asked the DLS players to rattle the boat and oust the manager on the assumption that he'd definitely get the vacant job and then the DLS players went along with it?

That's a bit of a stretch, even for social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

JeffKenna wrote: »
    How many attempts did Derek have to have?

A good few. Was there any particular reason Ryan only got 1?

I was surprised that Micheal Ryan resigned at the time, but he said he'd lost the dressing room.

But do people ever consider that given the players have played at top level with some of the best coaches and management setups through from Harty cup to fitzgibbon to inter county that they might no a bit more about when an particular management team is delivering the best for them than say a fan who has no access to training?

And that highly motivated players who can get to a level where they are selected for an inter county don't just jeopardize there chance of success by deciding to have "a good mate" in charge of the team?

Just on Fanning, would any other County accept the defeats we've taken this year and give the manager a second year? Or if so, what's the level of their aspirations?

I was surprised that Micheal Ryan resigned at the time, but he said he'd lost the dressing room.

But do people ever consider that given the players have played at top level with some of the best coaches and management setups through from Harty cup to fitzgibbon to inter county that they might no a bit more about when an particular management team is delivering the best for them than say a fan who has no access to training?

And that highly motivated players who can get to a level where they are selected for an inter county don't just jeopardize there chance of success by deciding to have "a good mate" in charge of the team?

Just on Fanning, would any other County accept the defeats we've taken this year and give the manager a second year? Or if so, what's the level of their aspirations?

How many more managers are going to be cast aside before the players are looked at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Without wanting to reopen old wounds he was treated terribly that day

How many more managers are going to be cast aside before the players are looked at.

The last manager had 5 years. The previous manager 2 years, the one before that 3 and a half years and the one before that 7 years (the longest of any manager in hurling outside of Cody in my memory). This casting managers aside thing is nonsense. Moran and Brick the only players on the panel that were there in 2008.

Two years ago they were in an all Ireland final. Doesn't give them a divine right to anything subsequent to that, but the least you expect is some level of competiveness. We couldn't get within 10 points of any of the qualifiers from Munster. I'm not saying players are beyond criticism or that some might have time called on their careers. But I think Fanning should go regardless.

If he's still there next year then so be it. The very least that needs to be done now is to strongly evaluate the alternatives.

The last manager had 5 years. The previous manager 2 years, the one before that 3 and a half years and the one before that 7 years (the longest of any manager in hurling outside of Cody in my memory). This casting managers aside thing is nonsense. Moran and Brick the only players on the panel that were there in 2008.

Thats a very selective way of analysing it. Another way of looking at it would be -Justin McCarthy ousted by the players, Davy Fitz heavily criticised throughout and hes head was called for after the 2011 MF, Michael Ryan shafted by the players, Derek McGrath heavily criticised throughout his reign and now you are happy to throw Fanning to the wolves!

Interesting that you mention Cody - Cody had a terrible start to his tenure and it took him 3 years to earn success, same as both Nicky English and Liam Sheedy in Tipp.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement