Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Hard to put getting sent off 60 seconds after coming on v Cork last year down to frustration!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cork
    Tipp
    Galway
    Limerick
    Westmeath

Our league opponents for 2020 with the fixtures prob been out in september sometime. Very daunting

We should send a few scouts out to the world games. Surely we could provide clubs and jobs to any of the good foreign players ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Cork
    Tipp
    Galway
    Limerick
    Westmeath

Our league opponents for 2020 with the fixtures prob been out in september sometime. Very daunting

We should send a few scouts out to the world games. Surely we could provide clubs and jobs to any of the good foreign players ha.

Hardly. A rejigged league won't make it any bigger of a competition to worry about. Despite reaching an All Ireland semi and winning a Munster title, Limerick won 3 and lost 3 games in the championship after winning the league and our summer speaks for itself. With the current championship structure, the league is becoming more and more irrelevant every year.

Grp A- Dungarvan 2-31- Clonea 1-8
    Grp B- Abbeyside 2-10- Roanmore 0-16
    Grp B- Mount Sion 2-19- Fourmilewater 2-11

Abbeyside top Group B
    DLS top Group C

Current score in Grp C game Lismore 2-13- Passage 1-10

Final game Ballygunner vs Tallow in Grp A starts at 19.30

https://twitter.com/tomasmcc/status/1155543252344463367

QFS- DLS, Abbeyside, Lismore and Ballygunner (well they still have to play Tallow but should win that easily)

presume its a draw between the other 8 teams for the Prelim QFS

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

That was some performance from Lismore tonight. I hope the current management team were watch it because if there are 30 hurlers in the county better than Prendergast X 2 and Ray Barry then there’s something wrong somewhere. Add Jack Fagan Ryan Donnelly and Kieran Power to that and the squad is definitely strengthened. All big men that are more than capable of hurling at the top level.

FT- Ballygunner 2-19- Tallow 1-17

QF playoffs
    Mount Sion vs Clonea
    Tallow vs Passage
    Dungarvan vs Fourmilewater
    Roannore vs Ballyduff Upper

QFs- Ballygunner, Abbeyside, DLS and Lismore (best runner up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

2-11 for Maurice today. Lismore mustn't be copying the Waterford gameplan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Hard to put getting sent off 60 seconds after coming on v Cork last year down to frustration!

Exactly! If being outnumbered is justification for a red card then no team would have any forwards left on the pitch. He's a liability and unless he has a complete change of mentality he should never play another game again. Too fond of hitting lads with the Hurley.

Deiseen wrote: »
    Exactly! If being outnumbered is justification for a red card then no team would have any forwards left on the pitch. He's a liability and unless he has a complete change of mentality he should never play another game again. Too fond of hitting lads with the Hurley.

It's a hard thing to judge given his own mental issues

Opposition in games are ruthless and will say horrible stuff tbh no matter what

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Looks like Ken and Derek are at each other again. Derek made a very sly dig on the Sunday game and Ken got in his response on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BlueFox90

Looks like Ken and Derek are at each other again. Derek made a very sly dig on the Sunday game and Ken got in his response on twitter.
    Yes a little bit embarrassing the point scoring between Derek , Ken and Brian Flannery. I didn't like Derek's and Donal Og's analysis but no need for the reaction from Ken or Brian either. Great weekend of hurling and we should be talking about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Anyone have the Ballygunner team from yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Here’s the discussion. Notions or what?!

https://twitter.com/thesundaygame/status/1155587601132220416?s=21

Gavlor wrote: »

Egos running wild

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Gardner

having reviewed the interview again and read the lads tweets it is quite clear Ken, Tony Browne (especially) and Flannery have totally taken up on DMG/DOC opinions the wrong way. crazy reactionary stuff from the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Whether they took it the wrong way or not, that rant from Derek was embarrassing and I say that as someone who thinks he’s the best pundit for analysing a game and spotting tactical setups and key movements. It’s a pity he didn’t stick to that sort of punditry instead of trying to defend the critiscm he got a few years ago. Time to move on Derek. I wish he’d leave Waterford out of it when on the Sunday game. I never heard Loughnane talk about his time as a manager in all the years he was a pundit.

Abbeyside missed two penalties yesterday and finally scored a third penalty (bringing the keeper up) to force a late draw with Roanmore yesterday. Ferncombe had a bad day on the frees. Billy Nolan played very well for Roanmore and looks like quite an intelligent outfield player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Gardner wrote: »
    having reviewed the interview again and read the lads tweets it is quite clear Ken, Tony Browne (especially) and Flannery have totally taken up on DMG/DOC opinions the wrong way. crazy reactionary stuff from the lads.

I dont think so....its fairly obvious to me that mcgrath has used national tv to have a cut off his critics

Its not first time hes wheeled out that your nothing,if ya dont go to college(or words to that effect),in an effort to.silence critics

Hes brought this controversy upon himself,by ranting and making it about himself,and as brendan cummins said no team.has won an all irrland yet,playing sweeper as main tactic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

_blaaz wrote: »
    I dont think so....its fairly obvious to me that mcgrath has used national tv to have a cut off his critics

Its not first time hes wheeled out that your nothing,if ya dont go to college(or words to that effect),in an effort to.silence critics

Hes brought this controversy upon himself,by ranting and making it about himself,and as brendan cummins said no team.has won an all irrland yet,playing sweeper as main tactic

Not sure what main tactic means, but was Pat Donnellan not a sweeper for Clare in 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

He was embarrassing tonight, lost the run of himself. To bring up the ‘pummelling’ we got in the Munster final of 2016 in order to defend himself against the rightful criticism he got was a new level of bull****tery.

Seriously, analyse the game for what it is and stop pontificating about stuff that’s relevant to you and no one else. I suspect we might not see him back again after this drivel. To downplay previous Sunday game analysis will not go down kindly with the RTÉ producers.

He was embarrassing tonight, lost the run of himself. To bring up the ‘pummelling’ we got in the Munster final of 2016 in order to defend himself against the rightful criticism he got was a new level of bull****tery.

Seriously, analyse the game for what it is and stop pontificating about stuff that’s relevant to you and no one else. I suspect we might not see him back again after this drivel. To criticise fellow Sunday game analysis will not go down kindly with the RTÉ producers.

the amount of traction it got last night online, RTE will be loving it

Anyone have the Ballygunner team from yesterday

Anyone at this game, have the teams?

Not sure what main tactic means, but was Pat Donnellan not a sweeper for Clare in 2013?

I curiously enough was at that drawn all ireland,was same day as waterfords minor(and clare done best to lose it)...

But was under impression they more or less abdanoned it for replay and hammered cork

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

McGrath was an embarrassment last night. The chip on his shoulder and Cusack’s is cringeworthy at this stage. Both of them cannot take any sort of criticism without resorting to snide comments. The only good thing about it was the real Mcgrath was seen by everyone last night and his saintly image has taken a battering once again. I thought he might have learned from his disastrous column when he castigated every person that dared to question his innovations, but when your ego is as big as that then you’ll never be able to have a proper discussion because the brain won’t allow it! Nice to read the negative reviews on other social media sites about it rather than here for a change aswell. He is the only so called pundit on that programme that having one a league title qualifies him to give us expert analysis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

cul beag wrote: »
    McGrath was an embarrassment last night. The chip on his shoulder and Cusack’s is cringeworthy at this stage. Both of them cannot take any sort of criticism without resorting to snide comments. The only good thing about it was the real Mcgrath was seen by everyone last night and his saintly image has taken a battering once again. I thought he might have learned from his disastrous column when he castigated every person that dared to question his innovations, but when your ego is as big as that then you’ll never be able to have a proper discussion because the brain won’t allow it! Nice to read the negative reviews on other social media sites about it rather than here for a change aswell. He is the only so called pundit on that programme that having one a league title qualifies him to give us expert analysis.

Really seeing a new side to him and is not good, also probably not good that he got into some of yere players head with that sort of chip on his shoulder. Comes across v narcissistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I know we focus on McGrath's BS on this thread for obvious reasons but Cusack's utter sh1te about the last remnants of British influence really takes the biscuit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

I know we focus on McGrath's BS on this thread for obvious reasons but Cusack's utter sh1te about the last remnants of British influence really takes the biscuit.

What a crock of sh1te. Plenty reasons to hammer the Brits at the moment but blaming them because some people dont like sweepers in hurling is beyond laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

The acrimony and bitterness over last 24 hours & indeed the passed 10-14 days has been something to behold.

Personally am disappointed in some people is one part of this from people who should know better, but am not surprised by the level of trolling and dogsihtology from supposedly grown men was another.

It was frankly sad - some people who read this forum and post consistently / troll people consistently online would want a good hard look in the mirror at themselves and their actions.

Their parents speaking out one side of their mouths criticizing social media users and their 40+ year old sons acting like a spoiled child online. An absolute laughing stock should google the meaning of the word credibility.

The county is in a complete mess. A rudderless ship from the top down, badly led, badly managed, a generation of being at top table psised away with nothing to show for it and in true waterford fashion the parish pump politicians / blame game are the order of the day, division and sniping at people rather than addressing the issues that caused our current position.

I assume the ego comments from Ken were a Freudian slip. Its unnecessary and has to stop or be stopped on both sides.

As the other stooges and gombeen men, half of them didnt know what end of a hurley to hold or how to lace up a pair of boots, it must be their only way to get a sense of purpose belonging in life. Fundamentally however your behavior flies in the face of the spirit of the GAA.

Go get a hobby for yourself, you are beating the same drum for 6-7 years, if you have no friends get a dog bring it for a walk, if you are that stuck you have my number ring me for a chat.

You are doing yourself and others around you no favors carrying on the way you and others are.

Before its said, i take my own comments on board also, personal attacks arent how i operate, facts, data & logic as opposed to whatever personal bias exist - bar a few rebuttals on twitter where i meet people head on, the rest of my tweets are unbiased and objective.

The facts are the county is going down the pan & those charged with steering it arent taking control and leading - everything else is just a sideshow and distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Derek Mc letting himself down badly since he gave up the Waterford gig. Time to get back into management and do what he does best because jilted punditry ain't his bag. Desperate drivel from the self appointed innovators last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

That Cusack is a very angry man.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

This childish carry on has gone way beyond any joke. If Derek truly "loves his county" as much as he proclaims, he needs to "move on" and stop dragging up muck at every opportunity. He has a very public forum and is using every opportunity as i see it to attack anyone and everyone who has dared to question his tactics. He seems to think that he is way above everyone and far more intelligent than anyone else and is the master tactician. If "self-belief" was a sport, he would be a world champion many times over.

As for Donal Og - he seems more than content to stoke the fires, playing his part in making sure that Waterford hurling is set back years. His tenure in management with Clare wasn't exactly covered in glory and there was no rush in Cork hurling circles to consider him for one of their management positions.

Quite simply this poison has to stop and stop now or there will be nobody interested in managing Waterford - this crap must be destroying what is left of any belief or moral that might be left in the Waterford camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

The acrimony and bitterness over last 24 hours & indeed the passed 10-14 days has been something to behold.

Personally am disappointed in some people is one part of this from people who should know better, but am not surprised by the level of trolling and dogsihtology from supposedly grown men was another.

It was frankly sad - some people who read this forum and post consistently / troll people consistently online would want a good hard look in the mirror at themselves and their actions.

Their parents speaking out one side of their mouths criticizing social media users and their 40+ year old sons acting like a spoiled child online. An absolute laughing stock should google the meaning of the word credibility.

The county is in a complete mess. A rudderless ship from the top down, badly led, badly managed, a generation of being at top table psised away with nothing to show for it and in true waterford fashion the parish pump politicians / blame game are the order of the day, division and sniping at people rather than addressing the issues that caused our current position.

I assume the ego comments from Ken were a Freudian slip. Its unnecessary and has to stop or be stopped on both sides.

As the other stooges and gombeen men, half of them didnt know what end of a hurley to hold or how to lace up a pair of boots, it must be their only way to get a sense of purpose belonging in life. Fundamentally however your behavior flies in the face of the spirit of the GAA.

Go get a hobby for yourself, you are beating the same drum for 6-7 years, if you have no friends get a dog bring it for a walk, if you are that stuck you have my number ring me for a chat.

You are doing yourself and others around you no favors carrying on the way you and others are.

Before its said, i take my own comments on board also, personal attacks arent how i operate, facts, data & logic as opposed to whatever personal bias exist - bar a few rebuttals on twitter where i meet people head on, the rest of my tweets are unbiased and objective.

The facts are the county is going down the pan & those charged with steering it arent taking control and leading - everything else is just a sideshow and distraction.

Wtf

Will you be putting yourself forward for election to the county board next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Gardner

spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NaDeise92

To be honest, Cusack made an utter fool out of himself last night with some of them comments.
    Derek does seem to be getting a bit repetitive but his analysis on the live games is actually decent.
    He made a point last night about the number of players over the weekend (not sure on the number he quoted) that had third level education behind them.
    Was the point he was making that these lads have had extra game time under their belts, extra experience playing in different systems and playing under different tactics and game plans?
    Does he not have a point there?
    Cusacks points made zero sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NaDeise92

Also , Jesus it hit home now far behind we are to the four teams that played over the weekend.
    I think we would of been embarrassed if we played either of the 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

I thought Derek was spot on with his analysis. I watched it back again and he didn't say you have to go to college to play hurling, yet certain former players and their wives spread that he did say it on twitter.

Classic Waterford really, still blaming a fella who got us closer than any previous manager to an All-Ireland for the current ****ness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Derek Mc letting himself down badly since he gave up the Waterford gig. Time to get back into management and do what he does best because jilted punditry ain't his bag. Desperate drivel from the self appointed innovators last night.

Jesus no, let him stay where he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Fred C Dobbs

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0729/1065905-old-powers-in-rude-health-as-game-hits-new-heights/

This the best hurling analysis I've read in a long time (Christy O'Connor on RTE website) ; covers both games at the weekend and even referenced Waterford v Kilkenny in 2016 & 2017.

Horrible draw for the senior hurling championship winners

QF 3rd Nov- vs Clare champs in Clare
    SF 10th Nov- vs Limerick Champs (home draw for us if we win QF)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,702 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

hey derek, how do you get your head so shiny !! :):p:D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Anyone hear of some breaking news to be confirmed on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

Heard a strong rumor doing the rounds since the weekend ! If it turns out to be true and as with any rumor that is a big if , I am sure we can look forward to yet another complete "circus", even worse than last year with what has gone on in the last 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dammo

What's the rumour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Dammo wrote: »
    What's the rumour?

Oh ffs don't encourage them

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dammo

Oh ffs don't encourage them

Lol, come on, where's your sense of fun!

blueflame wrote: »
    Heard a strong rumor doing the rounds since the weekend ! If it turns out to be true and as with any rumor that is a big if , I am sure we can look forward to yet another complete "circus", even worse than last year with what has gone on in the last 4 months.

About TQS????

Heard all sorts around dungarvan the weekend....but id imagine if it was true,theyd keep it quiet/not air issues in public like tom murphys letter to the munster??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fdee

"I am more smart than you"

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

About TQS????

Heard all sorts around dungarvan the weekend....but id imagine if it was true,theyd keep it quiet/not air issues in public like tom murphys letter to the munster??

What Iv heard in last 7 days;

- Fanning gone - announcement this week which will have a swipe at players

- Walsh park now over 12m no public money available & no redevelopment

- TQS pulling out end of this year not happy on a number of fronts

How many will be found to be true god knows. But if all three are then last one out - turn off the lights

• Advertisement

What Iv heard in last 7 days;

- Fanning gone - announcement this week which will have a swipe at players

- Walsh park now over 12m no public money available & no redevelopment

- TQS pulling out end of this year not happy on a number of fronts

How many will be found to be true god knows. But if all three are then last one out - turn off the lights

Im lead to believe tqs had to be talked into staying and this still isnt 100% resolved

Walsh park isnt worth pouring money into,we sold something like 3to 5000 home tickets to limerick match,only for limerick have a huuuge travelling support it would have been half empthy last day.......dont see point in building a stadium to accomandate fans of other counties tbh

We've all heard the rumours of who's agitating what and seen carry on in the limerick game to know that management and several of the players should never wear the county jersey again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement