Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

garv123 wrote: »
    All square at half time in fraher field. Rovers 1-4 Mary's 7.

Ended St Mary's 0-11 Russell Rovers 2-13

I have a query in relation to Waterford GAA. Does anyone know who is managing the Waterford minor hurling and football teams in 2020?

In relation to the Waterford U20 footballers, does anyone know about the management situation there. My own county Clare will take on the Deise men in the Munster U20 Football Championship 1/4 final on February 12th 2020.

Any info on any of those queries, that I have made in the above, will be most appreciated by this poster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭upthedeise16

Tommy Ryan is not even on the 43 afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hard luck to St Mary's but great year for them getting to the final

Any update on Aussies injury ?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Can’t wait to see the team and get the team sheet for the game on the 20th v Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

• Advertisement

Can’t wait to see the team and get the team sheet for the game on the 20th v Cork.

They are playing WIT again in advance of this, think it’s this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

That's moved to 29th I think

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

ovalu wrote: »
    Would be the exact same as this year with small forwards getting blown away physically once the real hurling starts, that half forward would not win one puck out come championship, there's about 9 small light forwards on the panel and those types of players are almost redundant in the modern intercounty game, we'd be as well off I'd we dropped about 7 of them because though they're all good hurlers, they all offer the same thing,
    Why don't we at least try a few big lads, Shane Ahearne, Cormac Curran, JP Lucey, etc, did any ofthem ever even get a chance?
    Jesus h Christ

Will the New Jersey range be out this week ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will the New Jersey range be out this week ??

It’s being launched this week anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

how come Tomas / WLR have this ahead of clubs?

Getting the propaganda out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

how come Tomas / WLR have this ahead of clubs?

Getting the propaganda out!!

Damned if they do and damned if they don't!!

debok wrote: »
    Damned if they do and damned if they don't!!

Maybe - but I do think clubs and club members should have the final accounts before local radio....

Some were posted out by all accounts but in this day and age an email to club officers shouldn’t be beyond the realms of capability.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Maybe - but I do think clubs and club members should have the final accounts before local radio....

Some were posted out by all accounts but in this day and age an email to club officers shouldn’t be beyond the realms of capability.

A very straightforward, and professional, thing to do would be to email each club PRO in advance of the Press Release being issued, and advise what time it is due for release.

Have club delegates been briefed on the accounts prior to issue?

hardybuck wrote: »
    A very straightforward, and professional, thing to do would be to email each club PRO in advance of the Press Release being issued, and advise what time it is due for release.

Have club delegates been briefed on the accounts prior to issue?

received in post today

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭whiteandblue

http://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/306733

Hoganstand actually haven't a clue, Convention is Thursday night and they're reporting Trish Walsh as Paddy-Joe's replacement.

Trish has taken over the Western Board chairperson role and best of luck to her! A great volunteer in Waterford Gaa in fairness to her.

Looks decent ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Looks decent ðŸ‘

I’m not liking the shoulders but will get it anyway. Probably my least favourite design for a long while. Hopefully it’ll bring back good memories of wins in years to come!

Who are the three hurlers? Conor Gleeson, Prunty? and ?
    God be with the days before helmets were compulsory and the players were instantly recognisable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭big_drive

Only ok on the jersey. Don't like the shoulders/sleeves design. Last jersey was better i think

I’m not liking the shoulders but will get it anyway. Probably my least favourite design for a long while. Hopefully it’ll bring back good memories of wins in years to come!

Who are the three hurlers? Conor Gleeson, Prunty? and ?
    God be with the days before helmets were compulsory and the players were instantly recognisable.

Conor Murray senior football captain from Rathgormack and Aaron Beresford football goalkeeper from Ballinacourty, seen Kieran Bennett in another pic as well

Who's the new senior hurling captain ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Who's the new senior hurling captain ???

Jim Greene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Awful, another cheap looking training jersey. When are we going to cut this Azzurri crowd loose.

Awful, another cheap looking training jersey. When are we going to cut this Azzurri crowd loose.

I can't see it happening anytime soon. I don't know how many work in Azzurri in Waterford but it is felt that if Waterford GAA left them, the factory would close and there could be a potential backlash towards Waterford GAA for not supporting the local economy.
    Is Pat Flynn an employee of Azzurri or am I imagining that? Obviously he would be on a career break or something to take the county secretary role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

I can't see it happening anytime soon. I don't know how many work in Azzurri in Waterford but it is felt that if Waterford GAA left them, the factory would close and there could be a potential backlash towards Waterford GAA for not supporting the local economy.
    Is Pat Flynn an employee of Azzurri or am I imagining that? Obviously he would be on a career break or something to take the county secretary role

My club were getting quotes from Azzuri for gear (not a GAA club btw) and they were very poor to deal with. Awful slow to get back to us and when they send us samples eventually they were thrown together. Ended up going elsewhere

It's amazing that county boards continue to follow the rule which requires jerseys to be manufactured in Ireland. I wonder would it stand up in court legally.

Kerry have pushed it close to the edge a few times, and Dublin were supposedly considering offers from international sports clothing manufacturers a couple of years back. Apparently they were even considering having the team kit made by a third party in Ireland, and replications made overseas, but as O'Neills have a base in Dublin they stayed local.

While it's admirable to support local employment in this case, I'd be very curious to know how the deal stands up commercially. It's notable that a lot of counties broke from O'Neills a few years back, Azzuri got most of them, and one by one they've all gone back to O'Neills except Waterford. One would hope that Waterford and Azzurri are both getting a fair deal, but you'd imagine that Waterford would benefit from extra sales if they went with another supplier.

Brexit is expected to have a definite impact on the GAA for a lot of obvious reasons. One of the less obvious reasons is that the bulk of O'Neills staff, who supply most of the association's gear, are based in Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Anything good expected to come from the convention tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Jesus lads this thread has hit a new low.

Ye’d rather Waterford gaa having a more aesthetically pleasing Jersey even if it means the ten or so people working for azzuri in kilcohan lose their jobs?

Fair play to the county board for sticking with them.

Gavlor wrote: »

Ye’d rather Waterford gaa having a more aesthetically pleasing Jersey even if it means the ten or so people working for azzuri in kilcohan lose their jobs?

I think one poster was in favour of moving away from Azzurri, and others have pointed out that it would probably result in job losses?

I would love to be reassured that it's a good and fair deal for both Waterford GAA and Azzurri, but understand that commercially sensitive information is unlikely to be shared.

In terms of feedback of the product, playing gear is not as good as O'Neills. Full stop. Not sure about the leisure gear as haven't used it in a long time, but the early stuff wasn't great IMO in terms of style and quality.

I think one poster was in favour of moving away from Azzurri, and others have pointed out that it would probably result in job losses?

I would love to be reassured that it's a good and fair deal for both Waterford GAA and Azzurri, but understand that commercially sensitive information is unlikely to be shared.

In terms of feedback of the product, playing gear is not as good as O'Neills. Full stop. Not sure about the leisure gear as haven't used it in a long time, but the early stuff wasn't great IMO in terms of style and quality.

Personally just not a fan of their stuff, never have been. Waterford been with them since 2003, remember that god awful kit we wore in the Minster final win over Cork in 04? not to mind the state of our minors when they won that AI in 2013. They’ve produced some stinkingly Bad kits over the years, many clubs moved across to them aswell for a good deal but interestingly most seem to have moved back to ONeills eventually. I beleive service, or lack thereof seems to be a recurring theme.

We are the only county still using them and if that’s what’s keeping them in business then they should be thankful To Waterford co board cos it’s poor gear in comparison to the O’Neills stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭tommylad1212

He is employed by them

Gavlor wrote: »

I didn't say it was the right thing to do or I'd rather it, I gave the 2 reasons why they potentially stay with Azzurri as they fear a backlash if there was local jobs were lost if they changed and as our county secretary who would have a big say in the decision is an employee of Azzurri.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

Azzuri

On the day the new jersey was launched I checked their website- nothing about it to be found. Nothing on their social media either. Baffles me how little effort this company makes to have adequate stock ( last year's training top hasn't been available in medium for months on their website.)
    The quality of the gear is not great either. Rang them a few years back trying to get a kids goalkeeper jersey as I could not get it in the shops to be told "yea that's hard to get it's very popular" wtf!
    Surprised they've lasted this long to be honest.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Any news from convention last night

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DeiseDawg

[https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3477537295597366&id=112146118803184

quote="carter10;112006647"]Azzuri

On the day the new jersey was launched I checked their website- nothing about it to be found. Nothing on their social media either. Baffles me how little effort this company makes to have adequate stock ( last year's training top hasn't been available in medium for months on their website.)
    The quality of the gear is not great either. Rang them a few years back trying to get a kids goalkeeper jersey as I could not get it in the shops to be told "yea that's hard to get it's very popular" wtf!
    Surprised they've lasted this long to be honest.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

DeiseDawg wrote: »
    [https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3477537295597366&id=112146118803184

quote="carter10;112006647"]Azzuri

Surprised they've lasted this long to be honest.
    [/QUOTE]

my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭5948ai

Definitely the worst Jersey azzurri have produced since they've come on board but truth be told who cares if we land the big one wearing it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Deskjockey wrote: »

i wonder what his changes were going to be

League final and the championship games in Walsh Park were the notable achievements of his reign with the latter having nothing much to do with him TBH

Fanning seems a decent guy but sadly didnt work out for him

Roll on the Liam Cahill era

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Cornerstoner

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Alf Tupper

Deskjockey wrote: »

"I'll still do whatever I can to help get Waterford over the line. But what I won't be is, I'm not going to be a shadow over the thing either.
    "Liam deserves his space now."

Good Man Pairic. I wouldn't blame you for calling Derek McGrath out on that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

It's time for a full time commercial manager to be advertised.

Alf Tupper wrote: »
    "I'll still do whatever I can to help get Waterford over the line. But what I won't be is, I'm not going to be a shadow over the thing either.
    "Liam deserves his space now."

Good Man Pairic. I wouldn't blame you for calling Derek McGrath out on that one!

He didn’t exactly succeed in banishing the ghosts of McGrath himself either. Seemed as if he had no real clue about what his philosophy was from the outset. Had a poor selection committee on the line with him aswell, his appointment was a disaster from the get go.

The best thing I would say about Fanning was that he put himself forward for his county when the co board were badly stuck and no one else wanted the job, and did his best. But he oversaw our worst Championship year since probably the mid 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

He’s so full of hot air I’m surprised he doesn’t float away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

He is like the local Sinn Fein councillors. Lots of talk but when it matters runs away and blames everyone else. A real hurler on the ditch.

He is like the local Sinn Fein councillors. Lots of talk but when it matters runs away and blames everyone else. A real hurler on the ditch.

Is it not a fairly reasonable and relevant question to ask what plans are in place to increase revenue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭enoughtaken

Is it not a fairly reasonable and relevant question to ask what plans are in place to increase revenue?

Of course it is. But unfortunately we have a lot of amadán‘s on here who haven’t a clue how things operate.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement