Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Relhcstirt

Great win for Ireland. That's the commitment we need from the Deise!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Relhcstirt wrote: »

Yeah will give every GAA team a lift and hopefully Ballygunner win tomorrow

I imagine all the lads out in the States for that tournament were watching with there pints of Water ha. How come we didn't get an invite put to that ?? Surely the 2017 AI runners up would be deserved of a chance to go out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

Relhcstirt wrote: »
    But that's enough about Ballinameela.

Best of luck too Ballygunner

Really need to hit the ground running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Ballygunner in with a right good chance here. One point up at half time. Well in the game from open play.

Ballygunner in with a right good chance here. One point up at half time. Well in the game from open play.

Yeah need a huge 2nd half performance

NP gifted a point which was Cleary a wide

Great 2nd half for BG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Fair play to them, completely proved me wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Congratulations to Ballygunner. Great win.

• Advertisement

Congrats Ballygunner great win and great day for Waterford hurling too

Balls of a draw for the AI series with Ballygunner facing Ballyboden or Ballyhale in the semis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Great stuff ballygunner. Many congratulations to them. What a second half performance.

Ballyhale in flying form today scoring 6-21 v naomh eanna of Wexford. Colin fennelly got 4-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

Amazing second half performance. Well deserved victors.

Congrats to bg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Great to see a Waterford team have their day in the sun... fair play to Ballygunner, fantastic win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well done, BG. Super 2nd half. Best of luck in the semi.

Think the semi final will be on 9th Feb meaning we won't have the BG players for the start of the league and possibly the whole campaign

We play Offaly and Laois on 27th Jan/3rd Feb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Think the semi final will be on 9th Feb meaning we won't have the BG players for the start of the league and possibly the whole campaign

Here's hoping we won't have ballygunner players for league if it means they in all Ireland.
    Great performance in second half and fair play to them all they battled hard and finally git bit of luck in a munster final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Very impressive team performance from Ballygunner with the scoring spread around. They weren't depending on Mahony or Conor Power today as the others stepped up which must be very pleasing for Hartley. When Na Piarsaigh got the early goal, I thought it would be a long day but just like the last few games, Ballygunner didn't panic and kept hurling which is a very good sign. Wayne Hutchinson was a man mountain in the second half and Peter Hogan really drove the team on for the entire game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Deiseen

This is a good thing because it forces the manager to try new lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Fair play to ballygunner totally proved me wrong well deserved though na piarsaigh looked tired and i don't mean to be taking anything away from ballygunner hope they go on and win it out now. From a Waterford perspective these lads will be going a long time with no break the sooner its moved to a calendar year the better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

debok wrote: »
    Here's hoping we won't have ballygunner players for league if it means they in all Ireland.
    Great performance in second half and fair play to them all they battled hard and finally git bit of luck in a munster final.

Always finds a negative. If they lost he’d be saying Waterford are doomed because of Ballygunners consistent failure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Congratulations to Ballygunner on a wonderful victory for both their club and for Waterford hurling. They were immense in the second half and credit to Hartley for getting it right on the day. Huge performances from Hogan Hutchinson and many more.
    Whatever route they are to take there’s no shortcuts to winning an All Ireland and with all the teams left in it they’ll have to beat 2 strong clubs to be champions but that’s for another day. Let them enjoy the richly deserved celebrations for the next few weeks. Congrats again to one and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

What a joy that Conor Power lad is to watch. He’s the closest thing I’ve seen to a Lar Corbett style player since he finished up. Once he gets the sliotar in his paw you don’t know what is coming and that pace he has is electric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Always finds a negative. If they lost he’d be saying Waterford are doomed because of Ballygunners consistent failure

Ah in fairness i dont think he meant that as negative this time he just likes pointing out all possible conclusions of every situation!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

debok wrote: »
    Ah in fairness i dont think he meant that as negative this time he just likes pointing out all possible conclusions of every situation!!!!

All the negative conclusions though.....

On another note, who knew Ballygunner had so many supporters? Surprised to see so many on the field afterwards given they are hardly ever heard in the county championship!

Limerick ran out a lovely league campaign lasy year without na p players. People spoke about their return to the panel and the impact they'd have etc but the guys who got to play during the league got to contest those positions come championship and it worked out really really well for limerick as some older legs graduated to being extremely effective impact subs and some of the younger lads went on to contribute to limerick's success last year.

This is exactly where you want your county champions to be, winning Munster and playing for club at the highest levels can only bring positives to the county team.

Having to play 1b without key players is going to be just fantastic in my book. So many young players with great potential from all over the county only dying to get a chance for a go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Super win for Ballygunner, massive second half performance to pull away in the end.

Ballygunner are now favourites for the All Ireland but its going to be very tough, with the Leinster champions in the semi final in February and St Thomas from Galway in the mix too. But after beating Ballyea and Na Piarsaigh in recent weeks they will fear nobody.

Great to see a Waterford club win Munster again, hopefully Ballinmeela can win the junior Muster title as well, make it a really good end to what has been a bad year for Waterford hurling (Ardmore aside, that seems like a long time ago)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Deisegodeo wrote:
    Ballygunner are now favourites for the All Ireland but its going to be very tough, with the Leinster champions in the semi final in February and St Thomas from Galway in the mix too. But after beating Ballyea and Na Piarsaigh in recent weeks they will fear nobody.

Surprising that ballyhale aren't favourites , obviously they have Leinster final to go but thought they would be especially after today. Colin Fennelly had a field day .
    Have the Waterford panel started back ? Anyone any names of who has been called up or hasn't from the previous panel

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Surprising that ballyhale aren't favourites , obviously they have Leinster final to go but thought they would be especially after today. Colin Fennelly had a field day .
    Have the Waterford panel started back ? Anyone any names of who has been called up or hasn't from the previous panel

I find it surprising that Ballygunner are favourites too, with Ballyhale and St Thomas both left in it and with recent All-Irelands to their name. Might all change depending how the Leinster final goes though.

Today's result will affect how Pauric Fanning goes about selecting his panel for the league, I'd imagine he would have wanted to see how a few Ballygunner fellas would go in league games - Speedy Power, Peter Hogan, maybe a couple of others. Not to mention the established Ballygunner players on the Waterford team being missing, which of course opens up chances for other players and being in division 2 will help in this regard. Will be very interesting to see Fanning's league panel when finalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Ballyhale have to win three games, Ballygunner two. That's why they're favourites, also beating Naomh Eanna and beating Na Piarsaigh are two entirely different feats.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Ballyhale have to win three games, Ballygunner two. That's why they're favourites, also beating Naomh Eanna and beating Na Piarsaigh are two entirely different feats.

Yeah that's a fair point but I think 11/8 to beat let's say ballyhale and st Thomas is way too short

• Advertisement

What a great weekend for Waterford hurling. Well done to all concerned.

when will we actually know what home venue we will be using for 2019 League and Championship ?. Also when will we knw the result of our appeal about the NHL home game

I could see us using Walsh park for the Offaly (if we dont lose home advantage) and Galway in the league with the Carlow game being under lights in Fraher Field or Carriginore. As regards championship (vs Clare and Limerick) **** knws

Cant wait for it all to start again esp now with Ballygunner gearing up for a AI Club semi final

5-6 weeks until the Munster league starts. League will be hot on its heals. Soon enough we'll get to see some real information about what Fanning has in store.

puzl wrote: »
    5-6 weeks until the Munster league starts. League will be hot on its heals. Soon enough we'll get to see some real information about what Fanning has in store.

He will be Without the Ballygunner players (SOK, Mahoneys, Peter Hogan, Kenny) anyway for the start and possibly all the league. So he has no choice but to try out the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Hogan and Kenny were dropped

thesultan wrote: »

Hogan seriously ??

Played very well this year for BG surly was in with a shout of getting on the Waterford team

Kenny not up to intercounty level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Hogan was ok but I'd have his teammate power ahead of him

• Registered Users Posts: 47 RichardBzero

I’m not into or on social media but have seen screenshots this morning of all the ballygunner players tweeting #bringbackkenny. Ian Kenny himself tweeted something directly to Pauric Fanning. This was all yesterday while they were still all out celebrating and no doubt drunk. Serious lack of judgement by all of them especially the Mahonys and SOK. Shows a serious lack of respect already for Pauric Fanning. Could you see players in kk doing it to Cody or the same in any other county?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

I’m not into or on social media but have seen screenshots this morning of all the ballygunner players tweeting #bringbackkenny. Ian Kenny himself tweeted something directly to Pauric Fanning. This was all yesterday while they were still all out celebrating and no doubt drunk. Serious lack of judgement by all of them especially the Mahonys and SOK. Shows a serious lack of respect already for Pauric Fanning. Could you see players in kk doing it to Cody or the same in any other county?

Haven’t seen or heard of such tweets but reflects very badly on those Ballygunner lads that are on the panel if they were tweeting such things to Fanning.
    Not surprised with Kenny being dropped, he had a couple of chances last year in the league and didn’t exactly excel. With Kieran Bennett back and Michael Harney joining the panel it’s not surprising he lost out. He is however a superb club corner back.
    Hogan is a funny one. He was superb Sunday, really took the fight to Na Piarsiagh. However I wouldn’t have seen this as a particularly good year for him prior to this game. Again injuries played their part but especially against Cork in the U21 game I thought he wasn’t at the races. He wasn’t featured on the panel for most of last year and it would have been hard to argue for him making it. Maybe this game will see him turn the corner, hopefully it does.

• Advertisement

Hogan was ok but I'd have his teammate power ahead of him

Power hasn’t been available previous years due to work commitments. I presume that is the same this year but am open to correction on that.

The most recent post on Twitter using the hashtag #bringbackkenny is dated 21st September. It seems to be about NASCAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

deiseach wrote: »
    The most recent post on Twitter using the hashtag #bringbackkenny is dated 21st September. It seems to be about NASCAR.

Try #BringKennyBack

JesusRef wrote: »
    Try #BringKennyBack

Ah. Thanks for that.

Not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Stephen Molumphy added to the Wexford backroom...

deiseach wrote: »
    Ah. Thanks for that.

Not good.

I wouldn’t mind people who aren’t involved in the set up. But it’s in bad taste from Philip. Hopefully it was tongue in cheek stuff with pints on board.

• Advertisement

The Ballygunner players are well known to like there pints and act like lunatics so I'm not surprised they were acting the maggots but at the end of the day it's Twitter and social media should not impact real life

Few extra laps/push ups for the BG well they go back to the Waterford camp and be told they better not do it again or else

The Ballygunner players are well known to like there pints and act like lunatics so I'm not surprised they were acting the maggots but at the end of the day it's Twitter and social media should not impact real life

Few extra laps/push ups for the BG well they go back to the Waterford camp and be told they better not do it again or else

My god what a post.
    How out of touch with reality can one be...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Gardner

embarrassing stuff :confused::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭willbeuptuesday

With the County Convention coming up, is it time that a motion was put to the floor to end the east/west divide and come up with an all county approach on all levels for the future development of Waterford GAA?

Would clubs support it?
    Is it right thing to do for Waterford going forward?
    Does anyone here have the influence to get a motion through a club?

My honest opinion is that until we start looking at GAA from "What is in the interest of Waterford GAA2 perspective then we are going to change nothing. Radical change is needed to bring Waterford forward. Is this board capable of Change?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

With the County Convention coming up, is it time that a motion was put to the floor to end the east/west divide and come up with an all county approach on all levels for the future development of Waterford GAA?

Would clubs support it?
    Is it right thing to do for Waterford going forward?
    Does anyone here have the influence to get a motion through a club?

My honest opinion is that until we start looking at GAA from "What is in the interest of Waterford GAA2 perspective then we are going to change nothing. Radical change is needed to bring Waterford forward. Is this board capable of Change?

Could you flesh this out a bit more? What do you mean about an all county approach?

I think it would be hard to get change, but it would depend on how it's framed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement