Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Just wondering if the game will be refixed at all given the tight schedule and the fact that both teams have already qualified?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,108 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Poor form to only call it off an hour before throw in. Sickener for the travelling Galway supporters.

yeah bad form but it did get heavier later on this morning. Annoying esp with people travelling down for the game and the stand almost full

few more games going to be called off too so will prob play Round 5 next weekend (9th/10th Mar) and then QFs the 16th March (no games on the paddys day i imagine cause of the club finals, hardly play some games on the 18th March ??), semis on 23/24th March with final being the weekend after 30/31st March

Still have the time but its irratating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

On Friday and Saturday it was clear that there was heavy rain coming in. An inspection could have been done at 11 rather than 1pm.

The game could also have been played in Carriganore.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

hardybuck wrote: »
    On Friday and Saturday it was clear that there was heavy rain coming in. An inspection could have been done at 11 rather than 1pm.

The game could also have been played in Carriganore.

Rte reporting that Walsh park passed an early morning pitch inspection.

It does seem that the decision should have been made earlier given the forecast for heavy rain. Not sure how they will deal with the refixing of the game given that a crowd was in the stand already- will it be free in the next day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Deisegodeo wrote: »

It does seem that the decision should have been made earlier given the forecast for heavy rain. Not sure how they will deal with the refixing of the game given that a crowd was in the stand already- will it be free in the next day?

They probably did one around 8 or 9 to see if Galway should travel, at which point the pitch would have probably been playable.

1pm is very disappointing, and the GAA seem to constantly lack common sense when it comes to calling games off last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

They had a lady announcing over the speakers that you'd get a ticket for the next day at the gate but then the lad at the gate didn't have tickets and was telling people they'd get in with the tickets used today after they had the stubs torn off. So I'm guessing if you threw it away after going in then you're ****ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

TippVCork and WexfordVKilkenny also cancelled within an hour of throw in. The rain hardly "just came in" and flooded three pitches at the same time. Surely one of them could have been cancelled at 9am which shows the GAA failed today.

Galltir beaten by a point in the camogie final, hard luck after huge effort.

Should have been a lot more than 3 minutes injury time in second half too. Missed goal chances proved costly in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Pity for all the Galway supporters and players that travelled so far. A long way to come just to get a look at the pitch.

Pity for us, for our first home game in so long to be a non game.

• Advertisement

ah balls Dublin 0-13- Laois 0-11

Laois were winning up too a few mins near the end but failed too hold out meaning we cant go top of the table now no matter the result against Galway Whenever its played

for 2020 we will be in Group A of the Div 1 with the following teams

1 Limerick
    2 4th 1A
    3 Winner of 1A pointless Relagation playoff
    4 Galway or Dublin
    5 Westmeath or Kerry (2A Final 2019)

Reckon Galway game will be next Sat with the QFs the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

I got into walsh park earlier with season ticket and was scanned in should i have got scanned out when it was called off some people on Galway forum are saying you should have. Will this show up as being attended or will it just come up when they replay each other next weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭tommylad1212

deise08 wrote: »
    Pity for all the Galway supporters and players that travelled so far. A long way to come just to get a look at the pitch.

Pity for us, for our first home game in so long to be a non game.

The carlow game was a home game !

IanVW wrote: »
    I got into walsh park earlier with season ticket and was scanned in should i have got scanned out when it was called off some people on Galway forum are saying you should have. Will this show up as being attended or will it just come up when they replay each other next weekend?

Scanning once proves attendance. Why would you need to scan again? The first time was still recorded and scanning again doesn’t prove you attended the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭waterford28

Anyone get the subs list today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

The gaa Decided to coin toss to determine the winners of the games which were due to be played yesterday. Waterford, Wexford and Cork lost so we’re playing away to KK next Sunday.

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    The gaa Decided to coin toss to determine the winners of the games which were due to be played yesterday. Waterford, Wexford and Cork lost so we’re playing away to KK next Sunday.

I heard a coin toss was to be done but can't find confirmation anywhere. Do you have a link or source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

I heard a coin toss was to be done but can't find confirmation anywhere. Do you have a link or source?

It’s on the Facebook Deise banter page, should have been a bit cleverer cause whoever’s running it has just admitted that he was joking 😂

Still no confirmation about what’s happening next week.

It’s on the Facebook Deise banter page, should have been a bit cleverer cause whoever’s running it has just admitted that he was joking 😂

Still no confirmation about what’s happening next week.

Right. Probably explains it so.

Although I'd say Galway would probably take a coin toss after yesterday !

Hopefully gaa confirm what is happening soon anyway

• Advertisement

Feck ya anyway. I believed it.

The suites are prob having there free lunch before they meet too decide. A coin toss would actually make sense but can't lose the €€€ on these 3 games

2pm sunday
    Quarters st patricks weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

IanVW wrote: »
    2pm sunday

Typical GAA. It shouldn't take that long to toss a coin.

I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The suites are prob having there free lunch before they meet too decide. A coin toss would actually make sense but can't lose the €€€ on these 3 games

What are you on about now? Why would they actually use a coin toss to decide the games. Any 3 of cork, KK, Wexford, tipp or indeed Clare could end up in the league QF depending on how the results go next weekend. Coin toss my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DeiseDawg

[https://www.gaa.ie/news-archive/news/re-fixtures-of-postponed-allianz-hurling-league-games/is

uote="KevIRL;109583837"]What are you on about now? Why would they actually use a coin toss to decide the games. Any 3 of cork, KK, Wexford, tipp or indeed Clare could end up in the league QF depending on how the results go next weekend. Coin toss my eye.[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DeiseDawg

DeiseDawg wrote: »
    [https://www.gaa.ie/news-archive/news/re-fixtures-of-postponed-allianz-hurling-league-games/is

uote="KevIRL;109583837"]What are you on about now? Why would they actually use a coin toss to decide the games. Any 3 of cork, KK, Wexford, tipp or indeed Clare could end up in the league QF depending on how the results go next weekend. Coin toss my eye.
    [/quote]

https://www.gaa.ie/news-archive/news/re-fixtures-of-postponed-allianz-hurling-league-games/

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sheepo

Does anyone know if I can get a refund for my match ticket for yesterday? I can't go to the rescheduled game as I've a match myself at that time. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Why weren't Waterford playing at home last yr if they are allowed play at home this year? Self-inflicted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭whiteandblue

Club fixtures will still be fixed provisionally for the weekend of the 30th of March but hopefully Waterford will be playing a league final that weekend.
    Even if Waterford have a semi-final on the weekend of the 23rd and lose, I would still expect the club games to go ahead with just a week preparation for the clubs as the footballers are playing that weekend as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

sheepo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I can get a refund for my match ticket for yesterday? I can't go to the rescheduled game as I've a match myself at that time. Thanks

https://twitter.com/WaterfordGAA/status/1102587345814065152

• Advertisement

Season ticket attendance yesterday doesn't count.

Season ticket attendance yesterday doesn't count.

It will after this weekends game is over

we cant play Tipp as they can only finish 4th in 1A so its looking like one of Kilkenny/Wexford/Cork or Clare with Kilkenny deff being away with coin tosses for the other 3 teams for home advantage

Semi final draw is
    Limerick/Laois vs QF D (4th 1A vs 1st 1B)
    QF B (2nd 1A vs 3rd 1B) vs QF C (3rd 1A vs 2nd 1B)

Have the programme in the car somewhere. I remember seeing Colm Roche listed and just the usuals other than that.

Edit: Micheál Harney was also listed as a sub and I don't remember if he was listed on other recent subs lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tramore84

KevIRL wrote: »
    What are you on about now? Why would they actually use a coin toss to decide the games. Any 3 of cork, KK, Wexford, tipp or indeed Clare could end up in the league QF depending on how the results go next weekend. Coin toss my eye.

They should decide the remaining games by tossing a coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Relhcstirt

Don't agree. Waterford need game time, win lose or draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Relhcstirt

Don't agree. Waterford need game time, win lose or draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

Apparently people have been swapping their tickets in shops for fresh ones after last week even if they had the stubs torn off? Anyone else heard about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deisefacts

Our minor hurlers were beaten 1-24 to 0-11 in a challenge last week. Limerick were missing 5 Ard Scoil Ris lads and we’d a full panel apart from young Fitzgerald( broken collarbone) from passage. Tipp beat us by 5pts with more or less their b team also over the last few weeks. Darragh Sullivan is apparently after stepping away as he is rumored to be taking over ballygunner. We also only barely Carlow and Offaly in recent challenge matches.
    My source within the county board tells me our minor footballers were beaten by wexford last night on a score of 4-10 to 0-3. He tells me that some of the players from last year have walked away from it and there’s more that aren’t making themselves available. This is also the group that Paddyjoe’s mouthpiece “ Tom Flynn” walked away from over dual players. Can anyone sort out our underage before we are asking John Mullane and Gary Hurney to come back so that we can field a team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

Deisefacts wrote: »
    Our minor hurlers were beaten 1-24 to 0-11 in a challenge last week. Limerick were missing 5 Ard Scoil Ris lads and we’d a full panel apart from young Fitzgerald( broken collarbone) from passage. Tipp beat us by 5pts with more or less their b team also over the last few weeks. Darragh Sullivan is apparently after stepping away as he is rumored to be taking over ballygunner. We also only barely Carlow and Offaly in recent challenge matches.
    My source within the county board tells me our minor footballers were beaten by wexford last night on a score of 4-10 to 0-3. He tells me that some of the players from last year have walked away from it and there’s more that aren’t making themselves available. This is also the group that Paddyjoe’s mouthpiece “ Tom Flynn” walked away from over dual players. Can anyone sort out our underage before we are asking John Mullane and Gary Hurney to come back so that we can field a team

I'm really worried. We have been really complacent about underage based on one winning team. Most of the other counties have had good underage teams too the past few years.

• Advertisement

So many different possibilities of QF opponents but one id hate would be Clare away. It would be a coin toss for home advantage and you wonder would Clare prefer a game down in Walsh Park too to get a feel for it ??

On this 'coin toss' things you have too wonder does having a home football match the same day mean 'ah feck it we make it a double header' so xxx team wins the toss

Cork- play Donegal at 2pm on the 16th March in Pairc ui Rinn
    Wexford- Limerick at 2pm in Wexford Park
    Clare- Meath at 2pm in Cusack Park

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Alpha Centauri

Billy Nolan
    Jordan Henly
    Mark O'Brien
    Stephen Roche
    Colm Roche
    Michéal Hearney
    D.J. Foran
    Tommy Ryan
    Michael Wash
    Jack Prendergast
    Billy Power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Do you know the management teams for both teams.

Is Kiely from Abbeyside still minor? He was very impressive last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Have no doubt the underage is in a mess. Dungarvan are down in division 3 at minor level which tells us that it’s not only at county level we have taken our eyes off the ball. What hasn’t helped is the break up of the Dungarvan colleges combined team for Harty Cup. The pool of players in the west of the county are slipping through the net by not being exposed to top level hurling as they either are attending Dungarvan CBS or St. Augustines and neither can perform on their own. Blackwater then are trying to pull from the hurling areas far west of the county where the population is sparse and are struggling to compete at the top level due to lack of numbers. DLS to be fair have a huge pick but it’s only now they seem to be getting back on track at Harty level which is great to see and to be honest their last successful team has supplied some fantastic players to our current senior panel. Bottom line is if the school structure isn’t in place the whole jigsaw falls apart.

Is Kiely from Abbeyside still minor? He was very impressive last year.

No over age

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

Billy Nolan
    Jordan Henly
    Mark O'Brien
    Stephen Roche
    Colm Roche
    Michéal Hearney
    D.J. Foran
    Tommy Ryan
    Michael Wash
    Jack Prendergast
    Billy Power

Where has Maurice Shanahan gone? A brief appearance against Laois and no sign of him since.

Giveitfong wrote: »
    Where has Maurice Shanahan gone? A brief appearance against Laois and no sign of him since.

Injured,

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deisefacts

Do you know the management teams for both teams.

Not 100% sure on both set ups but Darragh Duggan from Tipperary who plays for the brickeys is the hurling manager and I think Gary Morahan from Portlaw is involved also. Tom Guiry from the Nire is the football manager and David Robinson is the trainer. Think Gavin Whelan is also involved. I know there’s probably a few others involved but couldn’t be sure of who

• Advertisement

I imagine it will be the same team/squad as the postponed game ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement