Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Brick, Hogan in. Dunford, Ryan out

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

KevIRL wrote: »

https://twitter.com/WaterfordGAA/status/1111736476310605829

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Interesting. Was expecting Jack Prendergast in for Dunford. Perhaps our struggles in the half forward line last week prompted his inclusion. I would expect either Kearney or Brick to line out midfield with Barron, I don’t recall Gleeson lining out at midfield previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Road-Hog wrote: »
    So called Pundits only ‘pen’ populist sh1te.....who remembers limerick getting bet by cork in their first league game.....don’t think we are in for a ten year period of dominance by LK as we got from kk in period 06-16 where they won 8 titles so w’ford Should not fear or feel anyway inferior to a team with one major title in 45 years....but then again I could be completely wrong. If w’ford Play to their strengths and have a good day, if the Bennett’s and Mahoney click up front, Gleeson can put in a good performance and the newer guys such as Lyons, etc continue improving we won’t be far away come Sunday at 4pm

Does that mean Waterford haven't won a major title in 60 yrs? We in Limerick can't be held responsible for what pundits say,ok if you pushed me I'd be picking Limerick but Waterford are going well and dont see there being much in it. I was v impressed with Waterford last week and hopefully they keep playing attacking hurling.
    As for any team dominating as kk did I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon as there's too many good teams around these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Fred C Dobbs

Byrnes is the playmaker for Limerick so presumably Brick will give something to think about.

Met a staunch Tipp supporter in my local earlier; he’s desperately hoping Limerick win (not that he’s anti Waterford) ; just thinks that they will lose the run of themselves altogether, should they win.

Thought that Tommy Ryan would retain his place but can see him coming on and picking up the pieces in the last 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

I would expect Brick to be midfield with Jack to replace him at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Byrnes is the playmaker for Limerick so presumably Brick will give something to think about.

Met a staunch Tipp supporter in my local earlier; he’s desperately hoping Limerick win (not that he’s anti Waterford) ; just thinks that they will lose the run of themselves altogether, should they win.

Thought that Tommy Ryan would retain his place but can see him coming on and picking up the pieces in the last 20 minutes.

Tipp are always hoping everyone else loses. That Tipp supporter might be right but I doubt Limerick will lose the run of themselves. As a Limerick person Clare is our biggest rivalry but Tipp are the team we love to beat most and weve done it with bad teams aswel as good. There isn't a Limerick man alive doesn't like beating Tipperary and bursting their bubble. Fantastic hurlers and all that aside.
    I think Waterford will be very hard to beat. Fanning seems like the manager these young Waterford players need. He let's them Express themselves more than McGrath did. Barron is top class and that new full back looks excellent. Limericks half back line isn't the best when ran at but then what half back line is. I think Bennett will have his toughest assignment yet in Finn and Visa versa. I cant wait to see Gillane on Connors..2 spikey individuals.. I cant see Gillane getting away with giving Noel a little dig....hed be on his rear.
    It ll be a great test for both teams. I'd just about give Limerick the nod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

Concern trolls gotta concern troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Hopefully we can get off to a flyer... would be a different story giving Limerick a 6 point lead in the first half.

Hope the lads get going on the "B" of the Bang.

Hopefully there will be good support there tomorrow!

Up the Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

I’m empty reaching reading that bulls**t article by McGrath. He discreetly puts it out there how he changed Jamie Barron to being the player he is today but fails to mention how he destroyed the 2 Bennett’s as hurlers turning them into racehorses. Add Tommy Ryan to that list also. If you didn’t know any better you’d swear he was the most successful manager in hurling history but what gives him the authority he believes he’s entitled to is beyond me. One national league title and 2 relegations is his sum total. We won’t go into the hammering in the 2 Munster finals. His proposal to have a highlights programme on a Monday night with Cusack will be short lived if it ever makes the cut. The 2 clowns that tried to reinvent the wheel but got their mallets stuck in the spokes!!

• Advertisement

Roadworks on the M7 completed ahead of time and the regular road will reopen at 6am tomorrow

Roadworks on the M7 completed ahead of time and the regular road will reopen at 6am tomorrow

Are you serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Yes but the speed limits remain and so do the speed cameras on both sides of it so just saying this as a warning. The cameras are usually right at the end of the speed zones just so ye know.

Are you serious?

Would I lie about such matters

https://mobile.twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1112031444149420032

Great news. I was planning on leaving an hour earlier so this gets me my daylight saving hour back in bed! Well used to the 60km zone that's been in place which is a right pain but bringing that down to one lane would have been a bottle neck within a bottle neck but at least it's all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

cul beag wrote: »
    I’m empty reaching reading that bulls**t article by McGrath. He discreetly puts it out there how he changed Jamie Barron to being the player he is today but fails to mention how he destroyed the 2 Bennett’s as hurlers turning them into racehorses. Add Tommy Ryan to that list also. If you didn’t know any better you’d swear he was the most successful manager in hurling history but what gives him the authority he believes he’s entitled to is beyond me. One national league title and 2 relegations is his sum total. We won’t go into the hammering in the 2 Munster finals. His proposal to have a highlights programme on a Monday night with Cusack will be short lived if it ever makes the cut. The 2 clowns that tried to reinvent the wheel but got their mallets stuck in the spokes!!
    yep .he turned some load of people off hurling .5 wasted years on top of what Davy done .this is good at the moment genuine excitement .we all know you cant win them all .but at least die trying .give it a go.Mc Grath is something else .spoke to him last year after he went and he genuinely told me that he " cant wait to get his hands on the team again ,this time they were boys next time they'lll be men ...eh no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Adult & Juvenile ticket available FoC for Croke Park tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thepines

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Adult & Juvenile ticket available FoC for Croke Park tomorrow.

Can I take them please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

What are the duels / one on ones to look forward to later........?

Connors v Gillane
    Lynch v Barron
    Finn v Bennett

Some of the Limerick guys look a little ‘beefy’ and a bit sluggish not taking away from their ability but sometimes coming into the last few mins of a tight match this could catch up with them....predicting an easy win for them all the same.....will help heap the pressure on them come the summer and the ‘invincible’ / red hot favorites tag will be nicely sticking to them and seeping into the panels and managements heads.

Looking forward to the day today, have a good feeling about it. Bringing my four year old son with me for his first visit to croke park - he's been at every game this year and is so pumped for today.

Well for him getting to see the Deise in a national final at croke park and he four years old, I was in my 30s before I had the pleasure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,108 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

safe journey and best of luck too the team and management. Big bonus territory too not just get to a final but a final in Croke Park

Some league journey from Thurles too Croke Park in 2 months

Plenty of parking spaces at red cow park and ride. Traffic flowing well all way through M9 and N7.

Road-Hog wrote: »
    What are the duels / one on ones to look forward to later........?

Connors v Gillane
    Lynch v Barron
    Finn v Bennett

Some of the Limerick guys look a little ‘beefy’ and a bit sluggish not taking away from their ability but sometimes coming into the last few mins of a tight match this could catch up with them....predicting an easy win for them all the same.....will help heap the pressure on them come the summer and the ‘invincible’ / red hot favorites tag will be nicely sticking to them and seeping into the panels and managements heads.

Talk about a negative way to look at a national final. It's very sad. Waterford have won little enough over the years, certainly not enough to turn their noses up at a League. Limerick will be hard to beat in the summer weather they win today or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭deisemum

Anyone know if the traffic is busy on the motorway and if the delays are bad where the roadworks are?

We're only 10 mins on the motorway so would appreciate any suggestions on where we could park near Croke Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Just here. No delays. Here too early if anything.

Flowing ok just passing johnstown garden centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

deisemum wrote: »
    Anyone know if the traffic is busy on the motorway and if the delays are bad where the roadworks are?

We're only 10 mins on the motorway so would appreciate any suggestions on where we could park near Croke Park.

Parked at Clonliffe. Plenty parking all the way in.

I’m in Croker. Nobody here yet and the cats are out. Saw parking spaces all around on way in.

Prunty named on subs list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

Lads can anyone who's at the ground and who's got a programme mind throwing up the Waterford subs please? Would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sound job pth. Completely forgot about tomasmc. Follow him on twitter myself and all. Cheers.

Ok crowd lots of Waterford/Limerick supporters in this section

Struggling with puck outs, Kearney and Aussie not in the game at all. Limerick seem too be picking up easy scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Limerick are very sharp, dominating all over the pitch to be honest. Austin not in the game at all but he’s not the only one. Minimal scoring contribution from play but Waterford have started a lot of games very slowly this year so I think we should expect a big improvement in the second half but Limerick aren’t going to wilt. The wife is watching it with me here and is remarking how poor Gleeson has been throughout the league and the Clare game aside it’s very hard to argue with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

a Wonder goal from Gillane. A save one on one far end. And five points in it at half time. Two moments that could have turned it. Here’s hoping for a better second half from Waterford. Just like last week.

We shall see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Unfortunately for all the talent Austin has when he's on his game days like today show he's so over hyped
    Wide open spaces of Croke park he should be tasting up yes but yet again he's nowhere to be seen
    When teams have a plan for him he's easily nullified

Limerick far too cute,fitter,faster,hungrier, more physical and much better drilled.

Eight point victory as it stands flatters Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Deiseen

brinty wrote: »
    Unfortunately for all the talent Austin has when he's on his game days like today show he's so over hyped
    Wide open spaces of Croke park he should be tasting up yes but yet again he's nowhere to be seen
    When teams have a plan for him he's easily nullified

Limerick far too cute,fitter,faster,hungrier, more physical and much better drilled.

Eight point victory as it stands flatters Waterford

Who is over hyping gleeson?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Deise Gael

How in God's name was Mikey Kearney kept on the field for an hour?

He's just not up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Wicked flat performance from Waterford today, the game never really got going at all and passed quite a few of our lads by. Limerick were full value for the win and they’ll be hard to beat this year. They’re the fittest and most skillful team around at the moment and good luck to them.

Waterford will learn a lot from today and they won’t be too disappointed with the result I would say, there’s bigger targets for the team further down the line. Disappointing performance but a game in Croke Park against an excellent team will bring them on an awful lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭threeball

Deise Gael wrote: »
    How in God's name was Mikey Kearney kept on the field for an hour?

He's just not up to it.

Gleeson should have been hooked long before anyone else. Once he let the ball over the sideline while striking a ball into corner forward it was time to call him ashore. He's one of the most hot and cold players I've ever seen.

One of those days but Limerick were far better and deserved too win by much more

Some players just didn't turn up today. Moran played well

Overall good league campaign but lots of work to be done before the 12th May. Clare game is crucial and a loss could be damaging for our championship hopes likewise a win could do wonders.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Some clear facts from today. Kevin Moran better not retire any time soon. Stephen Bennett missed a very poor free early in the second half and paraic took the rest , we know now who will be taking them in the championship. Kearney was very poor but he wasn't the only one. Limerick are different gravy physically, strength wise and have all the hurling too. They are a quality side and it's hard to see how we can compete with them in the short term . Will be difficult to get out of Munster. We can definitely beat Clare . Cork I'm not sure about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

We weren’t at the races today, fair enough. Let’s get over it, it will be a total different intensity come the summer. Overall we should be pleased with our league performances. Just didn’t happen today. Limerick are the benchmark and fair play to them.
    We still have a number of players to come back such as Conor Gleeson, The Fives brothers, Maurice and Prunty. We’ve found two gems in Jack Prendergast and Callum Lyons so that makes competition for places even harder. The lads are off to their clubs for a few weeks now and then they’ll have 4/5 weeks to get things going again. Looking forward to the summer, Limerick are the strongest in Ireland atm but the other 4 teams in Munster are all well able to challenge for the other two spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Tough game, I think Limerick maybe just wanted it that bit more, they would be eager to prove last year wasnt just a flash in the pan and they're absolutely flying it at the minute. Decent enough league for the new management and definitely reasons to be positive, although today was disappointing enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

Tough game, I think Limerick maybe just wanted it that bit more, they would be eager to prove last year wasnt just a flash in the pan and they're absolutely flying it at the minute. Decent enough league for the new management and definitely reasons to be positive, although today was disappointing enough.
    Basically handed the game to Limerick with our incredibly ridiculous tactics. Handing them the initiative every puck out, allowing them to stroll out and pick off perfect passes to inside line. Junior B level stuff from the management team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

carter10 wrote: »
    Basically handed the game to Limerick with our incredibly ridiculous tactics. Handing them the initiative every puck out, allowing them to stroll out and pick off perfect passes to inside line. Junior B level stuff from the management team

And so it begins..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Deiseen

threeball wrote: »
    Gleeson should have been hooked long before anyone else. Once he let the ball over the sideline while striking a ball into corner forward it was time to call him ashore. He's one of the most hot and cold players I've ever seen.

Careful now, youll

threeball wrote: »

I wont hold Gleesons feet to the fire except to say his decisions are poor and that's his biggest problem. And as a poster alluded to he cant have a decent game. It either has to be 'Roy of the Rovers' or a disaster.
    Waterford will improve alot but that was a serious loss. They tried to match Limerick at their game and they just arent physically at that pitch of performance. No harm you might say, but I'd say they needed to show a different gameplan than that. Limerick are very good. Hegarty is a joy. That big kids passing and touch..hes fun to watch. Unselfish too. Compare him to Gleeson. Gleeson has the better athletic ability but would Gleeson have held up the ball in that first half when only a hail Mary shot was on..Hegarty checked once ...nothing on...checked twice ...nothing and then laid it off. Ozzy would have gone..'Here goes Nothing'....Kaboom and aimed for row z

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

And so it begins..

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize we were to ignore the blatantly obvious. My bad

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement