Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

There's loads spare in Clare and some clubs can't get them returned now.

Allocations were 50:50, right? This was daft, and that's not the benefit of hindsight. If there were 5,000+ Clare fans who wanted to go to every Munster championship match, and anyone planning to travel to Waterford away, wherever that might have been, is surely going to Ennis twice and Limerick, why were there only 1,100 (according to someone on this thread) season tickets sold? The lack of joined-up thinking in the GAA does get exasperating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭blue note

A win is the best result we can hope for this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

blue note wrote: »

I dont even know how to respond to this :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭ForestFire

deisedude wrote: »
    I dont even know how to respond to this :eek:

You need to think outside the box (i.e. No Square Balls:o)

Win Match - Check

+ No Injuries
    + Increase score difference
    + I think it would be better if the team we play after this game also wins?? If they were to lose it would put massive pressure for them to win the Waterford game (Don't know who that is)
    + Sale of Crisps and cans through the roof paving the way to pay for addtional stand on the opposite side
    + No rain
    + No parking tickets

Okay I'm out now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

If we can score more points and goals than Clare I think we'll have a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

We just need to want it more!

JeffKenna wrote: »
    If we can score more points and goals than Clare I think we'll have a chance.
    Is that you, Tomás Mul?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

A win for who though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

ForestFire wrote: »
    + I think it would be better if the team we play after this game also wins?? If they were to lose it would put massive pressure for them to win the Waterford game (Don't know who that is)

Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

Stand tickets for the match sunday are now on sale to joe public on Tickets.ie

That is of course aside from the fact clubs only got 4 stand tickets each & many elderly members of clubs bought terrace tickets will now have to endure 2-3 hours of standing up to get a decent view if they want to see the games.

But according to paddy joe on the radio the tickets were only for sale through the clubs! Looks to me like the clubs drew the short straw again!

• Advertisement

Clare(H) -> Tipp(A) -> Limerick(H) -> Cork(A)

It's going to be ferocious and we have to get points this weekend to have any chance really. 2 would be fantastic, 1 would be good.. 0 would be a disaster. I find it hard to see a way out of Munster if we can't beat Clare. It'll be hard to beat Limerick, even with home advantage, and then we need to look at 2 points from one of the away games, which again will be difficult. And even then there are scenarios where 4 points isn't enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

puzl wrote: »
    Clare(H) -> Tipp(A) -> Limerick(H) -> Cork(A)

It's going to be ferocious and we have to get points this weekend to have any chance really. 2 would be fantastic, 1 would be good.. 0 would be a disaster. I find it hard to see a way out of Munster if we can't beat Clare. It'll be hard to beat Limerick, even with home advantage, and then we need to look at 2 points from one of the away games, which again will be difficult. And even then there are scenarios where 4 points isn't enough

Anyone else think its starting far too early and could be over in no time

Should of stayed with the pre 2018 intercounty calendar. Club Championships got finished eventually

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

The ticket situation is a fiasco. Clubs should have got a lot more . I can buy any amount of stand tickets right now on tickets.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭914

The ticket situation is a fiasco. Clubs should have got a lot more . I can buy any amount of stand tickets right now on tickets.ie

Stand tickets gone from tickets.ie terrace still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

That surely is a farcical situation alright. I had said previously the board hadn’t handled it too badly but to see this situation arise is infuriating for clubs whose members are now almost all in either the North or West terrace.
    It really is a slap in the face to the clubs. Mainly caused by allocating so many tickets to Clare, which even at the time of announcement was highlighted by plenty here as being ridiculous.

I can't remember where I read it, it wasn't the 50/50 split of initial allocation part of the condition of using Walsh park?

My own club has some West End terrace tickets available if anyone still needs tickets. Seems tickets.ie has north terrace and east terrace tickets too. Clare were allocated the full east terrace originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Are the terrace tickets all split into 3 seperate terraces or can people stand anywhere?

IanVW wrote: »
    Are the terrace tickets all split into 3 seperate terraces or can people stand anywhere?

Split and access restricted to the terrace on the ticket

• Advertisement

Any thoughts on what the team will be ? Darragh fives def out . Not sure about Kearney. This kind of line up would be controversial:)
    Sok
    Shane Fives Prunty Connors
    Moran Austin Conor Gleeson
    Barron Jack P
    P Mahoney Maurice Shane B
    T Ryan Stephen B Curran
    No TBD or Philip

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Littleking18

Where is the north terrace? Across from the stand?

Attached photo

IanVW wrote: »

Shane Fives in some shape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

That's a squad and a half there!
    Looking fantastic, so many options.
    Oooh roll on Sunday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Are the season tickets allocated the stand only or can you go on the terraces if you please?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deisefacts

Stand tickets for the match sunday are now on sale to joe public on Tickets.ie

That is of course aside from the fact clubs only got 4 stand tickets each & many elderly members of clubs bought terrace tickets will now have to endure 2-3 hours of standing up to get a decent view if they want to see the games.

But according to paddy joe on the radio the tickets were only for sale through the clubs! Looks to me like the clubs drew the short straw again!

Paddyjoes pr firm has just said on Twitter that only 1 stand ticket was returned and questioned what club should get it.
    Instead of admitting their mistakes now they are going to try and cover it up

Are the season tickets allocated the stand only or can you go on the terraces if you please?

I'd imagine it will be similar to the league SF in nowlan park when only access to the main stand was given to season ticket holders. I tried to get down to the seated stand behind the goal but was refused access

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Punt Road

What time do the turnstiles open on Sunday.
    Minor at 12 right?

Punt Road wrote: »
    What time do the turnstiles open on Sunday.
    Minor at 12 right?

10 30

Any thoughts on what the team will be ? Darragh fives def out . Not sure about Kearney. This kind of line up would be controversial:)
    Sok
    Moran Austin Conor Gleeson
    Barron Jack P
    P Mahoney Maurice Shane B
    T Ryan Stephen B Curran
    No TBD or Philip

Sok
    Mahony Tadhg Moran
    Barron C Gleeson if fit or else Jack P
    Mahony ? Gleeson
    Shane Stephen Tommy / Hogan

What I’m expecting anyway.

Centre forward I’m not sure. Kearney might start if he is fit with Maurice coming in off the bench.
    Prunty’s physicality probably needed against Conlan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 xanthe6

Few quickies on Walsh Park. What's the best way to get to Walsh park(stand section) , walking from the train Station on match Sunday and is it much of a walking distance? Are there fast food places near the train station, or coffee shop in the station, will be stuck for time to get the train back so don't want to be looking for somewhere in a rush!
    TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭upthedeise16

I’ll gladly swap you if you would prefer the terrace?

Read in local papers that Clare trained in Walsh Park last Saturday? Is this common in intercounty scene for the home team to give the away team such access? I wouldn’t have expected teams would be so accommodating but maybe it is common.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 xanthe6

DiscoStew wrote: »
    Read in local papers that Clare trained in Walsh Park last Saturday? Is this common in intercounty scene for the home team to give the away team such access? I wouldn’t have expected teams would be so accommodating but maybe it is common.

Not unusual at all ..... to get the *lie of the land* Don't think many teams would travel to venues such as Thurles, Gaelic Grounds PUC etc to train as they've been there manys a time. Probable very few played in Walsh Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

xanthe6 wrote: »
    Few quickies on Walsh Park. What's the best way to get to Walsh park(stand section) , walking from the train Station on match Sunday and is it much of a walking distance? Are there fast food places near the train station, or coffee shop in the station, will be stuck for time to get the train back so don't want to be looking for somewhere in a rush!
    TIA

The simplest way is to cross the bridge from the station and keep going straight - through three sets of lights (at the bridge, at the Hyper/Super Valu, and at the Marian/Mercy Secondary). At the fourth set of lights (just before Norris's corner/Celtic Squash Club/Blue Jade Chinese), you turn right onto Slievekeale Road. Keep going and you'll come to the stand, If the entrances closer to town are open on the day, you'll pass those, and if not, keep going.

For food/coffee, on the way (from memory) you have the small coffee shop in the station, an African fast-food place on Bridge Street, the Fitzwilton Hotel, Super Valu (café in there), I think a Four-Star pizza, a petrol station with food, then a shop and maybe a chipper at the Marian. Further on there's the aforementioned Chinese. Not sure what will be open on Sunday, since you're sort of skirting the city centre. If you go into town (basically 4-500 metres down the Quay), there are tons of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DeiseDawg

xanthe6 wrote: »
    TIA

On leaving the train station, cross the bridge into the city. At lights at end of bridge go directly accross the road and continue past the church up bridge Street (a hill). Continue straight on through next traffic lights. With SuperValu on your left, straight on through next lights. From here on any right turn will take you to Walsh park vicinity. About 30 mins or less from station
    Coffee shop in staion. You will pass takeaways en route. Deli counter in supermarket that you will pass.
    Enjoy Waterford!

I look forward to the good people of Clare gushing about our gentle county as much as our guests from Monaghan did last year!

bml.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭tommylad1212

DiscoStew wrote: »
    Sok
    Mahony Tadhg Moran
    Barron C Gleeson if fit or else Jack P
    Mahony ? Gleeson
    Shane Stephen Tommy / Hogan

What I’m expecting anyway.

Centre forward I’m not sure. Kearney might start if he is fit with Maurice coming in off the bench.
    Prunty’s physicality probably needed against Conlan.[/quot
    Fives, jack p, Tommy won't start

• Advertisement

Fives, jack p, Tommy won't start

No start for Shane Fives you are saying? Looked fit in those training camp pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Socky
    McNulty
    Prunty
    Connors
    Moran
    Tadgh
    Mahoney
    Barron Gleeson
    Aussie
    Kearney
    Mahoney
    Bennett
    Bennett
    Hogan

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tunc Nagiloc

Nothing particularly surprising

Very surprising that mcnulty is starting

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

puzl wrote: »

I don't understand why they never announce the subs too. Always want to know who's made the matchday squad so you know our options off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Very surprising that mcnulty is starting
    Agreed. Particularly as Shane fives is said to be fit again. Strong team over all though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

STARTING 15 V Waterford (numbers as per match programme):
    1. Donal Tuohy (Crusheen Gaa)
    2. Patrick O'Connor (Tubber GAA Club) - Captain
    3. David McInerney (Tulla GAA Club)
    4. Jack Browne (Ballyea Gaa)
    5. Seadna Morey (Sixmilebridge GAA Club)
    6. Colm Galvin (Clonlara GAA Club)
    7. David Fitzgerald (Inagh-Kilnamona GAA Club)
    8. Shane Golden (Sixmilebridge)
    9. Cathal Malone (Sixmilebridge)
    10. Peter Duggan (Clooney Quin GAA Club)
    11. Tony Kelly (Ballyea) Captain
    12. Diarmuid Ryan (Cratloe GAA Club)
    13. Shane O'Donnell (Éire Óg Inis GAA)
    14. John Conlon (Clonlara)
    15. Podge Collins (Cratloe)

Substitutes:
    16. Andrew Fahy (Whitegate GAA Club)
    17. Jason McCarthy (Inagh-Kilnamona)
    18. Aidan McCarthy (Inagh-Kilnamona)
    19. Gary Cooney (O'Callaghan's Mills Gaa Club)
    20. Niall Deasy (Ballyea)
    21. Ryan Taylor (Clooney-Quin)
    22. Cathal McInerney (Cratloe)
    23. David Conroy (St Joseph's Doora Barefield)
    24. Aron Shanagher (Wolfe Tones na Sionna GAA Club)
    25. Michael O'Neill (Kilmaley GAA)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

McNulty has been very good this year on any occasion he’s played. That Clare full forward line will take no prisoners so they’ll all need to be on their game! I’d have started Maurice and Tommy but can’t argue too much with that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tunc Nagiloc

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Agreed. Particularly as Shane fives is said to be fit again. Strong team over all though

Yeah thought myself Fives would start if fit but McNulty started every single league game I believe so why not that surprising. Fives hasn’t played since opening game. Didn’t play club games either.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement