Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1940 in Dublin

Options
  • 30-05-2018 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I would be grateful if anybody could kindly find the names over the doors of 53 Upper Dorset St. and 17 Aungier St. in 1940. Many thanks, Patrick Flanagan

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you don't get a reply here, the lovely people upstairs in Pearse Street library will find a concise clear question like yours easy to answer. They have a collection of Thom's street directories going back to about 1800.
    Their email is dublinstudies@dublincity.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

I would be grateful if anybody could kindly find the names over the doors of 53 Upper Dorset St. and 17 Aungier St. in 1940. Many thanks, Patrick Flanagan

Have a 1943 Thoms, entries from this are -
    53 Upr. Dorset St. - "E.J. Brennan - Provision Stores"
    17 Aungier St. - "MacGrath Brothers - window blind and revolving shutter manufacturers"

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pflanagan132

Thanks Bow Wow, that is probably good enough

Sorry Bow Wow, I should have asked if there was a Delaney shop next door to McGraths?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

Image of page.

• Advertisement

Many thanks, much appreciated!

Advertisement